A Strange Companion [VAN]

Started by King_Furby, August 11, 2008, 05:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

Seeking someone to play a female alien character, with pace being at least once a week. But hopefully a few times a week.

I am wanting someone to play this character
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5141/graywomennh8.jpg
Can be any space related profession you want.

A Strange Companion

Many years ago war broke out between humans and another humanoid alien race. This war was brutal and decimated the human population. Those who were not killed were taken as slaves, or forced to live and pay tribute to the aliens. The aliens sought to purge the evil's of humanity, for too long humans had waged war and depleted natural resources of their planet and of others. These aliens took it upon themselves to right the universe.

During the start of the war various colony ships random jumped into hyper space, back then the technology at least for humans could only do blind jumps. One such colony ship departed the earth territories and made their home on small swampy planet. It was safe and hidden but with the cost of having a poor environment for sustaining life. The ship had about 100 people on board, and the population managed to make enough to survive on the planet. But after many years their adaptations proved not to be enough. Population went down over time, people's health started to fail and their equipment started to fail.

The RP takes place years after the war, when the war has been forgotten. Now 2 people remain, a man in his early 30's with poor health and his 14 year old daughter. The other survivors went out into space in a modified escaped pod from the colony ship; but that was 3 years ago. Since then the two youngest people are the only people to still live on the planet.

For the last 7 years the people grew desperate for aid and started sending out a distress signal. A young female alien picks up the signal and goes to investigate. Here she finds hostiles, in unknown numbers. Once she discovers that it's only two people. One young and one in poor health she tries to help them. But what she didn't expect was to find someone who she will gradually grow fond of.

Story involves the human recovering from the toxic gas of the planet, learning how to deal with changes, and finding out that love can be found in the strangest of companions.

We need to talk more about this in PM. PM me or post here if interested.

I think it's an interesting aspect of play to have a child involed in the RP (as a background character only, still in complience with site rules). That is optional for this game, but i think i could be fun. Would the girl come to look at the women as a sort of mother character? Again we can cut that out if you would rather.