You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 07:44:06 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The X-Men versus The Brotherhood character application  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Praxis

• Don't worry loves. The cavalry's here.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • "Be a dissident. Who ain't kissin' it."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: The X-Men versus The Brotherhood character application
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »
Swift is approved but if we get a Banshee, which I believe there is one in the making, you could have some issues, lol.

Sculptor is approved based on what you had told me about him.

excellent  *high five*

I just realized how similar he is to Quicksilver in some respects...although...the poor man's Quicksilver.

xD

As for Banshee.  What am I missing?  Isn't Banshee the sonic...ohhhhhh...oh yeah.

Ha.  Should prove interesting.

Offline Empyrean

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 03:32:09 PM »
I hadn't stated this yet, or at least I don't think I had but both Professor X and Magneto have relatively recently disappeared which caused the Brotherhood to disband initially and the X-Men to go their seperate ways for now.  Both groups are re-emerging though which would be a good reason for Kitty to end up the leader of the Brotherhood.  I actually really do like the character development you put into Kitty's personality and history.

Thanks!

And sure, I have no problem with her reforming the Brotherhood her way after Magneto disappeared. The power vacuum would appeal to her sense of being in control and she'd want to make the Brotherhood even bigger and better than the old incarnation. :)

Offline Mossberg

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 04:28:45 PM »
    Name: Gaul Neald

Alias: Replicant

Appearance: Gaul is 5'10" and approximately 175lbs, with light brown hair and brown eyes. His attire typically consists of bluejeans, black leather sneakers, whatever shirt he could find that was clean enough and a black, lightweight denim jacket.

Abilities: Gaul possesses the ability called Adoptive Muscle Memory, a.k.a. Muscle Mimicry. This ability allows him to replicate any physical ability after seeing it just once. However, it does not allow him to do things he normally wouldn't be able to do such as fly, lift a car, etc. What it does is merely impart the knowledge and skill to do the action such as fighting, parkour or whatever else within the constraints previously stated. At this time Gaul is not able to memorize actions for very long, usually about half an hour or so depending on the complexity. There also seems to be a limit on the number of skills he is able to remember. He exercises and trains regularly so that he will be in good enough shape to perform any remembered action with ease.

Personality: Gaul is often quiet and reserved around those he doesn't know, though once he warms up to a person he becomes friendly enough. He seems to get along well with most of the other students and instructors. Due to his focus on the more physical aspects of his training his schoolwork often falls behind as a result.

History: Gaul is a fairly new student at the Academy, having been there almost a year. His ability began to manifest itself when he was about thirteen years old. Most people thought he was just some natural athlete, highly dextrous and so on. It wasn't until he was in his mid-teens that he found out that he had a special power. He was a bit surprised, but not too much since he had always thought deep down that he was different. One night he had been over a a friends house and they were watching old martial arts movies. After the movies were over they all wanted to play fight. Things were going fine until one of the boys had hit Gaul a little too hard. Gaul then proceeded to mirror one of the scenes perfectly, even down to breaking the boys arm. Needless to say he got in trouble with his parents and lost one of his best friends. Then over a period of just a couple months he lost all his friends and nobody would even talk to him at school because they were afraid of him.

Words like freak, nutjob and lunatic were whispered in the halls as he passed, but he heard them. And he resented them for it. He hadn't asked to be different, but they all acted like it was his fault. Before much longer his parents started homeschooling him. When that didn't work out well they started looking into boarding schools. One day a man and a woman came to his house for an interview to see if he was eligible to attend their school. Gaul remained upstairs in his room while his parents and the people from the school talked, so he didn't know what was being said. A week later though and he had his things packed and was on a train heading to the school with the man and woman that had come to visit his parents. Now, nearly a year later, he has come to grips with his ability and even started learning to get better at it. He knew now that he wasn't a freak, he was special. And now he had a home with others like him.

Equipment and Items of note: Gaul carries a smartphone with him at all times. The 16GB storage is crammed full of videos he uses to let him mimic the actions in them. These videos run the gamut from various martial arts displays, acrobatics and things he may one day have a use for ( for example, lockpicking, sculpting, dancing and quite a few other things ). In addition to the phone he carries a collapsible baton that extends to 1 1/2' and is made from a very durable polymer capable of breaking bones if he swings it at near full strength.

EDIT: Forgot to add the items earlier.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:32:07 PM by Mossberg »

Offline Irishfire87Topic starter

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 04:29:57 PM »
Name:  Annabelle Carragen

Alias:  Acid

Appearance: 

Abilities: 

Acid Blood:  Anna's blood has a burning acidic property that can eat through flesh, clothing, leather and other non-metal materials.  She also has an immunity to her own ability.  Due to the acidity of her blood she has immunity to most illnesses and poisons that travel through the blood stream, including alcohol.

Quick Coagulation:  Anna's open wounds tend to close much quicker than most other people.

Hand to Hand:  She is a decent hand to hand fighter though not what one would consider a master of any fighting styles.

Acid Spray:  Anna is unnaturally skilled at either spitting blood out of her mouth as a mist or just outright spitting it out of her mouth.  She is also skilled at directing blood that is flicked from her fingertips.

As a note, she has very sharp filed fingernails that she can use to easily cut herself with.  She does not usually use them as a weapon.

Affiliation:  Brotherhood

Personality:  Anna is a very unique individual.  She is very loyal to her allies and has what is growing into a hatred for himanity.  She cannot see how someone can hate something that anyone of them could have been.  It's time that she's joined a force to help defend her own kind as she is past the point of hoping for peace.  While she has decided to join a fight for mutant kind she is very laid back and carefree.

History (Optional):  Nothing much is known about her other than the fact that she learned that she was a mutant in a very unfortunate way.

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 04:32:11 PM »
Replicant is approved.

Offline Divine Tenacity

• ~*~Glow~*~
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • Like a Honey Badger, I give no F#&ks.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 07:29:04 PM »

Name:  Jennifer Walters

Alias:  She-Hulk

Human Form: Jennifer stands at 5"10 and weighs in at 150lbs. She has brunette hair, green eyes, and a fair complexion.

She-Hulk: She-Hulk stands at 6"7 and weighs in at 700lbs. She has green hair, green eyes, and a emerald complexion.

Abilities:  As a human she has none. In She-Hulk (Shulkie) form she possesses enormous super strength, speed, agility, reflexes, and stamina. She is also a formidable hand to hand combatant, refining her skills daily. Jennifer is currently learning how to switch forms and keep aware of both sides at will.

Personality:  Jennifer is mostly quiet and sort of mouse-like,  she is also very kind and empathetic. Jennifer prefers to keep to herself and close friends. When in Shulkie form, she is a fun-loving, out-going, feisty young woman. She uses terrible jokes during most of her fight scenes.

History: Jennifer Walters is an orphan, losing both of her parents in an unfortunate car accident when she was seventeen. She was nearly murdered by her late father's old nemesis, the mobster Nicholas Trask. When taken to the hospital it was discovered there was no blood that was compatible to her type. Luckily her cousin Bruce Banner was close by and since they shared the same DNA and blood type her provided his own blood for the transfusion. His radioactive blood combined with the inner anger Jennifer had always felt transformed her into the She-Hulk. In her first transformation she breaks out from the hospital and succeeds on getting her revenge on Nicholas Trask.

Jennifer has always had problems controlling her more savage counterpart. She decides to attend the Xavier School for Gifted Children, learning that Prof. X was a powerful psychic and may be able to help her. Unfortunately that is not the case as both The Professor and Magneto are missing. Jennifer sticks around anyway, continuing her studies and learning to control her more base desires through the rigorous training provided by the X-men.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 10:35:36 AM by Midori Sadi »

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 07:31:32 PM »
Approved

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 09:40:45 PM »
Swift is approved but if we get a Banshee, which I believe there is one in the making, you could have some issues, lol.

Because of the dislike for authority, right?  I didn't see anything specific to Banshee in there.

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 09:45:22 PM »
No, because of 3 times the normal hearing of a human.  Banshee could probably make him permanently deaf with one screech.

Also, hope to see the Banshee character sheet up soon.  You don't have to but it will help me with the backstory/storyline that I post tomorrow.

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 09:47:53 PM »
Oh, gotcha.  I am about to head to work, but will write one up this when I get home. 

Offline Praxis

• Don't worry loves. The cavalry's here.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • "Be a dissident. Who ain't kissin' it."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2014, 10:56:14 PM »
Because of the dislike for authority, right?  I didn't see anything specific to Banshee in there.

I was thinking because of the sound.

Swift is a bit sensitive to such things.

I'd like to think there might be an equipment solution eventually but fun is fun.  Play through.  :)

edited for...what she said.

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 03:09:41 AM »
Name:  Sean Cassidy

Alias:  Banshee

Appearance:

Abilities:  Superhuman hearing, Sonic screams, Flight, Concussive blasts, Sonic energy lances, Ability to cause nausea, disorientation, or unconsciousness, Immune to Black Tom and Siryn

Personality:  Banshee is something of an outsider among the X-Men.  Though only Cyclops and Jean Grey joined before him, his off and on status along
with being a decade older than the original class always set him rather apart, and he never felt really close to them.  He did feel a semi-kinship with Wolverine, both of them being experienced combatants and older than their students, having joined at the same time, and neither being full-time
members, though Wolverine seemed to eventually find his place among the team.  Banshee often keeps to himself, playing on the piano, reading,
working out, or listening to music while he works Sudoku puzzles.  He is a generous friend, dependable in any situation, and an excellent listener,
though he can be a bit awkward at times.

History (Optional):  After growing up in Ireland, Sean moved to New York when Black Tom inherited Cassidy Keep.  He started working for INTERPOL, quitting after a few years due to a failed mission (botched by Deadpool).  While doing freelance detective work, he stumbled across Factor Three.  They found a way to mind control him, leading to his first fight as a mutant, that fight against the original X-Men team.

For the next couple of years he continued in New York, living a somewhat normal life, his abilities aiding him greatly as a detective.  When the original X-Men team became captured, Banshee was one of several enlisted to help save them.  Over the remaining years, Banshee lived a mainly normal life, interrupted by occasional stints as X-Man, instructor, and once as co-headmaster.  For a brief time he even helped start a separate team of mutants. 

(I edited his history slightly, having him spend more time in the US to justify a lack of accent.  Black Tom has Cassidy Keep in this version.  Will edit later for format)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:50:12 AM by kckolbe »

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 08:20:07 AM »
Approved, I'll go add him to the character list.

Offline AribethAmkiir

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 07:51:39 AM »
Name:  Anna Marie

Alias: Rogue 

Abilities:  Rogue can absorb the memories, knowledge, talents, personality, and physical abilities (whether superhuman or not) of the person she touches.  While Rogue no longer permanently possesses the abilities she’d stolen from Carol Danvers (superhuman strength, stamina, durability, reflexes, speed and a 7th sense), she has retained the combined experiences of those she’s touched throughout her career giving her a wide array of knowledge across many fields.

Personality:  Rogue is a good ‘ol Southern gal.  She believes in kindness, sincerity, generosity, loyalty, justice, and equality and values friendship and family above all else.  The girl is tough, having endured and survived a bittersweet life.  Age and experience have tempered her rash and spontaneous nature.  While resistant to the demands of leadership, she is more than capable and has come to the realization that the School needs her as much as she needs it.  She believes herself a poor substitute for Charles Xavier, but is committed to making him proud. 

History:  Hailing from Caldecott, Mississippi, Rogue is a runaway having fled her life after her mutant powers manifested and she put the first boy she ever kissed into a coma.  She was found and adopted by Mystique of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and was molded into a villain.  After Rogue permanently absorbed Ms. Marvel's psyche and Kree powers, she reformed and turned to the X-Men, fearing for her sanity.  Since joining the X-Men Rogue has been a constant, loyal member who has proven her place, time and time again, on the team.

After Xavier’s disappearance and the X-Men’s continued inability to find his whereabouts, Rogue took a leave of absence from the School.  She tried to follow some possible leads to the Professor’s whereabouts on her own and took the time to reflect upon what she wanted and the path she felt she needed to take.  Hearing that control of the school had fallen to Surge, a capable yet inexperienced young woman, Rogue couldn’t help but feel that she’d let the Professor and the students down.  She made arrangements to return to the school and to take up the position of Headmaster.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:15:23 AM by AribethAmkiir »

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2014, 07:59:37 AM »
Approved.

Offline 45dragoons

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 10:03:43 AM »
Name: Lilly Nightshade

Alias:  Tinkerbell, tinker, bell.

Appearance:  
the horns and the pendent are going to be her AI she is making.

Abilities:  able to create technology that she has the seen or if she has the spar part for. right now she creating a Personal A.I unit. she  in the range of intelligence as tony stark AKA iron man  she can create the most oddest things. she has no problem working alien technology.  this is her mutant powers she can read technology, she sees it as blue prints in her mind, this allows her to deconstruct items mentally.  as a bonus her mind let her deconstruct items and reconstruct them in to other working items before she builds them.

weaknesses: mental mutant powers. gifts of tech meaning she likes getting toys. gets distracted easy.

Personality:  very intelligent but by no means acts like it. shes very lazy when shes not in the mood. she go a good metabolism so shes pigs out on hot pockets and pizza allot.  shes can be very spacey  when people talk to her. very short attention span.

History (Optional):  nothing much she came here to hone her mutant powers.

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 10:05:26 AM »
Damn, she is adorable.

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2014, 10:20:16 AM »
Approved.  With what you had explained to me she sounds like an amusing character.  Plus, we could use a tech person with the X-Men in the absence of a Beast.

Offline Prince Truhan

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2014, 08:53:07 AM »
Name:  Remy Etienne LeBeau

Alias:  Gambit

Appearance: 

Abilities:  Gambit has the mutant ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an object and transform it into kinetic energy upon touching it. When he throws that object it releases this energy explosively upon impact.
He can throw small objects with extraordinary accuracy. He is also a skilled fencer.

Personality:  Gambit is cocky and extremely sure of himself. He seems selfish but deep inside he cares about others and would sacrifice himself to protect them, he just doesn't want anyone to know that, and will use his extensive skills to never come to that. He will always be a flirt, a trait that no matter the situation he seems unable to turn off, this is more than likely an offshoot of light hearted and fun loving nature.

History: After the disappearance of Xavier, Gambit did too. He wouldn't tell anyone but he tried to find him with no luck. As the school started to disarray his vagabond nature got to him and he had to get out. Upon hearing of the efforts to rebuild it he decided to offer his help, from the sound of things it seemed like any and all kind of help was needed.

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2014, 09:15:49 AM »
Approved.  I'm happy that we have a Gambit again.

Offline Divine Tenacity

• ~*~Glow~*~
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • Like a Honey Badger, I give no F#&ks.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2014, 10:33:24 AM »

Name: Elizabeth “Betsy” Braddock

Alias: Psylocke

Abilities:  Psylocke is a skilled martial artist and a trained pilot. On the mutant side of things, she can generate a telekinetic katana which can stun or kill opponents. She can also direct her telekinesis through her fist to strike as though she has superhuman strength. After resurrection she gains the power to travel through shadows and become virtually invisible in them. After temporarily swapping powers with Jean Grey she learned she can create force fields and move objects with her mind.

Age: 23, 24? She no longer remembers. Dying and losing her memory has that effect.

Personality: Indifferent, bossy and very angry. She can be impatient and a terror when things are not going her way. Psylocke only gives her loyalty and respect to those who earned it, choosing to call very few “friend”. 

History: “Millions of souls were being consumed every second. There was no other way. And you know that. But you made me do it. So you get to stay the good guy.”

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2014, 10:36:36 AM »
Kitty and Psylocke went evil?!  NOOOO!

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2014, 10:48:44 AM »
Approved.  I'll go add her to the character list.

Offline Sasquatch421

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2014, 10:19:24 PM »
Name:  Motoko Ashida

Alias: Ronin

Height: 5' 7"

Weight: 176 lbs.

Appearance:
     In Uniform:

Normal:

Abilities: 
    Techno-Organics: Much of Motoko’s body has been infiltrated and altered by the techno-organic virus, which has taken the form of cybernetics and bionics, meaning she is a cyborg. The infection resides in most of Ronin’s body especially limbs and some internal organs. As a consequence of her telekinetic guidance and her ability to control her own physical substance, Motoko’s entire body has been heavily fortified, down to the cellular level, rendering superhuman strength, as well as a superhuman level of resistance to physical harm. Her entire skeletal structure has been replaced by porous, marrow-filled organic metalloid bone replacements that do not interfere with the creation of erythrocytes (red blood cells).

Cybernetic Eyes: Her eyes permits Motoko to see in low light and in the dark. She can also see in infrared and has her own HUD display to send targeting data.

Cybernetic Restoration: Through a combination of her telekinetic abilities, and her ability to rearrange the atomic structures of her own techno-organic make-up, Motoko is able to repair any damaged components within her body. However, if there is widespread damage, this may not be possible, as she may be unable to muster the energy to affect these repairs. Ronin also must be able to consentrate to repair her cybernetic parts, so the ability is not truly usable in battle situations.

Electrical Absorption: Like her mother Motoko is constantly absorbing electricity from all around her. Though unlike her mother Ronin can't discharge the collected energy in blasts, but it is used to power her techno-organic parts. She can however send unneeded electricity through her arms to add a tazer like quality to her punches.

Telekinesis: Possesses telekinetic abilities enabling her to manipulate matter with the energy of her thoughts. Capable of very fine control over objects, including herself. On larger levels, Motoko can levitate great weights, fly and create forcefields.

Telepathy: A minor power for her Motoko can speak into the minds of others, but is mainly used as illusions to cover up the presence of the techno-organic limbs of her body. If she needs to she can also mind link a small team.

Superhuman Strength, Endurance, and Speed: Due to the techno-organic virus' changes to her body Motoko has gained a degree of superhuman strength and is able to lift around 4 tons without using her telekinesis to fortify her self. Because her limbs no longer produce stress inducing toxins Ronin is able to fight for extended periods of time before becoming exhausted. Her strength is also able to allow her to move faster then a normal person, but since she can use her other gifts to fly this power is hardly used.

Technopathy: Unlike her parents Motoko has her own mutant gift that allows her to connect with most technology. Although this could just be a side effect of the techno-organic virus.

Non Mutant Abilities: Raised in a time where mutants are constantly fighting she has experience using different types of firearms. Motoko is not an expert sharpshooter in any case, but relies to much on her targeting systems. However she did train to be a swordsman with another mutant on her team. She is not a master swordsman, but does practice when she can.

Personality: Motoko has a tendency to be extremely reckless when she fights due to her actively seeking death, although this has subsided somewhat as she has a clear goal in mind. She can be extremely distrustful of those around her since she has been hurt so much during her life. Motoko can also be very self conscious at times due to the changes the techno-organic virus made to her body. Though if one can earn her respect and trust Motoko will lay her life down for them.

Equipment: Motoko came back with only a couple of items... One is a plasma rifle which she plans on using sparingly since there is no ammo in this new time period, unless she can find a mutant or someone else able to duplicate and make ammo. The other is a High Frequency blade, more or less a futuristic katana that she uses. She does have an extra clip for the rifle as well. Any other equipment she aims to procure from the past. She also carries an early picture of her and her parents before they gave her to the orphanage.

History (Optional): Motoko is the daughter of Nate Grey and Noriko Ashida better known as X-Man and Surge. She is from a possible future and has come back in time for some reason that will be revealed in time. At the moment Ronin is neutral to the two groups, because she is not trustfull of the X-men but the Brotherhood is one of the major factors that brings about her future. She was born with weak and hardly usable limbs, and Noriko gave Motoko up to an orphanage in hopes that she would have a better life then what Surge could give. The world was full of hate towards mutants and giant sentinels killed every mutant they found due to a casualty in a battle years before.

This never happened though due to Motoko's genetic defects and she was bullied by the other normal girls while growing up. Unable to participate in any sports or other activities she remained in her own little world and everything changed when she turned 15. There was a dance at the orphanage and for the ultimate insult the other girls in the school set Motoko up with a fairly handsome boy. When the time came for the first slow dance the boy rejected her causing everyone else to laugh and make fun of her more, because the boy had convinced Motoko that he truly liked her. That was when her gifts first emerged and she became a force of destruction finally getting even with those that teased her for so long.

Luckily a man known as Cable came before the Sentinel's could arrive. Knowing Motoko would have to survive in the mutant hating world, he gave her the techno-organic virus in order to strengthen her frail body. He also taught her how to use her powers as well as how to fight. One of the biggest things he did was tell her of the fate of her parents as well as what they were like. Her mother died in a Sentinel attack and her father had not been heard from in quite some time. Years later feeling like the battle would never end Motoko convices Cable to send her back in time to make sure future events would not happen.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Jeremy Irons

Alias: Maul

Appearance:

Height: Variable

Weight: Variable

Abilities:
    Size Manipulation: Maul has the ability to alter his size and weight. His strength, endurance and durability change along with his body...

Superhuman Strength, Endurance, and Durability: The bigger Maul gets the more his strength, endurance, and durability goes up. At minimum he can lift over 50 tons and he has yet to try and find a limit.

Personality: Jeremy loves destruction and the sense of power he has. His physical appearance doesn't bother him due to the fact that no normal person has the balls to stand up to him. He has always had a superiority complex and it has only gotten worse since his powers awakened. Maul feels that being Homo Superior means that normal people have a responsibility to cater to his every whim.

History (Optional): Growing up Jeremy Iron's was one of those kids that seemed to be good at anything he did. During school the teacher's passed him simply because he was their star player. It didn't matter since he did have the intelligence to pass any of his classes, Jeremy simply chose not to do the work.  In high school he was on the fast track to getting any college scholarship he wanted to play football. Then his powers activated and he found a new purpose in life.... Having purple skin and large horns protruding from his back didn't bother him any since he had the strength to force others to cower before him. Naturally he found his way to the Brotherhood and hopes to help them bring the simple Homo Sapiens to their knee's before the rightful rulers of the planet...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:26:48 PM by Sasquatch421 »

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2014, 09:25:56 AM »
Maul is approved for the brotherhood as those are all his canon abilities.

I'm going to pm about Motoko as their are a couple of issues there.