You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 06:41:34 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell (book and upcoming BBC adaptation)  (Read 426 times)

Offline RedEveTopic starter

I only recently discovered that this is being brought to the small screen by the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/jonathan-strange-mr-norrell-bbc-one-casting-release.html

As someone who loved the book, this news makes me very excited indeed. Any other fans of the book on here?
I'm surprised not to have seen a Strange roleplay on here (maybe I missed it?), as the subject matter so lends itself to being adapted into a game.

Offline Avis habilis

Re: Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell (book and upcoming BBC adaptation)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 08:29:09 AM »
Norrellite? Strangeite? Hell, call me a Vinculite.

I'm eager to see how the adaptation turns out. Their choice for Strange looks just right for the part. I am wondering what they're going to do with all the material in the footnotes though. Hard to imagine they're going to break in the middle of a scene & have a flashback to the Raven King or something.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 09:12:51 AM »
Norrellite? Strangeite? Hell, call me a Vinculite.

I'm eager to see how the adaptation turns out. Their choice for Strange looks just right for the part. I am wondering what they're going to do with all the material in the footnotes though. Hard to imagine they're going to break in the middle of a scene & have a flashback to the Raven King or something.
I agree about the footnotes being problematic in terms of transfering them to the screen. Same with the witty tone of the narrator. Both of which were a big part of what made that novel so entertaining.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 08:56:41 AM »
Some good fan art to be found on Deviantart based upon the novel.

Offline elone

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 12:38:49 PM »
Looking forward to this.

I am in the middle of the book now, enjoying it immensely.

Offline PapillonBeryl

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 07:36:24 PM »
I guess this means I should read the book.  It's sitting on my shelf with the rest of the books I plan on getting to.