Game of Thrones: the Mafia Game -- Co-GM wanted!

Started by Remiel, January 08, 2014, 02:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

So awhile back I had the idea to run a Mafia Game based on the Game of Thrones setting over in Valerian's Vault.    If you don't know what a Mafia Game is, think in terms of Werewolves of Miller's Hollow or Murder in the Dark--you probably played a version of it in high school or college.

I laid out most of the groundwork, but then I seem to have run out of steam.  So now I'm looking for a co-GM to help me plan this and discuss ideas with.

Ideally, the co-GM will be familiar with both Mafia Games and the Song of Fire and Ice series--or at least the first book or first season of the HBO show.    The game will take place prior to the events of Game of Thrones; in other words, Jon Arryn is still alive and Ned Stark is still lording it in Winterfell.

The next thing I would like to do would be to create a questionnaire to sort the players into one of the five Houses, similar to the Sorting Hat in Harry Potter.   For example, the questions might range from the simple "Which of the four seasons is your favorite?"  to "A knight takes up arms against a corrupt, oppressive king, and slays him in battle.  Who becomes the rightful ruler?  A: the king's closest living relative of age; B: the king's eldest son, of age or not; C: the knight who slew him."  And so on.

The co-GM will primarily help me with the questionnaire, but also read over the rules and so forth and act as "quality assurance".  What works?  What doesn't?  Do you have an idea that might work better?

If interested, please send me a PM or contact me via IM.