You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 09:12:29 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Beauxbatons Academy of Magic (Potterverse) - Recruiting (FOR MALES & FEMALES!)  (Read 11050 times)

Offline RubySlippers

My character's wand: 14 inches long Acacia wood, Hag Hair core with curved handle and straight rigid shaft and rounded tip.

Offline persephone325Topic starter

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Mab's Sister, separated at birth | Princess Persephone, if you prefer
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Updated to include a section on birth dates and ages so that people making characters know what year they will be.

Offline RubySlippers

Oh my character is 17 not to advanced some areas she can't practice magic the wand blocks it in Transfiguration and others she is passing but not advanced much and is only likely grade level in Charms. Not sure what to do she didn't study magic at a school proper.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:29:32 PM by RubySlippers »

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Mab's Sister, separated at birth | Princess Persephone, if you prefer
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
Oh my character is 17 not to advanced some areas she can't practice magic the wand blocks it in Transfiguration and others she is passing but not advanced much and is only likely grade level in Charms. Not sure what to do she didn't study magic at a school proper.

OK. You can edit all the new information (wand, age, birth date) yourself and resend it to me in a PM. I don't mind doing little edits for minor things, but please make sure you're sending me the finished product of your character.

As for not having much in the way of practicing magic in the past, it doesn't really matter too much because everyone will get the same amount of class time. So I'm not sure why little experience would effect your character. Second years (as your character is) are still learning, so it's not a big deal because she already has a year under her belt.

Now, if she was a sixth or seventh year... That would be a big problem.

Offline Florence

My brain hurts, I dunno what to adjust my age to be...

What would the range be for a first year Aquarius?

Offline RubySlippers

First year even it the school begged her to enter she would have to wait until her Muggle education ,secondary school ending with an employment credential, until she turned 17 was finished.

And the Birth Dates are hurting my brain, she was born in May 24th and is 17.

I don't know the starting date is it 2013? 14?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:15:44 PM by RubySlippers »

Offline Florence

Nevermind on my age, I figured it out on my own. :o

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
Starting date is 2014.

First year even it the school begged her to enter she would have to wait until her Muggle education ,secondary school ending with an employment credential, until she turned 17 was finished.

So... What exactly are you trying to ask?

Offline Florence

Just throwing it out there, but that's totally Sylvy's themesong as far as I'm concerned :3
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:51:27 PM by Finn MacKenna »

Offline RubySlippers

Starting date is 2014.

So... What exactly are you trying to ask?

Not asking due to her Muggle education she could not enter the Academy until seventeen, even if invited at sixteen she would have to put it off it was to important to her to finish her career training program. So would be a first year.

Offline Loves

• Passion is a feeling of great intensity toward a particular person or activity. To love something or someone with a passion means you feel almost a burning drive to be involved. Loves; passionate by nature and by choice, driven to explore my imagination.
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
I would like to add a character, if that's alright

:)

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls

Of course!

Offline Loves

• Passion is a feeling of great intensity toward a particular person or activity. To love something or someone with a passion means you feel almost a burning drive to be involved. Loves; passionate by nature and by choice, driven to explore my imagination.
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls

Offline Caela

Thinking of making a Professor, what age range would you like your teachers to be Persephone?

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
Thinking of making a Professor, what age range would you like your teachers to be Persephone?

I'd say... No younger than 26 or 27. And that's quite young for a teacher anyway. (Not sure how old Neville was when he returned to teach at Hogwarts.) But they can be as old as you'd like.

Offline Senti

• Queen of Mooey Land
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: With the Mushroom People. Along with drinking tea with Loves whilst looking innocent, as well as dancing in the trees with Kendra...oh and digging holes in the garden and cleaning knives...: Goodness i am busy :))
  • View My Rolls
just checking I might have a classically trained dancer and musician?

Would that be appropriate?

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
just checking I might have a classically trained dancer and musician?

Would that be appropriate?

Sure!

Offline Niferbelle

:D

Offline Aiden

After burning through the first 2 seasons of White Collar.

I felt this would be a good face claim.

But I am thinking of going with a professor instead of a student.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:08:02 PM by Aiden »

Offline Loves

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
:D

:-*

Just the one character

-crosses fingers behind her back-

:p

Offline Ember Star

Okay... think you'll still have openings in a couple of weeks.

Also, are 16 year olds first years in this scenario?

Offline Caela

After burning through the first 2 seasons of White Collar.

I felt this would be a good face claim.

But I am thinking of going with a professor instead of a student.

LOVE White Collar! Neal and The Suit (adore Mozzie lol) have great chemistry and play very well off each other. The supporting cast (June and Mozzie in particular) are great fun too. :D

Offline Aiden

Yea, Mozzie is great, but we are getting off topic here.

Bad Caela! *Threatens a spanking*

I'm still brainstorming, Persophene, what subjects do you want to cover? I'm thinking of making my guy here a halfblood- muggle side dealing in wines and vineyards, so he can be the equivalent of the herbology professor or possible potions.

Offline Caela

I'm still brainstorming, Persophene, what subjects do you want to cover? I'm thinking of making my guy here a halfblood- muggle side dealing in wines and vineyards, so he can be the equivalent of the herbology professor or possible potions.

~smirks~ It's been awhile, but I would think that you had written with me enough to know that threatening a spanking is NO WAY to engender better behaviour! lol

~goes back to working on the CS for the Professor she's making~

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
Okay... think you'll still have openings in a couple of weeks.

Also, are 16 year olds first years in this scenario?

Yes to both questions. I don't see this game as "overflowing" or anything. But I could be wrong!

I had meant to get this info up last night, but it got late and I fell asleep. lol

Core Classes:
Astronomy
Charms
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Flying (Use of brooms and/or horses)
Herbology
History of Magic
Potions
Transfiguration

Elective Classes:
Art
Care of Magical Creatures
Choir
Divination
Drama
Music
Writing

(I might add another class or two later that's non canon or something.)

To anyone who has sent me a PM: Sorry if I've taken so long getting back to you. I didn't realize how much interest this would generate, and my inbox got flooded with questions, characters and ideas. So forgive me for the delay! I'll try to get back to you guys at some point today!