You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 02:04:17 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Beauxbatons Academy of Magic (Potterverse) - Recruiting (FOR MALES & FEMALES!)  (Read 11087 times)

Offline Aiden

LOL welcome to my world!

Caela, what subject are you teaching? Are we clashing on what we want to teach?

Offline persephone325Topic starter

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Mab's Sister, separated at birth | Princess Persephone, if you prefer
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
LOL welcome to my world!

lol :P

Niferbelle is also making a teacher. But she didn't mention what subject she might take.

If it turns out that more than one teacher would like to teach the same subject, I wouldn't be opposed to having them teach it together in some kind of dual class type scenario. Maybe each teacher views the subject differently and has different teaching styles?

Though if that makes things too complicated IC, I'll probably just get rid of that idea.

Offline Caela

LOL welcome to my world!

No clashing in the least...I'll be putting forth a possible Transfiguration professor.

Offline PhantomPistoleer

I would like to create a teacher, too. 

He would teach the Arts of Monster Hunting for Pleasure or Sport, and a few related electives.

Offline RubySlippers

I have two classes to add Etiquette and Modeling (fashion, makeup and such) with maybe Professional Studies (wizarding profession practicum) for students past 4th year).

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Mab's Sister, separated at birth | Princess Persephone, if you prefer
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls

He would teach the Arts of Monster Hunting for Pleasure or Sport, and a few related electives.

Not too sure that particular subject would be taught. Beauxbatons is more focused on culture, and how to deal with situations diplomatically instead of throwing hexes or curses at everything. However, that won't mean students won't learn spells like that.

I have two classes to add Etiquette and Modeling (fashion, makeup and such) with maybe Professional Studies (wizarding profession practicum) for students past 4th year).

Uh, this is a magic school. Not a beauty school. I imagine if someone wanted to pursue a career in such fields, they could do so at another institution. I'm not deviating so far from the canon material as to add new classes that really don't have anything to do with the curriculum as a whole...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:46:59 PM by persephone325 »

Offline Aiden

A classroom with my guy, (to be named) results in a nice buzz.

Goo go wine tasting!

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
A classroom with my guy, (to be named) results in a nice buzz.

Goo go wine tasting!

Ah yes. Thank you for reminding me. France's legal drinking age is 18. So first and second years wouldn't be able to take this class. ;)

Offline RubySlippers

You have useless classes in the Arts.  :D

jk

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
You have useless classes in the Arts.  :D

jk

Well in a school more focused on culture, hardly any art class would be useless. And, the arts classes are electives anyway. You're not being forced to take them.

Offline RubySlippers

I was kidding, but clubs will be around good for other subjects.

Offline Niferbelle

lol :P

Niferbelle is also making a teacher. But she didn't mention what subject she might take.

I am thinking about writing up a History of Magic professor who also teaches elective Writing. I haven't really started him/her yet though so I'm flexible if someone else wanted those subjects. Otherwise that's what I'll be writing up that charrie for.

Offline Niferbelle

He could be the magical creatures teacher whose a little more...erm, 'gung ho' then the school would like. Kind of a tension thing that he tends to teach it like he's going to send the kids out on safari ;)

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
He could be the magical creatures teacher whose a little more...erm, 'gung ho' then the school would like. Kind of a tension thing that he tends to teach it like he's going to send the kids out on safari ;)

Oh yes! The Care of Magical Creatures teacher.

Offline Loves

• Passion is a feeling of great intensity toward a particular person or activity. To love something or someone with a passion means you feel almost a burning drive to be involved. Loves; passionate by nature and by choice, driven to explore my imagination.
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
I would like to put a faceclaim in for my character, 

Name: Sandra Kubicka

Offline PhantomPistoleer

Oh yes! The Care of Magical Creatures teacher.

"There are beasts in this world, horrible things that will eat you if you let them.  Felix Le Guerre is here to train you in mastering these creatures, destroying them and, in the event that you have family coming over for supper, quarter them!  Ha ha.  PICK UP YOUR JAVELINS, LADIES!  And welcome, to ::rubs eyes as if he's crying:: CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES.  Boohoohoo."

What do you guys think of my potential teacher?

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:07:00 PM by PhantomPistoleer »

Offline Florence

That mustache is more magical than anything else that could possibly grace this rp.

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
I've updated the school information thread.

Take a look!

Offline Loves

• Passion is a feeling of great intensity toward a particular person or activity. To love something or someone with a passion means you feel almost a burning drive to be involved. Loves; passionate by nature and by choice, driven to explore my imagination.
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
I would like to put a faceclaim in for my character, 

Name: Sandra Kubicka

Can you let me know if this faceclaim is available. Once I know then I can start the Cs

Thank you kindly

Offline Senti

• Queen of Mooey Land
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: With the Mushroom People. Along with drinking tea with Loves whilst looking innocent, as well as dancing in the trees with Kendra...oh and digging holes in the garden and cleaning knives...: Goodness i am busy :))
  • View My Rolls
For pics I am looking at ballet dancers'  I have 4 possible ones so lets see
I may have to ask for advice.

Offline Florence

Just a heads up, I'm currently experiencing a bit of a technical problem. In that my net provider updated their systems, and my router is apparently so old as shit its having issues with it. And its also so old the tech support guy seemed surprised that model still existed. So needless to say the warranty has expired. This is a slow-as-hell computer, but its the only one I could plug directly into the modem to get internet from, but unfortunately this is a shared computer, so depending on how long this takes to sort out, I may have some degree of slowness.

HOPEFULLY this will get sorted out today, but I figured I'd give you guys a heads up just to be on the safe side.

Edit: We may either get a new router today, or wait about a week for a free one to be sent by our provider. It depends on costs and such whatnot.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:00:09 PM by Finn MacKenna »

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls

Can you let me know if this faceclaim is available. Once I know then I can start the Cs

Thank you kindly

As far as I know, yes.

Offline Loves

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
As far as I know, yes.

awesome. do you want the CS posted here or PMed to you?

Offline Aiden

persephone

Are you going to have something similar to the head of houses for the mansions? If so, I would volunteer to be Head or would it be Lord? of Bellefeuille House.

I want him to be the Herbology professor and if possible, Flying as well. He does not like classrooms, so all his teaching is done in the gardens/outside fields. Also he oversees the tending of the stable/gardens (alongside the head janitor/groundskeeper), when it comes to assigning students to the upkeep of the animals/gardens.

He is a "country boy", he is smart to a degree but lives a very chill lifestyle.

Offline RubySlippers

I've updated the school information thread.

Take a look!

Does the school have a medical wing?