You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 10:13:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Pathfinder: The Swamp (Extreme)  (Read 5561 times)

Offline Xerial

Re: Pathfinder: The Swamp (Extreme)
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2014, 07:24:53 AM »
So I'm just spitballing here... but are the Advanced Class Guide Playtest classes available for use? I was thinking Brawler or Investigator.

Offline JadedTopic starter

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2014, 06:23:21 PM »
So I'm just spitballing here... but are the Advanced Class Guide Playtest classes available for use? I was thinking Brawler or Investigator.

Do you mean the Brawler archetype for the Fighter from Ultimate Combat and the Investigator archetype for the Rogue from the Advanced Player's Guide?  If so, those are fine.  If not (if they are full 3rd party classes) they wouldn't be allowed.

Offline Ershin

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2014, 06:42:38 PM »
Aww, just noticed that another Rogue's been added, guess I was too late in getting my Ninja built and a background made for her. Ah well, that's just how things go, I guess.

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2014, 06:45:09 PM »
Do you mean the Brawler archetype for the Fighter from Ultimate Combat and the Investigator archetype for the Rogue from the Advanced Player's Guide?  If so, those are fine.  If not (if they are full 3rd party classes) they wouldn't be allowed.

Nope, neither. The Brawler and Investigator are two new 'hybrid' classes from the Advanced Class Guide, which is not yet published. Brawler is a sort of  Monk-Fighter hybrid, unarmed combat wearing armor and a pool of 'floating' bonus feats with limited-duration use. Investigator is a Rogue-Alchemist blend, who plays a lot like the old 3.5 Factotum (down to and including a Grit-like resource called Inspiration).

Free playtest document Here: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/advancedClassGuide

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2014, 07:20:22 PM »
Aww, just noticed that another Rogue's been added, guess I was too late in getting my Ninja built and a background made for her. Ah well, that's just how things go, I guess.

Ah, sorry.  I wasn't sure if you were still interested, my mistake.  :-(

I'm fine with you still joining if you'd like, though I don't know how much overlap there is between a Ninja and the other Rogues.  Either way, I'm not opposed to having some duplicate abilities. 

Nope, neither. The Brawler and Investigator are two new 'hybrid' classes from the Advanced Class Guide, which is not yet published. Brawler is a sort of  Monk-Fighter hybrid, unarmed combat wearing armor and a pool of 'floating' bonus feats with limited-duration use. Investigator is a Rogue-Alchemist blend, who plays a lot like the old 3.5 Factotum (down to and including a Grit-like resource called Inspiration).

Free playtest document Here: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/advancedClassGuide

Ah, thanks.  If it is from paizo and is free I guess it is alright. 

Offline EroticFantasyAuthor

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2014, 07:23:33 PM »

I'm fine with you still joining if you'd like, though I don't know how much overlap there is between a Ninja and the other Rogues.  Either way, I'm not opposed to having some duplicate abilities. 

Ah, thanks.  If it is from paizo and is free I guess it is alright.

More the merrier I say.  :-)

One of the good things about rogues is that each individual one can be different.

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2014, 08:09:08 PM »
We're level 1, anyways. The differentiation available to us between characters of the same class is almost nonexistent, assuming you're not deliberately building off-type.

Offline GypsyBook

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2014, 08:51:27 PM »
Is there still space for someone in this?

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2014, 01:12:43 AM »
Is there still space for someone in this?

There is still room for one if you'd like to join.  After that it will be full.

Offline Ershin

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2014, 04:54:31 AM »

Nah, Glyphstone is right, at lower levels it's hard to see any differences between two rogue like classes - especially at level one.  It takes a few levels to notice any real difference at all unless the Ninja dives fully into their Poison Use ability (which I wasn't really planning to as I'd been considering taking the Cats Claws alternate racial ability to use natural weapons and I don't think poisoning myself would have been a smart thing to do) as at level one both classes are otherwise defined by Sneak Attack.
It's not really until the Ninja gets its own versions of the Rogue tricks or its ki abilities that it begins to stand out from its parent class.

While I'm still interested... I no longer have any idea what to play, haha.

Online Miroque

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2014, 05:02:44 AM »
Why not have two rogues? or ninjas? I dont see any problem of multiple "same classes" in group. It can be more of an joining thing, that dividing.

Group of rogues, forming an gang.. group of ninjas form clan... without taking anything away, instead adding to the mix. Character personality is the factor that makes the diffrence.

But if you think of addding something new to the mix, some divine caster might do wonders. Oracle for example (if feeling that religion is now your forte). Or pure fighter type. (Iwe been reading the alternative character classes, and Hunter seems pretty intresting)

Offline FragarachZ

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2014, 06:23:39 AM »
Just play whatever you like. Don't worry about the system or the math. It's not a computer game where abilitier overlap too much, we have a GM. Roll whatever you want to play and stuff will take care of itself. :)

Offline Xerial

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2014, 06:28:22 AM »
Just so my brain doesn't hurt: Who do we have so far?

Aslo... another gal to play... this'll be different for me.

Online Miroque

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2014, 06:30:39 AM »
Just play whatever you like. Don't worry about the system or the math. It's not a computer game where abilitier overlap too much, we have a GM. Roll whatever you want to play and stuff will take care of itself. :)

+1!

Offline Xerial

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2014, 07:01:25 AM »
Given the stated need for something more martial minded, I'm thinking an Elven Slayer might do quite nicely. Ranger/Rogue hybrid, focused on tracking targets, and doing nasty things to them with a bow.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »
  I think divine caster/healer is the biggest hole int he party, actually, Xerial. 

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2014, 03:59:19 PM »
A healer cleric would be good.

Offline Strangefate

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2014, 05:35:26 PM »
Hi,

Is this all filled up?  If not what classes are you light on? 

If so, no problem.  Maybe I'll catch it next time around or can fill-in later if someone drops.   :-)

SF

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2014, 09:57:24 PM »
Nah, Glyphstone is right, at lower levels it's hard to see any differences between two rogue like classes - especially at level one.  It takes a few levels to notice any real difference at all unless the Ninja dives fully into their Poison Use ability (which I wasn't really planning to as I'd been considering taking the Cats Claws alternate racial ability to use natural weapons and I don't think poisoning myself would have been a smart thing to do) as at level one both classes are otherwise defined by Sneak Attack.
It's not really until the Ninja gets its own versions of the Rogue tricks or its ki abilities that it begins to stand out from its parent class.

While I'm still interested... I no longer have any idea what to play, haha.

I'm not sure if you don't want to play a Ninja.  A healer type would be good.  But I am fine with you playing a Ninja if you'd like.

Just so my brain doesn't hurt: Who do we have so far?

Aslo... another gal to play... this'll be different for me.

anne sophie - Monk
EroticFantasyAuthor - Sorcerer
Ershin - ?
Faeli - Ranger
FragarachZ - Paladin
GypsyBook - ?
Miroque - Sorcerer
Muse - Magus
PhantomPistoleer - Rogue
RubySlippers - Rogue
TheGlyphstone - Alchemist
Xerial - ?

Hi,

Is this all filled up?  If not what classes are you light on? 

If so, no problem.  Maybe I'll catch it next time around or can fill-in later if someone drops.   :-)

SF

It is full at the moment.  Sorry!  Thanks for your interest.  If someone drops I'll try to let you know.

Offline Xerial

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2014, 03:06:11 PM »
Healer is a role I don't usually take, but I can look into cooking one up.

Also, I know it was preferred, but are all the PCs female?

Offline FragarachZ

« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2014, 03:35:21 PM »
So far we have one male rogue I think, the others are all bold and beautiful women looking for adventure :)

Offline Ershin

« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2014, 03:35:32 PM »
I'm not sure if you don't want to play a Ninja.  A healer type would be good.  But I am fine with you playing a Ninja if you'd like.

Thank you for being so patient with me, but I've recently been accepted into a couple of other games and likely wouldn't have time for this one now - I apologise for taking up your time, and thank you for being so accomodating.

Offline Xerial

« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »
I was thinking a Male Shaman, all 'healing mojo' and whatnot, if acceptable.

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2014, 12:04:38 AM »
Thank you for being so patient with me, but I've recently been accepted into a couple of other games and likely wouldn't have time for this one now - I apologise for taking up your time, and thank you for being so accomodating.

Ah, okay.  Sorry to see you go and good luck with your other games. :-)

I was thinking a Male Shaman, all 'healing mojo' and whatnot, if acceptable.

That's fine. 

Offline Xerial

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2014, 12:37:11 AM »
Working on a sheet. Formatting is proving a pain.