You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 12:03:56 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Are you ready for some football!?!?  (Read 14760 times)

Offline CaityTopic starter

Re: Are you ready for some football!?!?
« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2008, 04:59:55 PM »
I'm sure they felt pathetic too.  :P 

Offline King_Furby

« Reply #301 on: November 23, 2008, 06:10:28 PM »
A good weekend for me.

Chicago won, Patriots won, and titans lost.

Thats right no one can more more games in a row then my patriots. Come on there has to be another pats fan here.

Poor lions.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2008, 06:43:24 PM »
Hey King_Furby - that was why I was torn about the Titans game.  I didn't want them to go undefeated, but did it have to be the JetsSteal our coach, steal our players...

Offline King_Furby

« Reply #303 on: November 23, 2008, 07:29:40 PM »
yea i wish the new york brets were not the team to break the titans streak. Grr it should have been the bears.

i got to go look now at who won the giants and cards game.

Offline MagicalPen

« Reply #304 on: November 23, 2008, 08:04:58 PM »
Giants, but it wasn't pretty. But they were playing without Jacobs and Plex.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! Wish I could have seen that game. My two options weer Tampa vs Detroit or Miami vs Pats.

Offline Bayushi

« Reply #305 on: November 24, 2008, 07:18:31 PM »
It's oddly looking like a Giants and Jets Super Bowl, at this point.

Which would be odd....

Offline Will

« Reply #306 on: November 24, 2008, 07:41:26 PM »
Pshhh.  Favre and Manning are both known to crumple under pressure.  The chances of them both making it through the playoffs?  Slim.

Offline MagicalPen

« Reply #307 on: November 24, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »
Pshhh.  Favre and Manning are both known to crumple under pressure.  The chances of them both making it through the playoffs?  Slim.

ROFL. You can't be serious?

Offline Will

« Reply #308 on: November 24, 2008, 08:10:54 PM »
Very.  How did the Packers leave the playoffs last year?  Favre intercepted.  It's been a long time since he was a hero, man.  Manning did well last year, FOR ONCE.  Before that, nobody ever counted on him.

If you're going to tell me I'm wrong, you could at least tell me why.

Offline Mellonlegolas

« Reply #309 on: November 24, 2008, 08:13:18 PM »

Manning made it to the playoffs last year... and then proceeded to out throw Tom Brady. (who, in my opinion, is one of the best QBs playing right now)... and this year the Giants' O-line has made them the highest scoring team in the league with all of their games except for 1 with scores over 30.

Offline Will

« Reply #310 on: November 24, 2008, 08:22:33 PM »
Manning didn't do well at all last year until the last game of the regular season before he went all Superman.  I'm not buying stock in him just yet.  He beat the Patriots, yes, definitely.  He plays on offense, though, not defense, so he didn't beat Brady.  Umenyiora, Tuck, and Strahan beat Tom Brady.  Brady's own offensive line beat him, too.  This year, Manning's got three, count 'em, THREE top shelf running backs and a crazy good offensive line.  Hell, I could probably hit a slant pass with that supporting cast.  Seriously though, if anyone can screw up a setup like that, it's Eli Manning.  He already had one bad game this year when they lost to the Browns, so there's no reason to think he's golden all of a sudden.

Offline Mellonlegolas

« Reply #311 on: November 24, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »
Manning didn't do well at all last year until the last game of the regular season before he went all Superman.  I'm not buying stock in him just yet.  He beat the Patriots, yes, definitely.  He plays on offense, though, not defense, so he didn't beat Brady.  Umenyiora, Tuck, and Strahan beat Tom Brady.  Brady's own offensive line beat him, too.  This year, Manning's got three, count 'em, THREE top shelf running backs and a crazy good offensive line.  Hell, I could probably hit a slant pass with that supporting cast.  Seriously though, if anyone can screw up a setup like that, it's Eli Manning.  He already had one bad game this year when they lost to the Browns, so there's no reason to think he's golden all of a sudden.

Never said he was golden, I'm reserved on Manning and always have been but I'm also hopeful. I mean he's a young player and when he's got his head in the game, the kid can throw a ball but he's a kind of a shaky player I know. Right now the O-line is killing it with the receivers. Sunday against the Cardinals, Nixon killed me he was running the ball so well and he's still learning. And Bradshaw is sort of my hero, I know he's not the best guy personality wise but he's got great feet.

I will admit that last year Brady's line kind of let him down in the Super Bowl, I've never seen him hit the ground so many times.

Offline Will

« Reply #312 on: November 24, 2008, 08:37:58 PM »
Heh, yeah.  Don't get me wrong, I was rooting HARD for the Giants last year!  I loathe Belichik, and I thought it was really great that the Manning brothers won their rings one after another like that.  Heartwarming stuff, what with Archie never pulling it off.  Plus, I love watching good, nasty defense!

It's a new season, though, and I'm more concerned with my team now! :P

Offline Mellonlegolas

« Reply #313 on: November 24, 2008, 08:41:20 PM »
Heh, yeah.  Don't get me wrong, I was rooting HARD for the Giants last year!  I loathe Belichik, and I thought it was really great that the Manning brothers won their rings one after another like that.  Heartwarming stuff, what with Archie never pulling it off.  Plus, I love watching good, nasty defense!

It's a new season, though, and I'm more concerned with my team now! :P

I've been rooting for the Giants since I was 2 and really knew what football was... and yes I loathe Belichik too. I do like the Patriots, Moss and Brady are an amazing team, but Belichik is a cheater. And I loved it when they zoomed up to the box and show Peyton there cheering his little bro on. It's nice to see someone else who realized what a good game that was. Just because they didn't put the highest scores of the season up... the Giants defensive line was amazing last year.

Who's your team? I know I should look back through the thread but I'm feeling lazy.

Offline Will

« Reply #314 on: November 24, 2008, 08:46:49 PM »
Titans, baby!!!  Rough week, but the AFC's down pretty bad, and I still feel good about clinching home field.  Now if LenDale White can keep his damn mouth shut! >:( *is steaming*

Offline Mellonlegolas

« Reply #315 on: November 24, 2008, 08:51:05 PM »
Titans, baby!!!  Rough week, but the AFC's down pretty bad, and I still feel good about clinching home field.  Now if LenDale White can keep his damn mouth shut! >:( *is steaming*

Titans... normally I like them but I was kinda glad to see them beat just because didn't want to see them undefeated, sorry... though I do sort of hate that the Miami Dolphins are still the only ones with an undefeated season *pats*

P.S. In case you didn't get it, I'm a Giants fan ^.^
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:52:34 PM by Mellonlegolas »

Offline Will

« Reply #316 on: November 24, 2008, 08:54:41 PM »
OMG!  Don't you just hate Mercury Morris?!  "Don't call me when you're in our town, call me when you're on our block!"  *facepalm*

Honestly, I didn't want them to go undefeated either!  I've seen how that ends!  Now it's time to get it together, refocus, move on, and think about what's really important.  You don't get a ring for most regular season wins, you know?

Offline Mellonlegolas

« Reply #317 on: November 24, 2008, 08:58:25 PM »
Almost as much as I hate Dan Murano *laughs*

Yeah, it ends with them getting way too cocky and losing the game that matters the most.

Offline King_Furby

« Reply #318 on: November 24, 2008, 08:59:11 PM »
this saints and packers game is a really good one. Both teams got offense and defenses that match up hard against eachother. Both teams are 5-5 so its a fun game to watch. sadly though even if saints win they are still well behind in their devision.

Alot of exciteing offensive plays.

Offline CaityTopic starter

« Reply #319 on: November 24, 2008, 09:07:28 PM »
I'm watching the game.. It's halftime.  :P

Offline Mellonlegolas

« Reply #320 on: November 24, 2008, 09:24:35 PM »
I'm not watching tonight's game, mainly because I don't love or hate either team... I'll read about it in the paper tomorrow though.

Offline King_Furby

« Reply #321 on: November 24, 2008, 09:51:59 PM »
Rodgers is getting owned by the saints defense right now.

Offline Jay

« Reply #322 on: November 24, 2008, 10:01:46 PM »
Its about time the Saints showed some pass defense.  They have been making me cry all season.  Eating them Packers up tonight though.

Offline King_Furby

« Reply #323 on: November 24, 2008, 10:15:18 PM »

Offline Revolverman

« Reply #324 on: November 24, 2008, 10:19:38 PM »