Looking forward to seeing more characters, just got mine approved by PM so adding her here.
Parents and four older siblings, as well as some extended family.Position:
Military officer of Hiei, Leader of the Ghosts. Rank: Captain.Hair Color:
Pale, tinted redIdentifying Marks:
Horns, Tail, Vestigial Wings, Tattoos, PiercingsHeight:
Mira is a passionate young woman on and off the battlefield. She finds a thrill in both the chaos of a massive battle and the quiet tension before a surgical strike. But while she feels bloodlust on a visceral level, intellectually she values life and never takes it frivolously. She will attempt to minimize casualties on both sides if she can do so without endangering mission objectives. She never deliberately harms civilians, and does her best to instill both courage and discipline in her soldiers. For all her passions, while on-duty she conducts herself professionally, and expects the same of others. Off-duty she does fraternize with her female subordinates a bit, but she rationalizes this as good for morale.
When on leave Mira is an entirely different animal. Drinking, raucous celebrations, and sex are her favorite past times. Mira is only interested in the fairer sex, and is not particularly shy in making that interest known. Her one more reserved hobby is reading, and she has diverse interests—among them military tactics and strategy, history, philosophy, and magic. She is devoted to the Goddess of War, though this is contingent on Shizuru not acting more “evil” than Mira is comfortable with.Background:
Mira is from the village of Ravenhold in Hiei, where she had a fairly unremarkable childhood. She was clever and tomboyish, and got into frequent scuffles with her older brothers and sisters. Mira had an interest in the military from an early age, and volunteered shortly before her sixteenth birthday.
The young demon quickly proved her unnatural aptitude for combat and leadership, and earned a commission as an officer. She received special training in many areas, including the use of magic. By age twenty she had been promoted to the rank of captain, which was mostly a product of merit—though there were a few favors involved, sexual and otherwise. Mira used her authority and some skillful politicking to form an elite, semi-autonomous company she named the “Ghosts.” She trained this unit well in areas such as asymmetric warfare, assassinations, infiltration, and general sabotage.
The Ghosts most important accomplishment to date is their recent capture of Serpent’s Fang, a fortress in Hiei. Shizuru’s general based there, a powerful demon with delusions of grandeur named Targus, made plans to secede and carve out his own little kingdom amidst the chaos of the God King’s death. The Goddess of War got wind of this, and Mira’s Ghosts were sent in to neutralize the threat. Serpent’s Fang was very heavily guarded, but Mira was able to plant a few of her people inside before making her move. The Ghosts penetrated the fortress and eliminated Targus and his inner circle before an alarm could be raised. The garrison surrendered with minimal bloodshed. The following day the word of the fall spread from Serpent’s Fang, and Targus’s remaining high-level collaborators were executed by their own soldiers.Weapon/Magic:
- Demon, Minor: Compared to a human Mira has improved strength and speed. She also has sharp senses, though these are not necessarily related to her demonic heritage.
- Archery: Mira has near peerless skill when it comes to archery. She has a magic bow called “Cold Strike.” At her mental command, the bow can draw from her magical energy for one of two abilities. It can create an arrow from thin air, which exists for a minute before dissolving back into the ether. This is useful if her quiver is empty or she simply does not have time to reach for another arrow. The other ability imbues an arrow with devastating freezing magic—the target is affected as if they were splashed by liquid nitrogen at the wound.
- Stealth and Tactics: Mira also excels with silent movement, hiding, camouflage, and small unit military tactics.
- Telepathic Magic, Minor: At close range, Mira can read surface thoughts by concentrating. She can also exchange brief messages with a willing subject within fifty yards and with a clear line of sight. She can also defend herself well from telepathic attacks.
- Healing Magic, Minor: Mira can increase the natural rate of healing, reduce fatigue, and stabilize someone with a potentially fatal but not catastrophic injury.
- Other: There are a number of other skills Mira is highly competent at, such as swordsmanship, horseback riding, wilderness survival, non-magical first aid, and the operation of siege weaponry.Ons:
Beautiful women, the thrill of battle, good food and drink, and stimulating conversation.Offs:
Brutality, stupidity, and disloyalty.