You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 02:01:13 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Ruminations of a Story Bird  (Read 459 times)

Offline BumblebirdTopic starter

Ruminations of a Story Bird
« on: December 24, 2013, 04:45:40 PM »
Let's write a story together, but before we get started, here's a little bit about me and what I'm seeking.

Personally...
I love language. I love writing. I write from a 3rd person perspective. You'll rarely see me post anything less than 3 paragraphs. I put a lot of thought and effort into my posts which means you'll see one from me every week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It all depends on how exciting real life is at the time and lately it's been pretty exciting, which means I'm on a one-post-per-week kick. This may turn quite a few potential partners away, but I must warn you that I usually run at a 85%/15% plot-to-smut ratio. I don't like sex to be the focus of the story and believe in developing chemistry between characters before diving into the steamy stuff. Unless we're talking non-con, in which case I'm a bit more flexible on the chemistry aspect.

My characters...
Are fighters through and through. Every one of them. The shoot-first-ask-questions-later type. They aren't naive, brainless bimbos ( never will be) and they aren't easily manipulated. These women can be fierce, passionate, dangerous, quirky, sarcastic, unpredictable, sweet, cold, ruthless, cunning and persuasive. I like to think that they're quite well-rounded and for this reason you will not see them act in ways that contradict their personalities or their core values. All of my characters are in excellent physical condition with athletic builds and proportionate, if not humble breast sizes. I have humans (assassin, retired assassin, biochemical engineer, paranormal investigator posing as a University student), a necromancer, a red-winged Archillon (similar to an angel), a half-demon who doesn't know she's a half-demon, a vampire, an alchemist, a couple of superheroines...just to list a few.

Preferred Settings...
Modern, alternate reality, slightly futuristic, post-apocalyptic, dystopian...all with a supernatural flare or pinch of fantasy. Not interested in anything older than the 1990's (except for general referencing) and just trust me when I tell you that you don't want to see me try Sci-fi. It's just plain embarrassing.

Don't be shy. You can approach me with a concept, situation or even just a character in mind and we can brainstorm from there. PM me. Please do not post a reply in this thread.

Meet Katherine Vega...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

This is just one of my characters. She's really good at killing things. Unfortunately offing the city's supernatural scum doesn't pay the bills, so she works part-time as a barista in Brooklyn, NY. I want to use her in a quirky, complicated, action-packed, violent, drama-filled vampire story, NOT A FAIRY TALE. Once again, focusing on plot rather than smut. If you think you can help me out and want to hash out some of the finer details, please, PM me.

This is Sasha Torres...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I'd like to use her in a story that explores the relationship between two skilled, modern-day vampire hunters, which eventually blossoms into a dangerous, passionate romance. In their world you aren't bred a hunter, you are born one, and ignoring that call simply isn't an option if you want to survive. I have quite a few ideas as to how we could start things off:

1. The two of them, strangers at this point, could cross paths on a hunt one night, relying on each other to survive the ordeal when the situation becomes turbulent.

2. They are introduced through friends, and the group of them hit the town on one of their rare evenings off from slaying the undead.

3. Rescue mission. Sasha - daughter to one of the continent's most powerful and influential vampire hunters - goes missing. Nobody has heard anything about her for a month, but they finally catch a break. Only, when they find her, her memory has been practically wiped clean, and she has no recollection of her previous life. The man who finds her takes the time to try to help her get back on her feet and remember her past. Why is he so determined to get her back to her old self? Because before she'd been taken away they'd been romantically involved, and he's not willing to give up on her.

4. By all means, pitch me anything else that comes to mind.

***General craving: Something with a supernatural flare, something dangerous, raw and violent***

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:48:56 PM by Bumblebird »

Re: Ruminations of a Story Bird
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 01:51:16 AM »
Edited thread on Feb. 1st, 2014. Introduced Katherine Vega.

Re: Ruminations of a Story Bird
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »
Bump. Edited/added new character/ideas - Introduced Sasha Torres