Post-apocalyptic fantasy game (Threads open!)

Started by Galactic Druid, December 07, 2013, 04:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chtozahuinya

Sorry to see ya go, Rainbow. I think we have the character sheets we need. Maybe we could change the header to reflect whether we should recruit. Can I do anything to help get us started?
If you subscribe to a school of thought you no longer think for yourself. Don't choose sides, choose causes.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on December 26, 2013, 06:07:31 PM
Going to have to withdraw my interest I'm afraid! Can't take this on at the moment but I hope you all have a great time! (:

- Rainbow

Sorry to see you go as well, Rainbow. RL always comes first though, thanks for letting us know, and if you ever find you have more time and a renewed interest, let us know, and we might be able to sneak you in as a late joiner!

Quote from: Chtozahuinya on December 27, 2013, 07:03:21 PM
Sorry to see ya go, Rainbow. I think we have the character sheets we need. Maybe we could change the header to reflect whether we should recruit. Can I do anything to help get us started?

That's a good idea, I'll fix that right now. I'm sorry to keep you all waiting, holiday weeks are exhausting in my industry. I'm really hoping that after a little sleep I can get caught up and posts and kick things off this weekend. I'm really sorry to keep you all waiting.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

Quick question: where should we put this game? Unless anyone objects, Light Small Groups (light exotics, in case we have any non-human NPCs?) works fine for me!

Kimera

Are humans the only race we can go for, or are other races allowed?

Galactic Druid

Chtozahuinya

Yeah, exotic light or whatever sounds great. Link it when ya get it. Looking forward to buildin' a great story with ya'll. I can see everyone has some great stuff at the table in both writing ability and character creation. Plots waiting to unfold. Woot. Woot.
If you subscribe to a school of thought you no longer think for yourself. Don't choose sides, choose causes.

Aadreal

Best of luck Rainbow, thanks for letting us know.

Yay!  Excited to finally get this close to getting moving.  Light Exotic works for me.

For my intro post I was planning on having my character in one of the cities just barely in the Waste, getting ready to join a group of Wastelanders about to head in. If anyone wants to write in their character being a part of that group, let me know and I'll make sure I don't get too carried away.

yesiroleplay

Name: Miri
Hair: Long straight auburn tresses, once coiffed or styled in various manner and adorned with jewels and combs
Eyes: Light hazel brown
Build: Soft and yielding and curvaceous bordering into voluptuous.  Under the curves and the padding is the toned musculature of a skilled dancer.
Height: 5'7"

Appearance/Attire:  Miri has the dusky olive skin typical of her people, and her usual attire reveals liberal expanses of that flawless complexion.  Until recently she rarely experienced direct sun, as it ages the skin and mars the setting of her consort's prize jewels.

Character History: Lands far, far to the west of the central scar border a tempestuous sea constantly battling itself against stark cliffs or washing upon wide beaches.  The people here are traders, merchant ships and caravans set forth from a string of city-states allied by culture and split by feud, commercial rivalry, and tradition.  Shair strove against Malih each against Tajr to build wealth and accumulate power.  And the most impressive display of wealth was a grand palace.  A palace complete with gardens and fountains and languid pools, and of course a properly stocked harem.

Miri lived most of her life in such a harem.  Born of destitute parents struggling to survive in an over-taxed and under-watered village, the Tajr’s men noticed her grace and potential for real beauty at a young age, and took her along with the tithe of olives and dates and rice as partial payment of the village’s heavy tax debt.  Her parents were happy to see her go.  They had one less mouth to feed, and the girl would most likely see a better life than they could provide.

It would be years before Miri grew into her role as concubine.  Years of relentless lessons and training and instruction for her duties.  She learned all the skills needed of a harem girl – how to serve and how to smile, how to walk and how to dance, how to talk and when not to talk, how to prepare potions and poisons and select a proper relaxant or stimulant for her master’s increased pleasure.  And of course, she learned much about sex, though only through instruction without practice.

When she was of age, she finally met the Tajr, and put that instruction into practice.  She became one of the man’s favorites, and when one summer he took a grand excursion to hunt tiger and even wilder beasts, he brought along all the comforts of home, including a handful of his favorite concubines and their eunuch guardians.

Travelling far to the north, hunting game none of his rivals could hope to match, the Tajr met his end not under tooth and claw of some savage beast, but in ambush by tribesmen near the fringe of the Wooded Veil.

The Tajr, his mamelukes and his servants and his riches came captive to these primitives, and most were slain or destroyed.  But a few were spared.  Those that did not fight, or that had some value were allowed to live.  Miri found that life as a savage’s slave wasn’t so different from life in the harem.  True, there were no jewels, and there was no silk.  But the duties were quite similar and the politics among tribal women were very much the same as those within the harem.

But a tribal village didn’t have the stability of a rich palace.  Such tribes had enemies and allies, and constantly raided or traded with others.  And the girl changed masters often, sometimes via commerce, but more often through violence.

Abilities: Miri has extensive alchemical knowledge, and given time and ingredients can manufacture or prepare a surprising assortment of potions, elixirs, remedies, and more exotic concoctions.   She is also a trained and gifted dancer, something of a diplomat, a polyglot, and of course quite sexually proficient.  She also heals very fast, nearly to the level of regeneration.  Whether this ability comes from alchemical infusion, training, natural ability, some combination of the above, or from something else entirely remains a mystery.

Allies: Whoever she’s with at the time.  She’s very flexible.

Enemies: The enemies of those she’s with aren’t really her enemies, she tries to stay out of such squabbles.

Galactic Druid

I'll be honest with you guys; I'm terrible at naming things. After about 15 minutes of staring at my screen trying to think of a less generic-sounding title than 'The Scorched Lands', I finally just gave up and used it. I am completely open to more compelling sounding titles, if anyone wants to bounce a suggestion off me. Anyway, OOC thread is made, I'll link to both as soon as I'm done with my intro. Still deciding if I want to open it slowly or practice my action scene writing a little...

Galactic Druid

Whew, that took a while. I hope you guys enjoy it, I had to do a little bit of muse-wrestling this time, the weekends left me a bit exhausted. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of you do as well!

Without further delay, here we are: The OOC thread, and The game thread! (I'm still open to suggestion for a better name, on that note.)