The Green Dragon Inn "I do not quite mean to be so dismissive about the history of the place. It's been around forever. I personally inherited it from a Samurai, who inherited it from a Witch, who inherited from an anthropomorphic rabbit who inherited it from a man of great mystery. I haven't an idea of who had before him. All of that was long ago."
- Korram, the Proprietor
The Green Dragon Inn is an independent fiefdom that is allied to many nations. It acts as a lodge for all licensed adventurers of the War Tower, and is a critical distribution and supply point for artifacts. Many individuals come to the Green Dragon, including adventurers, tourists and antiquarians looking for new wares. The Green Dragon Inn has a magical connection to the War Tower, and attempts to seize control of both has proven fruitless in the past.
The War Tower is a regenerating, infinite dungeon. Entry into the dungeon is permitted only with the Seal of the Proprietor. Only the Proprietor can issue a Seal, or license. The dungeons are randomly generated, and no dungeon can be revisited. Those who perish can only be retrieved by the Proprietor. The War Tower also has a number of magically interconnected item caches to help adventurers along. Individuals inside of the tower can also teleport to the Green Dragon Inn through the caches.
Random dungeons are generated using the following random dungeon generator: http://donjon.bin.sh/d20/dungeon/The Proprietor:
The Proprietor is the individual chosen by the Goddess of Luck through a ceremony called 'the Gamble.' The Proprietor can sense individuals within the Tower, but is forbidden to aid them should they be killed. The Proprietor has a number of additional duties.Magic in the Green Dragon Inn:
Spellcasters typically have trouble casting any spell higher than 2nd level within the confines of the Green Dragon Inn compound.The Tap Room:
The Tap Room is the main drinking hall at the Green Dragon Inn compound. There is a gambling hall upstairs and a brothel/sex dungeon downstairs. Though the Proprietor frequents the Tap Room, he does not hold an ownership stake in either of the three ventures. Nobility often sits at the gambling tables, playing for some of the largest sums in the world. I would like for someone else to run the brothel.The Inn:
Licensed adventurers are often given a clean bed, an oak desk, candles, a chest and three square meals a day.The Warehouse:
The Green Dragon Inn takes a 5% cut of all treasure discovered in the War Tower, often in the form of weapons and equipment. The Inn also acts as a pawn broker, and purchases items for the convenience of all licensed adventurers. These items are often locked up in the Warehouse. The Inn is part of a distribution network that includes some of Khorvaire's biggest houses, so supply carriages are a very common sight.The Chapel:
The Chapel is a non-denominational church used by a variety of ministries. Services are generally held by a vast number of faiths. Rival faiths are never scheduled on the same day, and Holy Days between rival faiths alternate from week to week, month to month or year to year. Members of faiths that require ritual sacrifice are asked to please kidnap their victims from another city. Members of faiths that celebrate their faiths with sexual orgies are a) asked to please contact/invite the proprietor and b) please to cast a variety of privacy spells. All members of all faiths are asked to please hire cleaning companies approved by the proprietor after their service has been completed.Other:
Though the Green Dragon Inn at Belleron imports a lot of supplies, it employs a number of individuals to raise crops and tend livestock.Services:
The Green Dragon Inn has the following services, provided by the following Dragonmarked Houses:
- House Cannith: House Cannith's Tinkers Guild and Fabricators Guild both are represented by a single agent at the Green Dragon Inn. He conducts business and schedules services, which can take two days to two months to complete, depending on the nature of the work. The Tinkers Guild specializes in the maintenance of vehicles and structures, while the Fabricators Guild is composed of a dozen specialties, including alchemists, armorers, architects, etc.
- House Deneith: House Deneith's Defenders Guild is the only Deneithian guild permitted in Belleron. The Defenders Guild deals with personal security, but when not employed, these men and women will often serve as sparring partners. They are highly skilled and very capable.
- House Ghallanda: House Ghallanda is not represented at the Green Dragon Inn.
- House Jorasco: House Jorasco's Healers Guild have a very successful grip at Belleron. They operate out of an underground sanctuary.
- House Kundarak: House Kundarak always has a banking, credit and insurance agent at the Tap Room.
- House Lyrandar: House Lyrandar' doesn't operate out of the Green Dragon Inn, but it's not uncommon for individual adventurers to charter a House Lyrandar flying ship.
- House Medani: House Medani isn't represented at the Green Dragon Inn.
- House Orien: House Orien's Courier's Guild and Transportation Guild are a frequent sight at the Green Dragon Inn. There is always an agent on call, and the House has an establishment just outside of Belleron's city walls that has a number of carriages for hire. Tickets can also be purchased for the Lightning Rail, though the closest station is three days away.
- House Phiarlan: House Phiarlan often stages circuses, contests, fairs and games. Phiarlan is always sending performers, aerialists and bards to entertain the adventurers.
- House Sivis: House Sivis has a post office/communication station that is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day.
- House Tharashk: House Tharashk Finders Guild doesn't actually operate out of the Green Dragon Inn, but an agent is always present. Tharashk is always looking for people who can find things, though.
- House Thuranni: House Thuranni is explicitly banned from conducting its activities of espionage, sabotage and assassination inside of the War Tower. Inside Belleron, House Thuranni must conduct its business with the express consent of the Proprietor. Regularly, however, House Thuranni conducts its business just outside of Belleron.
- House Vadalis: House Vadalis isn't represented at the Green Dragon Inn, but there are a number of stable hands present.