You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 09:58:03 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Saving Drafts?  (Read 655 times)

Offline immabananaTopic starter

• Purveyor of Badassery | Cap'n Nana | Gentlewoman in Disguise | The Semi-Sober Sinner
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • ☣I like girls with guns, and guys with aprons☣
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Saving Drafts?
« on: December 04, 2013, 11:36:24 AM »
Hello lovelies!

I was just wondering if there is a way to save drafts of your writing in case you get right into the middle of a post and have to leave it for whatever reason, or if something like this is planned or has-been and taken out?

I know that saving whatever you have typed up to your choice of documents program works just fine, but having them saved right onto the site and in cyber space would be a great and much loved convenience.

And if this isn't possible, what's a program of choice you would recommend? I absolutely detest Word and actually prefer the simplicity of Notepad, but let's face it, it's not the greatest tool in the box.

Offline Avis habilis

Re: Saving Drafts?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »
I write everything on Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/), then copy & paste it to post when it's ready.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 11:45:31 AM »
The only thing I have to do with Notepad is remember to type in my text-coding as I go.  I've actually gotten to the point where I don't use the little clicky-buttons for anything but the {size} command - if I don't, I forget that tiny text is {size=6pt} and not {size=6}.

Offline Saffron

• ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 11:47:53 AM »
For those 'oops' cases, Lazarus form recovery is a great add-on/extension that saves your writing. Just google it for whichever browser you use.

I always just PM'd myself when I had to walk away in the middle of a post.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 01:25:16 PM »
I write everything on Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/), then copy & paste it to post when it's ready.
For those 'oops' cases, Lazarus form recovery is a great add-on/extension that saves your writing. Just google it for whichever browser you use.

I always just PM'd myself when I had to walk away in the middle of a post.

I do this. :-) The combination (though Google Drive just rocks, hands down) seems to work really well.

Offline jouzinka

• Elf Guardian of the Blind Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken. Law, Hr nn, dollen i Rw
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • The E mantra: Sip, swallow, scroll, sip, swallow..
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 06:20:29 PM »
I know that storing things on the site would be awesome and it has been suggested for the new CMS that is being worked on.

Until then, the mentioned methods are probably the best.

I use Dropbox, so I have documents there of my RPs. Type on there on my tablet or computer, any saved changes get automatically synched.

Offline Castiel

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 06:29:38 PM »
I personally use Evernote. You can download the app on any mobile device or tablet. There is even a desktop app AND you can access from their website too. It syncs everything under a username and you can har notebooks to keep your posts organized and stuff too.

Offline Elina

• How am I supposed to breathe? I try to relax. I touch your still frame, so I can watch you closer and study the ways I believe I belong to you.
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • I'm drinking what used to be sin.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 08:16:45 PM »
That add on that Saffy mentioned is amazingly helpful if you're like me and prefer to write your posts on here rather than a word processing program.

Offline immabananaTopic starter

• Purveyor of Badassery | Cap'n Nana | Gentlewoman in Disguise | The Semi-Sober Sinner
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • ☣I like girls with guns, and guys with aprons☣
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 09:54:47 PM »
The only thing I have to do with Notepad is remember to type in my text-coding as I go.  I've actually gotten to the point where I don't use the little clicky-buttons for anything but the {size} command - if I don't, I forget that tiny text is {size=6pt} and not {size=6}.

I also hardly ever use the clicky buttons. When I get into writing mode it seems as if coding just kind of appears!

I know that storing things on the site would be awesome and it has been suggested for the new CMS that is being worked on.

Until then, the mentioned methods are probably the best.

I use Dropbox, so I have documents there of my RPs. Type on there on my tablet or computer, any saved changes get automatically synched.

Oooooo. It makes me happy to know that it might be added.

I think I too will attempt to use a combination of Lazarus and Google Drive.
I've used google drive before and it was never all that complicated. I'm a wee bit simple sometimes.
I don't have much use for syncing with my phone since I hardly ever use it.

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions!