You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 05:44:17 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Anyone up for a Plot Oriented Walking Dead RP? (OC's only please)  (Read 679 times)

Offline ChiarraTopic starter

Re: Anyone up for a Plot Oriented Walking Dead RP? (OC's only please)
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »
Great ^_^.

Offline Kuje

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 04:56:43 PM »
Cool, thanks. Any problems?

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 05:08:28 PM »
Nope none ^_^.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 09:06:31 AM »
I'm sorry it took so long.

Here is the link.

http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191274.0

Hey guys.  With your approval, I would like to inset a concept for another zombie post-apoc RP I played; the “stuff” system.  Basically, this is to prevent the game being bogged down in the endless list of detailed items that survivors pick up.

Basically, there are three things survivors search; food units (one unit of food equals one full meal, including water/ liquid), weapons (that will be listed individually), and “stuff”.  Stuff is everything else; keeping a list for every single possible item carried would create a terribly long micro-management system.  With this concept, stuff is measured in units.  These units have two uses; one unit produces a permanent item to be added to the character’s bio list, or an effect.

For example, Mr. X found a unit of stuff.  He was looking for a flashlight.  So, that unit of stuff is a flashlight.  That’s it.  If he was just gathering stuff for later use, then he’d keep that unit of “stuff”.  If Mr. X comes across a vehicle that is only slightly damaged, he could try to repair it with the stuff he has.  Since it just needed one unit of stuff, Mr. X now has a jury-rigged car that he can drive around with.

If you guys like it, I'll keep track of the gang's food/stuff supplies, as well as a list of any weapons they pick up and haven't chosen to keep on one specific character yet.  It'll just be simpler then slogging through each post wondering where the hell they left that crowbar at.  :)

Offline PhantomPistoleer

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »

Here is the link.

Hey guys.  With your approval, I would like to inset a concept for another zombie post-apoc RP I played; the “stuff” system.  Basically, this is to prevent the game being bogged down in the endless list of detailed items that survivors pick up.

Basically, there are three things survivors search; food units (one unit of food equals one full meal, including water/ liquid), weapons (that will be listed individually), and “stuff”.  Stuff is everything else; keeping a list for every single possible item carried would create a terribly long micro-management system.  With this concept, stuff is measured in units.  These units have two uses; one unit produces a permanent item to be added to the character’s bio list, or an effect.

For example, Mr. X found a unit of stuff.  He was looking for a flashlight.  So, that unit of stuff is a flashlight.  That’s it.  If he was just gathering stuff for later use, then he’d keep that unit of “stuff”.  If Mr. X comes across a vehicle that is only slightly damaged, he could try to repair it with the stuff he has.  Since it just needed one unit of stuff, Mr. X now has a jury-rigged car that he can drive around with.

If you guys like it, I'll keep track of the gang's food/stuff supplies, as well as a list of any weapons they pick up and haven't chosen to keep on one specific character yet.  It'll just be simpler then slogging through each post wondering where the hell they left that crowbar at.  :)

That sounds more complicated than it needs to be.  I'm withdrawing interest.

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 12:14:28 PM »
I'm sorry you are dropping out Phantom

Offline scribus1000

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 01:35:48 PM »

Here is the link.

I'm not opposed to this system, though it seems a bit...difficult, to read out and understand...

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 01:38:26 PM »
I agree with Scribus, and though I had already posted this in the ooc thread, I'm game for it.  Though I will add to it, while I'm perfectly fine with the food and weapon part, the actual stuff unit part is a bit confusing.

Offline scribus1000

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 02:03:32 PM »
Yeah, the only thing I'm looking at is the stuff.

Offline Giantmutantcrab

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 02:18:39 PM »
Ok, well...

Stuff is "everything that is not food, or weapons".  Like a chain, a computer chip, batteries, socks, first aid kit, thread, a piece of leather, etc.

Say you have one unit of stuff.  And you're really looking for a first aid kit.  Well, scratch that unit, and you have a first aid kit.

If you want to barricade a door, you use one unit of stuff (and not needing to list out the planks, nails, hammers, screws, screwdriver, battery for the screwdriver, the correct bit, etc).  It just simplifies the listing of items the group will pick up as the game goes along.

Instead of stating in detail every single item that is gathered, it's just...  units of stuff.

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 02:24:00 PM »
That does make it simpler.  But can we please keep all talk about the game in the ooc thread I had made, please ^_^.  I really want this one to just be for signups.