You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 05:55:11 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Instead of a post count...  (Read 5369 times)

Online MagicalPen

Re: Instead of a post count...
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2008, 03:09:34 PM »
[Insert Picture of Man beating a Dead Horse]

Offline Paradox

« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2008, 03:10:45 PM »

Edit: That may be a camel, so to be on the safe side-

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 03:12:01 PM by Paradox »

Offline Vandren

« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2008, 03:12:59 PM »
That's why Moon and I'll be there.  :)  Really it's just typing, the only potentially rough things to learn are tagging (categories) and inter-page links.  Maybe headings and inserting images.  Once we've got the organizational structure in place to help people find things, I think it'll be a good resource for storing character profiles and general game info (settings, images, etc.) as well as personal profiles that go beyond the O/o sheet (if people so desire).

Offline Xillen

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2008, 11:57:11 AM »
To be very honest, I find it easier to find these things in someone's O/O page, than having to look for a seperate Wiki. The wikis IMHO are more useful to store personal info, which I perhaps should make use of for stuff like game details on games I'm GMing.

Does Elluiki support private pages that only you can see yourself?

Offline Vandren

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »
To be very honest, I find it easier to find these things in someone's O/O page, than having to look for a seperate Wiki. The wikis IMHO are more useful to store personal info, which I perhaps should make use of for stuff like game details on games I'm GMing.

Which is more or less exactly what I said, though I added mention of space for GMs/Mods to store game info for their players.  :)

Does Elluiki support private pages that only you can see yourself?

I don't believe so.  But, Vek says he wants to create public and private sections of the wiki (one part visible to anyone, one part visible only to Elliquiy members).  I'm not sure how that's going so far.

Offline Xillen

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2008, 05:49:02 PM »
Only visible to Elliquiy members ain't really cutting it, since the players are members too.

Guess the wiki's not what I'm looking for, sorry...

Offline Moondazed

• Hmm... plot or pleasure? Perhaps a bit of both...
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • I'm a switch, name your pleasure...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2008, 06:26:30 PM »
I believe there's been talk of a ScratchPad like feature at some point in the future.  I'm not sure if the upgraded wiki will allow pages only viewable by the author or not.  That kind of goes against what wikis were originally created to do :)