You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 06:22:48 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na... #SFBatkid  (Read 274 times)

Offline EbbTopic starter

Na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na... #SFBatkid
« on: November 15, 2013, 03:03:02 PM »
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/live (video)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-make-a-wish-foundation

Or follow #SFBatkid on Twitter

Basically one of the best things I've seen on the Internet in about forever. It's going on now in San Francisco. The Make-a-Wish foundation has set up a full day adventure for a 5 year old kid with leukemia, where he's teaming up with Batman to defeat The Riddler (that was before lunch) and The Penguin on the streets of San Francisco. There are tens of thousands of people watching this kid do his stuff.

Offline Caeli

Re: Na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na... #SFBatkid
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 12:07:38 PM »
I saw this explode on my Facebook feed yesterday. It's seriously the most adorable thing ever.

Offline Toral Stimins

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 12:14:03 PM »
Apparently some woman on Twitter questioned who should pay for it all. So not the kid's things, but the police, fire department and those things. It was mentioned in one of the threads on the other side of the curtain.

Made the Dutch news as well.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 01:41:24 PM »
I was trying not to be a downer, but I had similar thoughts. Not so much about paying for it all - I wouldn't be completely surprised if the cops and so on volunteered time for something like that - but the hassle it must have caused in the city. It wasn't even a weekend. People had to go to/from work and they had all this completely blocking off streets and no doubt causing excess traffic throughout any part of the city the event passed through? Yeah, I'm sure they thought that was adorable.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 01:46:12 PM »
Back when I lived in the DC area, any time there was a big event downtown (parades, protest marches - big stuff like that), there were announcements and routes posted in the papers so that people could make adjustments to their daily commute.  I'd be surprised if something of this scale didn't have a similar plan in place, seeing as how you have to file for permits to get the streets blocked well in advance.

Offline Toral Stimins

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »
Back when I lived in the DC area, any time there was a big event downtown (parades, protest marches - big stuff like that), there were announcements and routes posted in the papers so that people could make adjustments to their daily commute.  I'd be surprised if something of this scale didn't have a similar plan in place, seeing as how you have to file for permits to get the streets blocked well in advance.

I live in a small town (to US measurements) in England and we've got the fair in town since Wednesday. They put up notices all around town 3 weeks ago. All businesses were warned, in a personal letter.

I'd be extremely surprised if there's anyone in BatKid's place who didn't know about that. I mean, really?

Offline Shjade

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 07:40:51 PM »
You're probably right.

Offline Florence

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 08:37:13 PM »
Oh god, the feels.