You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:51:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Portraits  (Read 1809 times)

Offline ZakharraTopic starter

Portraits
« on: May 01, 2005, 12:18:11 AM »
 How do you use portraits that are not on these forums? I would like to use one, but I do not know enough about computers to be able to figure it out easily.

Offline The Overlord

Re: Portraits
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 01:06:24 AM »
Do exactly as I did; go to your profile and chose to upload a file to the boards.

In my case, I wanted to retain my RPOL portrait (being as itís my custom submitted to RPOL in the first place). :P

If you want to do the same, save the portrait to your documents and then upload here. Easy. ;D

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 02:50:49 PM »
Do exactly as I did; go to your profile and chose to upload a file to the boards.

In my case, I wanted to retain my RPOL portrait (being as itís my custom submitted to RPOL in the first place). :P

If you want to do the same, save the portrait to your documents and then upload here. Easy. ;D

Uuumm..I don't know how to do that.  *blushes*

Offline Lilac

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 03:05:53 PM »
Is it on your computer or the web?

Offline The Overlord

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 05:24:11 PM »

Uuumm..I don't know how to do that.† *blushes*

Just pull up the character portrait you were using on RPOL. Then right-click your mouse and select Save As. Try this on my portrait right now to see how it works. Iím not sure about Macs or other platforms, but if youíre on PC then by default it should save the picture in your Documents folder or My Pictures (a subfolder of My Documents). Remember which folder you saved it to!

Then go to edit your profile here. When you get to your profile section, click Forum Profile Information. Click the option- I will upload my own picture. Then hit browse to pull up your picture. Then hit Change Profile at the bottom to upload your image.

If youíre having a struggle getting this, then Iíll assume you donít have portraits stored on the web anywhere. If you did, then you should click I have my own pic to link to them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 05:25:13 PM by Kiri the slave girl »

Offline Akioth

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 05:34:22 PM »
Yup Yup ^^ Easy Easy Easy :Glances to lilacs Pictures: MOVE YOUR HANDS >.< :Grunts in Dragonspeak:

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 11:45:53 PM »
 I never had a portrait for myself in RPol, just my PCs. I also don't have any of them on my comp.

Online Thorne

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 11:53:11 PM »
I don't think you /can/ have a portrait for yourself in RPoL.

I linked mine, and if you've your own webspace, sometimes that's the easiest way to do it ....

Offline Hunter

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »
I'm not sure I want a portrait of myself on rpol.   :-[
There should be an option to upload from your computer and likely also from the internet somewhere.  I think the others haven given good directions already.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 12:02:57 AM »
 I have a picture that I use for a portrait at other sites, but I have always used the RPol's piccies for that one.  I am not computer savvy.

Offline Hunter

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 12:05:08 AM »
Most people aren't, I'm finding out.  Feel free to pm if you have any questions.  There's a few computer *cough*nerds*cough* experts, possibly including myself, that hang out here if you have questions.

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 12:18:35 AM »
 I would like to use it. It is a picture of a nuce looking drow female, but I have no idea where the picture is.

Offline Hunter

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 12:22:56 AM »
If you click on the profile button (top middle) and then click on the forum profile information option of the side menu, you find that there's a personal picture (or something similar).  You can simply scroll through until you find the one you want and select it.

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2005, 12:39:36 AM »
  No no.. I meant being able to find where I have the picture I would  like to use for these forums. I suppose this one here will work until I can get it found.

Offline Hunter

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2005, 12:45:40 AM »
You can always use either the search function on your computer or the search engine in your internet browser to find it.  I can direct you once I know where it is.   :)