Welcome! All I have here is this one idea that I'm craving. If it sparks your interest check out my O&O's to learn a bit more about me and ensure compatibility before sending me a PM. Please don't post your interest in this thread.
My Monarch, Right or Wrong
M/M. Monarch/Personification of the Nation. Political. Light or Bon or NC.
The king has died. He is considered the greatest king to have ever ruled. He was a true leader. He was a warrior, a teacher, a diplomat, and an artist. Most believe his like will never be seen again. He was beloved by his people, but none loved him as much as his nation. And his nation literally loved him, for his nation is himself a person. They are a breathing, walking personification of the land and the people. An ageless being, the nation has lived long before the new king and must now continue to live on without him.
But the nation will not find this task so easy. The king’s heir takes the crown, but the new king will find it heavy to wear. To reign with success in the footsteps of someone hailed as a legend when they were alive is a challenge. Not only must the new king prove themselves and establish rule over their court, their soldiers, their nobility, and their common people, but they must also stand before the very embodiment of their grieving nation and do it. Will he bend the knee and pledge devotion and service to his nation? Or will he attempt to meet his nation in equity? Perhaps the power imbued in kingship will prove to easy to wield and the new king will pursue darker ambitions?
The king dies and the nation lives. The king is crowned and the nation lives. The nation always lives.
- I'm seeking someone to play the new king. He doesn’t necessarily have to be nobility, royalty, or related to the dead king, but he does need to have a legitimate reason for being named the former king's successor. The king’s age, appearance, personality, and reaction to being made king and what sort of king he'll end up being are up to my writing partner.
- I'm also seeking a writing partner that will be comfortable and happy with a steady, but relaxed pace for the story. About one post a week from me is about all a writing partner can expect from me for this story. I'm fine with a writing partner who posts faster or slower than that.
- The dynamic of the king and nation’s relationship is negotiable.
- The setting would be a fictional pre-industrial, non-tropical island nation. There could be various fantasy elements or the only fantasy element could be the existence of the personification of the nation.
- All I have is the kernel of this idea. I need a writing partner to help me flesh out what happens to the nation and newly crowned king once they meet for the first time and to do some worldbuilding for the setting. I'm open to what direction the plot could take and wouldn't mind the story having a dark tone. The only thing I absolutely want to include is some political intrigues so I need someone who will be happy to create and write some supporting characters for the king and nation to interact with. I don't want them to exist in a vacuum.