New roles have been added, and existing roles may have been tweaked! Please read carefully!
Good Guys:~Undercover Neutral Party
- Is able to figure out the identity of other players during the night phases.~Doctor
- Can choose to heal anyone attacked twice during the game, including themselves. They cannot heal anyone killed by the Master Marksman. This ability does not transfer if the player is turned.~Police Officer
- Equipped with a bullet proof vest. Able to withstand a regular attack. Has a chance to protect a citizen from a regular attack, or from being turned during night phases only. Cannot protect the same person two nights in a row. Has the option to give their vest to another player in order to protect them. However, this will make them vulnerable to normal attacks. Cannot be turned into an assassin. If the assassins try to turn the police officer, the ability is wasted.
If the police officer has chosen to give his/her vest to another player, then that player receives the vest for the rest of the game. It can no longer be transferred. If the police officer is killed and has given their vest to another player, this will not be noted during the next day phase.~The Elderly Couple
- A special role that pairs two people together. They have been together for many years, and trust each other without fail. Due to their frail state, they cannot be turned into assassins. If the assassins try to turn someone who has this role, they are not informed until the next day. Thus, the ability is wasted. If one person who has this role is killed or lynched, their partner dies the next round and the assassins cannot kill anyone during that night. Though they can still turn someone if it is a third night phase. *This pairing may not always be M/F!*~Regular citizen
- No special abilities.*Special Note:
If the innocent attacked by the assassins happens to be protected by the Police Officer AND
healed by the Doctor, then the person with the special role who replied to their Night Phase message first
will take credit for the saving of said innocent.
Example: Yugi is targeted by the assassins. The Doctor is messaged with this information, and chooses to heal him. At the same time, the Police Officer has decided to protect him. If the Police Officer sends their decision to the GM before the Doctor, then the Officer gets credit for the save and the Doctor is informed that their heal was negated by the Police Officer. They continue the game with their two opportunities to heal innocent players.
On the flip side, if the Doctor responds first to heal the intended target and the Police Officer picks the same player to protect then the Doctor's ability is used and they still have a heal left.Bad Guys:~Master Marksman
- His/her attacks instantly kill the intended target. This ability can only be used twice during the game. Once both times are used up, they become a regular assassin. Though they are always revealed as the Master Marksman.~Assassin Trainer
- Every third night, the Trainer can turn one of the good guys to the assassin side. Cannot carry out hits due to the fact that he/she devotes their time to training. This ability cannot be used the same night as a hit. If the assassins decide not
to turn anyone during a third night phase, they cannot use the ability during the next night phase. Basically, the chance to turn a good guy into an assassin does not carry over.~Devoted Lackey
- The Lackey is not an assassin, but gathers information for them. If the Neutral Party discovers the person with this role, they informed that the player is a good guy. It is their job to make friends with the good guys and gain their trust. Basically, figure out who has what role. They are a wolf in sheep's clothing. This role is similar to the Neutral Party role, but the person with this role has to figure out the roles of the good guys by themselves.~Regular Assassin
- No special abilities. Revealed as a bad guy to the Neutral Party.Other:~Witness
- This role is special in the fact that it can only be used once, and at random. It is not assigned at the start of the game. Each time after a successful assassination preformed by a regular assassin, the GM will roll the dice to determine if the role will be used. The Master Marksman is too good to be spotted by witnesses. If the roll is unsuccessful, then there is no witness. If the roll is successful, a player on the innocent side is randomly chosen to be the witness. They learn about the assassination before it is publicly announced, and also get a clue as to who the assassin was.
However, there is a drawback. A witness to such a crime sometimes can't clearly remember what exactly they saw. So, they are given two names to choose from. The guilty party, and another name chosen at random. Because the witness does not want to publicly announce that they saw the murder, they message the GM with the name of the person whom they believe to be the guilty party. The GM then announces the death publicly, along with the witness' statement.
For example: The townspeople awoke the next morning, dismayed to find that Valerian has been murdered in cold blood by the assassins. Though with the bad news, comes the good. There was a witness to the crime, and they believe they saw Mr B fleeing the scene!
Players then have the option to vote for the accused player, and lnych him or her. Or, they can vote for someone different. If the players choose to vote out a different person, then nobody finds out whether the accused was innocent or not. If the witness' accusation was correct, then they have the name of an ally. If the accusation was incorrect, the assassins are informed of who the witness is and have the option to take him or her out. However, the assassins must still choose whether they want to use the Master Marksman or a regular assassin to kill the witness. (If the players chose to vote out someone other than the witness' accused player, then the assassins DO NOT learn the identity of the witness.)~Town Sheriff
- Breaks a tie in the public voting.
**How this works:
Each night the assassins will choose a target to eliminate. The decision does not have to be unanimous, and is usually a "majority wins" situation.
However, the assassins must decide whether they would like the target to be eliminated via a regular hitman or by use of the Master Marksman's ability.
If a regular hitman is chosen to carry out the task, and that target is the police officer or is healed by the doctor, they will have survived the hit. If the Master Marksman is the one carrying out the assassination, the character is killed no matter their role.