A Squib's Life

Started by Snapespersephone, October 26, 2013, 01:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapespersephone

Disclaimer This was a Harry Potter Fanfic I started under my Screenname on that sight Mrs.Hornbacher If you wish to tell me what you think of it please pm me. I will use colors when I need to distinquish between difrent speakers in close contact

Preface
Robert looked down with pride at his sleeping wife Ellen. They were finally expecting their first child and he felt sure he or she would make an excellent addition to the little village of Toad on the Mold. He knew that soon the little nursery with the yellow ducky boarder that Ellen had so lovingly tacked to the wall would be holding a most remarkable child even if she was a squib as well. Ellen let out a suddenly gasp and sat up in bed when a sharp pain tore through her back. “Ellen my dear what is wrong? Was it a bad dream? Do you need a glass of water?”

“No dear heart I think it is time for the child to be born quick grab my bags we need to get to the hospital.”

Robert ran to the closet grabbing the soft leather case, and then helped his wife to her feet. He led her to their car and soon they were on there was to St. Muthilda’s hospital for squibs where every child in his family had ever been born. He knew it wasn't going to make the prophet like other magical births did but he felt secure that it would make the Toad Times tonight.

Soon they were pulling up to the harmless looking building and rushing through the parking lot. Robert wrapped his arm around his wife waist supporting her as she had another contraction as they were mere steps from the door. As she was coming up from the crouch she had went down in from the pain a Healer rushed out with a wheelchair to bring her in.
“How long has she been in pain?”
“My wife has been having contractions off and on since 1 am and it is now 3 am. Can you help her please she is having a baby.”
“How close are the contractions to each other?”
“I have one every 5 minutes” panted Ellen as she clutched her stomach to try and tide the pain until they could get her to a bed. As soon as they passed the doors the Healer motioned to another robe clad figure.

"She is having contractions every 5 minutes set up for labor and deliver and floo Healer Mary that Ellen is here.”

After a labor that lasted 8 hours and made Ellen think that she was never going to see the end of her pain she had given birth to a 6 lb. 5 oz. baby girl. Looking down at her Robert wiped a tear from one of his brown eyes and said “oh I hope she looks just like you Elle my dear but I hope she has her Grandma’s brown hair and brown eyes.”
“Yes our little one will be a pretty child I am sure” as the new parents looked over there precious bundle Healer Mary walked in.
“Mr. and Mrs. Granger have you picked a name for your little one yet? Or will you still need a minute or two to think about it?”
“Yes our little girls name is Hermione Jean."
A&A: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191520.new#new updated 12/24/15
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=168435.0
Ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177456.msg8429651#msg8429651
Fort: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169154.0
There is something wrong in life when my most dominate side is my muse, and she doesn't listen to me. She skips around doing her own thing and ignoring me.

Snapespersephone

CHAPTER 1
Hermione was an inquisitive little thing since the day she was born. She always watched everyone who came around her crib and watched the world from her parent's arms. Until the day came when at the age or 3 while playing with her mommy she said "Mommy Hermy want dolly." As she pointed at her doll it went flying into her arms. This caused Ellen to jump up.
"Bob, Bob come in here it was amazing." Robert hurried to Hermione’s room to see what all the fuss was about. When Ellen took the doll away and set it on the shelf again Hermione started to whimper.
"No Mommy I want dolly." And yet again the doll floated off the shelf and into his daughter's arms. Robert was dumbfounded. Magical babies were very rare in the Squib villages. He knew just what he had to do and went to get his neighbor, Thomas Parkington, the only other magical child he knew of that had been born of squib parents.
When the two men came back Ellen met them at the door with Hermione on her hip. As soon as Hermione saw Thomas she started reaching out to him saying Tommy show Hermy the pretty light stick Pease!”
Thomas just laughed and grabbed the little girl, “Hermione my dear I would love to show you all the pretty lights I can shoot off plus some of my other tricks, but you have to show me your tricks too. OK?”
Hermione nodded excitedly, “yes! You show me the pretty lights and I will show you how Dolly can move. I will also tell you my secrude.”
Thomas moved into the center of the living room and set Hermione on the living room rug before he pulled out his wand and shot off some harmless sparks for her amusement. Soon Hermione was clapping with glee and watching Thomas do magic. After a while Thomas sat down on the floor and nodded for Hermione to come closer. "Ok short stuff show me what ya got.”
Hermione giggle and then putting on her best serious face she pointed to the doll across the room and said, “come here Dolly Hermy wants to play with you.” When she saw Thomas's eyes light up she decided to show him what else she could do. “’Elope come here and play with Hermy.” No sooner where the words out of her little mouth her tiny grey and black kitten came flying into her arms. As she squeezed the kitten maybe a little too hard she motioned Thomas to lean in closer, “you wanta know my secrude? Tommy? Huh? Huh? You wanna?” Thomas just nodded so she smiled and closed her eyes. Soon she was floating about 3 inches off the floor and glowing a pale gold. After about a minute of this she turned to him again and said. “You can’t tell anyone though cause Binkers said I’s not spose to do that as it would upset Mommy and Daddy. Can you promise not to tell? Pease! Pease with sprinkles on top?”
Thomas nodded and then stood up motioning for Robert and Ellen to follow him. “You guys are very lucky having a witch for a child but are you ready for the loss of her when and if she is accepted into one of the wizarding schools?”
Ellen nodded, “oh yes it would be so nice to be able to say we actually have a true witch in our family and as she learns to control her powers she will be a big help to her father and I. She will of course still be going to St. Steven’s primary school though just like all the other children in the neighborhood I just hope they don’t tease her too much.”
As she was saying this her father was watching his little angel playing quietly by herself. Soon the adults were interrupted by Hermione tugging on her Mother’s robes, “mommy it is time for you to tell me a bed time story.”
Ellen smiled down at her “yes of course dear what will the story be tonight?”
“Hmmm,” Hermione tapped her little chin as she thought, “Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump Pease mommy?”
Ellen just laughed, “But sweet pea you have that story almost memorized wouldn't you like a new story tonight?”
Hermione shook her head and was carried off to bed as her father wished Thomas well on his way home. After he had left Robert went to tuck his little girl in and kiss her good night. As he was stepping out of her room he couldn't help but wonder how his little one was going to turn out.
A&A: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191520.new#new updated 12/24/15
There is something wrong in life when my most dominate side is my muse, and she doesn't listen to me. She skips around doing her own thing and ignoring me.

Snapespersephone

Chapter 2
As the years past and Hermione grew up a little her magic started showing up more and more. She was her parents pride and joy as everyone in Toad in the Mold knew that the grangers had a witch in their family.
Soon it was Monday August 27th. Ellen was in the kitchen getting breakfast started when Hermione came running down the stairs in her pjs, “Mom is it today? Do I finally get to go to school today?”
Ellen just laughed at her daughter’s excitement and nodded towards the table. “It won’t be if you don’t sit down and have a good breakfast”, Ellen scooped some eggs and sausage on her plate with a slice of toast, “now eat up and then you can get ready for your first day.” Hermione hurriedly ate her breakfast then rushed up the stairs to her closet to pick out her first day of school outfit. As she stared at her cloths she couldn’t decide if she wanted to wear her new purple dress with the button flowers, her black skirt with the white sweater, or go for a pair of jeans with a baby pink t-shirt. As she was mulling over her decision her mom entered her room.
“Hermione sweetie we need to get a move on or we are going to be late.”  Hermione grabbed the dress as well as white tights and her black mary janes. As soon as she was dressed her mother put a dark purple ribbon in her hair and they were on their way.
Hermione was nervous as they approached the red brick building with the little white sign out front. What if the other children didn’t like her, what if the teacher picked on her, what if they didn’t have any books her mom hadn’t already read to her. With a nervous tummy she walked down the hall holding her mom’s hand until they reached the class room. When she stepped inside she was met by a very well dressed lady who introduced herself as Ms. Parkington.  She had her black hair pulled up in an elaborate French twist and a pair of wire framed glasses covered her kind grey eyes. She then knelled down in front of Hermione, “why hello Ms. Granger I hear you are a very special little girl. That ok I am sure that you will be a great addition to my class now how bout you take your seat and we can get started for the day.”
Hermione just smiled shyly and took a seat close to the front next to a blond haired little girl. The little girl turned to her and said, “Oh hi my name is Lilli Anna Malloy but everyone calls me Anna. What is your name?”
Hermione turn pink, “I am Hermione Granger it is really nice to meet you Anna.” Before they could say anymore Ms. Parkington tapped her ruler on her desk to get everyone’s attention.
“Good morning class I am so glad to see so many smiling young faces in this class now I am going to call role and then we can all get to know each other a little better. Ok when I say your names raise your hand so I can fill in the seating chart.” As she called each name she looked up and smiled, “Emily figg, good, Kevin Gable, good, Hermione granger, good, Persephone Grant, good, Anastasia Grayson, good, Joshua Green, good, David Huffington, good, Grace Knott, good, Lucinda Long, good, Lilli Anna Malloy, good, Gabriel Price, good, Tyler Person, good, William Preston, good, and lastly Chloe Sabini.” As soon as role had been called everyone started looking around the room to see if they knew each other. “Alright children how about everyone stand up and tell us a little bit about yourselves. Ok we will start in the front row and work our way across, Chloe Sabini”
A little girl with black pigtails and a baby pink sweater dress stood up on the other side of Hermione, “Hi my name is Chloe I live on Oak Street and have a pet dog named Mr. Snuggles. Oh and my family’s house elf is named Butters.”
“Ok good Chloe thank you for sharing. Now Hermione it’s your turn.”
Hermione stood up with a blush, “Hi I am Hermione I live at home with my mom, dad, my kitty Penelope, and our house elf Binkers. I also am the first witch in my family in 5 generations.” A hush fell over the class as they all stared at her. Hermione could feel herself starting to blush and her lower lip started to tremble. Ms. Parkington came forward and put her arm around the little girl.
“Yes class our Hermione is a witch but we must make her feel welcome. I will not have her treated differently because of her talents. Now Ms. Malloy it is your turn.”
Anna stood up straight smoothing her white pants and mint green top. “Hi I am Lilli Anna but you can call me Anna. I live with my grandma Pandora, my kitty Meow Meow, he is fat and orange, and my grandma’s house elf Winker’s. “She then sat down again before leaning over to talk to Hermione, “Wow you’re a witch for real? My grandma said that squib born witches are uncommon but I bet she would love to meet you would you like to come over to my house after school? We could have cookies and milk and I will show you my dolls.” Hermione nodded
“Alright Mr. Green your up,”
A boy with brown hair and light blue eyes stood up, “I’m Joshua but you guys can call me Josh. I’m not originally from Toad on the Mold I moved with my mommy from Wiltshire when I was born. I miss our old home.”
The teacher continued the mini introductions of the rest of the class. There was Lucinda, Call me Lucy ,Long, David, My daddy is the mayor, Huffington, Gabriel, I have 2 sisters and 1 brother, Price, Persephone Grant a little girl with sallow skin and dark brown hair, Anastasia, my daddy buys my dresses in Paris, Grayson, Kevin Gable a tough little boy who glared at the whole class before sitting down, Tyler Person a little boy with the most amazing silver eyes, Emily figg a shy little girl who said hi and then dropped into her seat beet red, Grace Knott who said she was sent to live with her aunt and uncle when she was born, and William Preston who was clutching his lunch bag like it was gold during his full introduction.
Soon the first day of class was over for the day. Anna dragged Hermione over to a nice older woman and said, “Grandma this is Hermione Granger she is a witch can she come over to play?” the little old lady just laughed.
“Of course dear as long as her mom is ok with it she can visit the Manor.”
As soon as Hermione’s mom arrived the two girls begged her to let her go over to her new friend’s house for a few hours to play. She nodded and the two girls left with Mrs. Malloy.

Snapespersephone

Chapter 3
Hermione woke up full of excitement for the coming school day. Anna and she were going to the ice cream parlor after school before going home. Her mom had even given her permission to stay out until dark before she got home. She soon rushed down the stairs hopping up on one of the kitchen stools. No sooner had she sat down that her mom set down a bowl of oatmeal and some orange juice to give Hermione strength for the coming day. “Hermione dear remember your father and I want you home by dinner time tonight. If for any reason you are not going to be home in time make sure to call us.” Mrs. Granger said in her best stern voice. Hermione nodded then after finishing the last of her oatmeal and draining her orange juice she ran upstairs to get ready for the day. She threw on her favorite sundress and sandals before rushing down stairs again. “Hermione dear there is leftover spaghetti in your lunch today be sure to put it in the fridge as soon as you get to school and have a great day.”Mrs. Granger called as Hermione rushed out the door.
As she rushed up to the school playground she was met at eh gate by her best friends Anna and Chloe. “Oh Hermione it is so exciting Chloe’s parents said she could go to Luck’s ice cream parlor with us and Grandma said that I was to invite both or you to dinner tonight. She is going to call your parents to tell them she will drop you guys off afterwards.”
“Oh Hermione I love your dress where did you get it?”
Hermione smiled at her friends then turned to Chloe, “my mommy made it for me as a present for my good grade on my math and spelling tests. Isn’t it pretty?”
Both girls nodded then rushed to the door when the bell rang to signal that school would be starting. They all slide into their seats just as Ms. Parkington walked in and took her stance in front of her desk. “Ok boys and girls today we are going to be talking about some of the pureblood witches and wizards that exist in the wizarding world and also it is where many of you can trace your heritage.” The whole class looked on with interest, “as I will be your teacher until you are out of primary school I have decided to start a project to look into your roots and see just where you and your families come from. Who knows maybe some of you will find close relatives in the wizarding world.”
The whole class clapped with glee as the teacher walked down the rows setting black composition notebooks on each desk. “You will be interviewing your families to get your basic family trees so we will have something to work with on the bigger picture. Now I want everyone to write your names on the front of your notebooks.” Everyone moved to do as she had asked “good now that we have that part settled let’s get on with the class work for the day.”
The day seemed to speed by and soon the girls were on their way to get there ice cream. All three girls sat down at the counter and waited for the owner’s wife to come over, “hey there dolls how can I help you today? Coffees all around?” the lady asked with a quirk of her eyebrow. The girls all giggled and shook their heads.
“No silly I want a chocolate sundae, Chloe wants a bowl of strawberry ice cream and Hermione what do you want?”
Hermione leaned forward to look at the menu, “Oh can I have a Choco-strawberry shake please?”
“Yup coming right up girls” the girls turned to each other giggling and talking about their new school project.
Soon the girls had finished there ice cream treats and where on the way to Anna’s house to tell Pandora all about their new school project and to see about dinner. Mrs. Malloy greeted the girls with a smile and led them to her informal dining room. “So girls how was school today? Any new gossip?”
The girls all giggled shaking their heads. “We are going to be doing a project that Ms. Parkington said is probably going to take a few years until we graduate from primary school. She wants us to make a proper family tree so we can see what pureblood families we may have in our past. Isn’t that exciting?” Mrs. Malloy nodded as she was listening. Soon a house elf popped into the room bowing low.
“Mistress and young misses dinner is served in the dining room.” Everyone moved to the more formal dining room to eat a dinner of baked ziti, ceasar salad, and garlic bread sticks. As they were eating they talked about the goings on in town and the wedding that was coming up between Thomas Parkington and a nice witch he had met named Emaline Bones that he had meet in diagon alley about 6 months ago when he went shopping. Everyone was excited about what the bride would wear.
About six months later Hermione was again excited but this time she was excited to be going to the wedding of her father’s good friend to his loving and beautiful bride. Her and her mother had went to a store in London to get there dresses for the wedding. Hermione rushed down the stairs that morning to get a bowl of cereal before her mother and her got ready for the day.
As soon as she was finished she ran upstairs and pulled on her tights. Then her mother helped her into white gauzy dress and tied the sash in back. Her hair was then pulled back in a lose French braid with a few flowers weaved through it. The whole time they were talking.
“Mom Anna said that her grandma was going to let her wear her Easter dress for this. She was so excited because it had been put away as soon as Easter service was over and hung up in the closet, but now she gets to wear it all day. Plus Chloe said she was going to be there to she had a dress made just for the wedding can you believe it?”
“No dear heart I can’t but we best hurry if we are going to get there in a timely fashion.” No sooner had the words left her mother’s mouth that Mr. Granger was calling up the stairs for them to light a fire under their butts.
After a quick drive they were pulling into the church were the wedding party was outside getting their picture taken. Hermione’s eyes were drawn to a girl her age with red hair and a crown of flowers in her hair that she had never seen before. “Mom who is that little girl she doesn’t go to my school?”
“No dear she wouldn’t she is Susan Bones the brides cousin. Who knows maybe you will go to school with her when your older she is a witch too.” Mrs. Granger said with a smile.
Soon the wedding was in full swing and Hermione was watching to crowd when she overheard a lady talking behind her, “disgraceful all of these Squibs ruining poor Thomas’ wedding. Why would he want any of them here they are not his kind.”
Hermione approached them “what do you mean they are not his kind they are his friends and family.”
“no dear you must be mistaken Thomas is a wizard he would have no reason to befriend squibs let alone call them family they are beneath him now run along and find your dirty mother.”
Hermione felt tears coming to her eyes, “but I am a witch and my mommy and daddy are squibs but they are still my family. And Anna is my friend and she is a squib.”
The two ladies look at her astonished, “if you are a witch prove it or go find your dirty mother little girl you have no place at a wizards wedding.”
Hermione was so made who were these ladies to talk to her like this. The more upset she got the more she wanted them to pay. Soon she stomped her little foot and all the vases on the tables exploded sending glass around the room. The lady just looked on in shock. “You don’t belong here little girl they should have sent you to live with your magical relations……”
Before she could continue Ellen ran over to make sure her little girl was ok. “Are you hurt baby did any of the glass get you? Oh dear heart you know you are supposed to be trying to control you temper. Come along now.” She then led her little girl away.

Snapespersephone

Chapter 3
Monday august 31st snuck up on Hermione and with it brought a new school year. She had put a lot of thought into her dress for the day. In fact Chloe, Anna, and her had all gotten the same dress in different colors thanks to Chloe’s mom. Hermione took her white dress out admiring the red rose detail on the bottom trim. She set a pair of white tights on top of it and her new black sandals. After her outfit had been lovingly laid out on the bed she rushed down stairs to get her breakfast. Her mom handed her a plate piled high with pancakes, fried eggs and bacon as she passed her in the kitchen. “Here you go dear you’re going to need your energy for school. So eat up and then get dressed you only have half an hour until school starts.”
Hermione rushed her breakfast down, and then after she had dressed for the day she ran to school spying her two best friends waiting for her at the gate. There was Anna in a dress identical to hers only with yellow roses and her long white blond hair pulled up in a high pony tail. Next to her was Chloe whose dress with the purple roses set her black hair off perfectly. “Girls can you believe it a new year finally do you think there will be anyone new?” the girls shook their heads before Anna piped up.
“New students to any grade don’t happen you always have the same class mates and the same teacher until 6th grade. That is just how it always has been.”
The three girls rushed up the path and too there class room waving at Ms. Parkington and they took their seats in the front row. Ms. Parkington smiled at the class and took role. “Alright class time for a new year and a new start. We will be expanding your family trees little more this year and I have planned a few surprises as well so let’s get cracking ok?”
The class all sat giving their teacher there full attention not wanting to miss a single detail of her lessons. She went over a review of what they had learned the year before and then started talking about the reading program she was going to be starting with them. She felt that it was important that they read to enrich and stimulate their young minds so she had set up a points system for every book they read and prizes for certain point goals being achieved.
The class flew by and soon the girls were on their way to Chloe’s house to see the new little brother she had gotten over the summer. The three girls gathered around his crib talking baby talk and admiring hos cute little fingers and toes. Soon snappy the house elf came rushing in the room it is time for master’s bath. The little elf levitated the child out of his crib and carried him down the hall. The three girls then went to hang out in Chloe’s room where they played with their games and just giggled together.
As the year went on the girls seemed to be more and more inseparable. When Anna’s grandma took her skiing for Christmas the two girls joined her with their parent’s permission. But soon it was time for school to end again and Chloe let a bomb slip to on the last day of school. With tears in her eyes she said, “My family is going away for the whole summer mommy said she wanted to show one of my uncles Samuel as they think he might have magical talent. If he does they are going to send him to live with my uncle and aunt in the wizarding world I will never see him again. It’s not fair that he has to go away. Hermione wasn’t sent away.”
Hermione’s mind went back to the wedding the year before when her mother had pulled her aside after the vases had exploded.
(Flashback)
Mrs. Granger came down eye to eye with her little girl. “Hermione my sweet what is wrong why are you so upset?”
Hermione sniffled, “those mean ladies were saying that all the squibs were ruining Thomas wedding and that he shouldn’t of invited them as they are not his kind.” She sniffled a little more as her mom pulled her close, “and when I tried to defend you guys and pointed out that I was a witch but all my friends and family were squibs they said I should not be here with you guys then. And I was so mad and all of a sudden there was glass everywhere and I just wanted them to be hurt for hurting my feelings. What did they mean?”
Ellen comforted her daughter, “sweetheart it is customary for witches and wizards born in the squib world to be sent to live with the closest related witch or wizard, but we just couldn’t do it when you were born dear heart. Our closest related witch or wizard relatives are bad people Hermione. They aligned with a bad man and were punished for it. We just couldn’t send you to be influenced by them. It’s why your daddy changed our last name and we moved here when he found out I was pregnant with you. If they found you they would take you away.”
(Flashback ended)
Hermione spoke up, “my parents changed our last name and moved here when they found out my mom was pregnant. My mom said they couldn’t bring themselves to let me be raised by my magical relatives because they aligned with a bad mad and are being punished for it. They would have been a bad influence so my parents are hiding me away so they couldn’t find out about me yet. They would hunt us down and take me away. I’m sorry Chloe if your brother is a wizard they might have no choice.”
Chloe sniffled a little then with a defiant look on her 7 year old face she said, “Well I hope Sammy is a squib just like we are because I am not losing him they can go eat eggs.”
Her friends all laughed her that and then had to make there good byes so they would be home in time for dinner.
Hermione rushed in the house about running her mom over. Ellen smiled down at her daughter, “so what are the big plans for the summer sweet pea? Hanging out with Anna and Chloe again all summer?”
“No mom Chloe said her mom and dad have to take Samuel to their wizarding relatives they think he might be a wizard. She is not happy about it at all. Me and Anna might hang out though. That should be fun right?”
Mrs. Granger just nodded with a faraway look in her eyes as she walked away. Hermione was perplexed so she followed her to see what she was up to. Soon she seen her mom going up the attic stairs and she followed her up. When she reached the top she saw her flipping through a huge book. “Mom what are you doing up?”
Mrs. Granger looked up and motioned for her to come closer. “I was looking at my family bible just thinking did I ever tell you I had a brother dear?” Hermione shook her head. “While I do dear but he is gone now. That bad man’s men found him out in the muggle world and… and...” Mrs. Granger burst into tears, “they killed him Hermione because they though he was a muggle.” Mrs. Granger cried harder, “I saw it too from behind the trash can where my brother told me to go when he heard them coming up. I was your age when it happened and he was almost 13. They killed him because of their twisted belief about purity of blood. It’s rubbish actually his blood was probably purer then there will ever be. We don’t dawdle with muggles like they do.”

Snapespersephone

Chapter 4
Hermione rushed down stairs on August 29th, the day before school was to begin for the year, practically vibrating with excitement. “Mom guess what I just saw! Guess what!”
Mrs. Granger looked up from the sandwiches she was making for her husband lunch when she heard her daughters excitement, “let me guess you saw a moving truck next door.”
“Yea and there was a little girl who got out of the truck and she looked like she is my age. Can we go over and say hi?”
“Well honey yes of course but don’t you think we should take them a house warming gift? Like say the brownies I have in the oven right now.” Ellen said with one eyebrow quirked. Hermione nodded and sat at the bar.
“Do you know who they are?” Mrs. Granger shook her head no, “how much longer until the brownies are done?”
“We can take them over in half an hour that will give them time to cool and for me to frosten them now scotch until then and I will call you when they are done.” Hermione got off her stool deciding that if she had extra time she might as well plan her outfit for the next day. She hurried to her bedroom to look through all of her newly bought school cloths. After about 20 minutes of digging through her closet and drawers she had decided on her flower print t-shirt dress with black tights with white polka dots and her brown ankle boots. As soon as she had set that over her vanity chair and had just started digging through her jewelry box her mom called up the stairs that it was time to meet their new neighbors.
Hermione ran down the stairs and top speed and they walked across the lawn to the house next door and the new neighbors. When Mrs. Granger knocked on the door an tiny girl with shoulder length red curls and green eyes opened the door before calling into the house, “Jordan we have visitors.”
A man in his late twenties came to the door running his hands through his messy red hair and held his hand out, “oh hi sorry for the mess I am Jordan Wesley and this little dear in my cousin Maria. Are you our neighbors?”
Mrs. Granger smiled holding out the brownies in her hand, “yes we are we live right next door in the red brick house. I am Ellen granger and this is my daughter Hermione. We thought we would introduce ourselves and welcome you to the neighborhood. If you don’t mind my asking what brings you guys here?”
Chloe spoke up from the doorway where she had been watching them. “Jordan met a girl and decided to move us out here so we could get to know her better. We moved from London.”
Hermione stepped forward, “how old are you Maria? What grade are you in?”
“I am going to be 8 on the 2nd of September and I am going into the second grade. What about you?”
“I’m in the second grade too. I just know you will love this school. Our teacher in really nice.” Maria smiled at this, “Hey would you like to meet my friends? We could go see them now.” Maria nodded looking up at her cousin for permission. When he nodded the two girls rushed down the sidewalk to Malloy Manor so Hermione could introduce her to Anna.
When they arrived the door was answered by Mrs. Malloy. “Good afternoon Hermione and who is this young lady with you?”
“This in Maria Wesley she just moved in next door to me and I thought she would like to meet Anna is she home?”
“Yes dear she is upstairs in her room.” The older lady said stepping to the side so the two girls could rush up the stairs. Once they reached Anna’s room Hermione burst in pulling Maria behind her.
“Anna this is Maria she just moved next door to me. She is going to be in our class. Isn’t that exciting?”
Anna laughed, “Hermione breath before you pass out. Hello Maria I am Lilli Anna Malloy but you can call me Anna. It is nice to meet you. Are you excited to live here?”
Maria looked on in awe at the blonde girl, “well yes everyone seems so friendly and I didn’t have a lot of friends back at my old house.”
“Hey Anna Chloe and her family are back from their trip. Let’s go over there and introduce Maria to them. We can also find out how the meeting went.” Hermione said. The white blonde girl nodded and they went rushing down the stairs to go to Chloe’s house.
Soon they were knocking on the Sabini’s door bouncing with their excitement. Chloe answered the door pulling her two friends into a close hung then turning to the red haired child. “Who is this Anna and Hermione?”
Maria stepped forward and extended her hand, “hello I am Maria Wesley. IO just moved in next door to Hermione. She is taking me around to meet her friends. I will be staring school with you guys tomorrow.”
Chloe smiled at her then invited them inside. As soon as the girls had sat down on couch Mrs. Sabini set a plate full of cookies and a pitcher of milk with 4 glasses on the coffee table in front of them. As soon as her mom had left the room Chloe turned to her friends, “I have a new little sister you guys. When we went to meet our pure blood relatives they told us Sammy is a wizard and he is going to live with one of my cousins now but there was a little baby girl whose mother was looking for a squib home for. I thought for sure there would be another family for her but Daddy stood up and said we would take and raise her. Her name is Diana Zabini; well I guess it would be sabini now. You guys want to see her she is so small.” The three girls nodded and were lead to a bedroom where a dark haired mocha skinned 1 year old was napping in the crib.
The next morning was bright and sunny as Hermione and Maria were rushing down the sidewalk hand in hand. Soon they were joined at the gate by Anna and Chloe and rushed to their class to introduce her to Ms. Parkington. She just smiled down at her and invited her to take the final seat in the back of the room before turning to the class to take role.
“Good morning class I am so happy to see your happy faces again, and it excites me to introduce you to our newest student Ms. Maria Wesley. I expect you all to make her feel welcome. Now Ms. Wesley if you would like to introduce yourself to your new class mates you may.”
The day flew by and soon it was lunch time. The girls decided to take their lunches out under the oak tree to eat. As Hermione was setting her lunch out on her napkin she glanced up, “hey Maria did you forget something?”
Maria shook her head, “no why?”
“Because he is walking up the path.”
“Oh yea he is taking his new girlfriend out for lunch. He said she was a teacher here.”
All four sets of eyes turned to the door and waited for Jordan to come back out. Soon he stepped back out with Ms. Parkington on his arm. “Oh goodness Maria he is dating our teacher did you know?” Hermione asked. Maria shook her head no. “Wow they sure are cute together.
The school year flew by and the four girls became the very best of friends. They also could be found most days after school hiding up in the tree house; Jordan had built for Marie, spying on their teacher and Maria’s cousin. They would sit up there for hours on end until dinner time had rolled around, Gossiping sharing a soda and giggling. Meanwhile the two adults would sit in the backyard holding hands and talking. On the last day of school Ms. Parkington said good bye to her students smiling as each walked out the door for the summer.

Snapespersephone

Chapter 6
Hermione woke up with glee on the 29th of August rolling out of bed and promptly ran over to the other sleeping girls and woke them up squealing, “Today is the day girls we go back to school and the new get to go to the party Ms. Parkington and Jordan are throwing tonight.”
All the girls rolled out of bed grumbling and groaning about being woke up so early. They all tromped down the stairs to Anna’s dining room to get breakfast before they all had to get dressed and ready for school. The girls had spent hours the weekend before going from store to store looking for the perfect outfits for their first days back, and had settled on similar outfits to each other.
After they had all eaten there fill they all filed back up to Anna’s room and proceeded to dress for the day. Hermione was the first out of her bathroom dressed in a pale purple lacy t-shirt a tan kaki skirt, white knee socks, and her purple sneakers. Next was Chloe who had matched her kaki skirt and knee socks with red lacy top and red sneakers. Maria and Anna came out last. Maria had added an emerald green shirt and shoes to her skirt. Whereas Anna had been bold and gotten a black top and shoes. They all added ribbons that matched their shirts to their hair and ran down the stairs and on to school.
The school day seemed to rush by and soon the girls were at Maria’s house sipping punch and wondering why the party hosts looked so nervous. Soon Jordan cleared his throat and held up his hand for silence before turning to the lady next to him and announcing to the crowd, “Samantha and I have called you all here tonight to announce some great news. Last night Samantha agreed to make me the happiest of men and become my wife.” The room burst into applause as the young couple blushed and looked at each other. They then walked around to room talking to the small groups and accepting congratulations from everyone.
Soon they reached the four girls table and Ms. Parkington sat down with them and leaned forward, “girls I would like to ask you to please be my bridesmaids I can think of nobody else I would rather have stand up for me then you for.” The girls all squealed and nodded their heads practically bouncing out of their seats with their excitement.
The year flew by as the wedding was being planned and family trees were being built. At the end of the school year there was an assembly one night where every one of MS Parkington’s students presented what they knew about the pureblood wizard families they came from. Every parent showed up beaming with pride for their children’s presentations.
Emily Figg gave a speech about her pure blood relatives to Fudges. She told the audience about her relative being the current Minster of Magic’s right hand man
Kevin Gable gave a short speech about her pureblood relatives the Goyles, but said she could not find a lot of information about them that would make her proud to be related
Hermione Granger said she found out that her father changed their name from LaGrange to further distance themselves from his pureblood relatives the LaStranges who were in the wizarding prison due to their actions while being loyal to a dark wizard
Persephone Grant spoke about her pureblood relatives the Gaunts who she said had died out many years ago but had been able to trace themselves all the way back to the Slytherin line
Anastasia Grayson- spoke of her relatives the Gryffindors who were no longer around but one of her relatives was a founder of Hogwarts
Joshua Green spoke about the greengrasses she said she could not find many of them left but they are still around
David Huffington spoke of the Hufflepuffs specifically Helga hufflepuff who also was a founder of Hogwarts
Grace Knott spoke about the Notts who she found to be death eaters. She said she could not find very much about them other than that
Lucinda Long was proud of her relationship to the Longbottoms who she said were brave and noble. They fought against a very bad wizard.
Lilli Anna Malloy spoke about her relatives the Malfoys, who she, said had a son her age and where very powerful wizards
Gabriel Price spoke about the princes who he said were practically gone but they did have a male in the line who carried the bloodline under the name Snape and was a teacher of potions
Tyler Person spoke of the Peverells who seemed to have a tie to something called the deathly hollows
William Preston spoke about the Prewetts who she said had no more males in there direct line but were related to other families by marriage.
Maria Wesley spoke about the Weasleys who she said had a big family with a lot of sons and one daughter. They were on the side of good in the last wizarding war.
Chloe Sabini spoke of her relatives the Zabinis but could not find a lot about them other then one of them being a black widow.
The night ended with Ms. Parkington talking about her relationship to the Parkinsons a very highly regarded pureblood family. Then updating everyone on her brother and his new wife’s lives in the wizarding world. It was a very successful evening that ended with punch and cookies before everyone went home.
Hermione and her friends all decided to stay at Hermione’s house so they could help set up everything for the bridal shower that was being thrown for Ms. Parkington the next day.  Hermione’s mom had planned it down to the last detail and the girls were looking forward to it with much excitement.

Snapespersephone

Chapter 7
Ms. Parkington’s big day had finally arrived and the four girls were in the church basement with her getting ready.  Hermione could still remember the day they all traveled to London to get the dresses for the girls, and they got to see Ms. Parkington’s dress for the first time. It was a white satin gown with a semi-cathedral length train, lace embroidered with crystal beading and sequins was scattered over the bust. The best part in Hermione’s opinion though was the split skirt in the back that had a mint green trim as well as a green belt.

The three girls had all picked out the same dress with slightly different trim colors. It was a gorgeous ankle length ivory silk gown with silk flowers around the waist and hem. They had just been told to stay in the wedding colors of green and orange, Hermione had chosen to have emerald trim, Maria had chosen sage, Anna had chosen tangerine trim and Chloe had chosen a color called sunrise for her trim.
Soon Thomas came to the room to get his sister for her walk down the aisle. Everyone had lined up outside the doors leading to the church aisle. When it opened the crowd ohhhed and ahhhhhed over the four little girls as they walked one by one up the aisle to take their places at the front before the doors closed again. With a great fanfare they were opened and Ms. Parkington glided down the aisle her dark hair up in a messy up do that had flowers scattered throughout.
Soon the Pastor was having Jordan and Samantha join hands as he spoke the blessing joining them in holy matrimony. They both vowed to be faithful and true holding no one above each other except god. As they kissed and sealed their vows for life the church broke out I applause and the pastor turned them to the crowd. They both smiled and blushed when he proclaimed, “I would like to introduce the new Mr. and Mrs. Jordan Wesley.” They then were all sent down the aisle to form the receiving line for guest.
After a joyous reception the happy couple left for their honeymoon amid a shower of bubbles and rice. The girls all went home to Anna’s house to hang out and have a sleepover. They spent most of the night giggling and eating ice cream when Maria spoke up. “Can you believe it in 2 short weeks we are going to be 4th graders.” The girls all nodded, “I wish we could have a party of some sort though you know for fun.”
“Oh I know,” squealed Anna, “why don’t we ask Grandma about having a Halloween costume party. It would be fun there could be punch, candy, and everyone could dress in their best costumes. What do you guys think?”
“That sound awesome Anna and it would be super fun if we all dressed up alike.” Hermione chimed in.
“Yea but not to alike we don’t want to be identical we need to have our own attitudes.” Chloe said deep in thought, “oh I know why don’t we go as witches. Ya know to honor Hermione the only witch in our school.”
“Yea that would be so fun let’s do it.” The other three gushed together.
The weeks flew by and soon it was the first day of school again. Hermione woke up and grabbed the outfit she had set out the night before on her way to take a shower before breakfast. So she rushed down stairs in a simple black long sleeve shirt that had a little embroidery along the top, a pair of jeans, and her black ballet flats. She grabbed a muffin as she rushed out the door to meet her friends before school. They all met at the gate and walked to class together seeing their teacher behind the desk with her dark hair up in its signature bun. She soon stood up smiling and addressed the class, “good morning class as most of you know I got married over the summer and must now be addressed by my new title Mrs. Wesley. I have a lot planned for this year to prepare you for next years placement test and you all will be starting your two years of elocution classes for the debutantes ball at the end of next year.”
The days flew by for the girls between the pills of homework and the extra classes for their debuts they barely had time to think for themselves. Yet they still found time to plan what they hoped would be a Halloween party that would be unforgettable.
Soon Saturday the 31st of October rolled around and the four girls were busy decorating the ball room at Malloy manor for the coming night’s festivities. The house elves were making all the food and punch and the girls were busy hanging streamers, balloons, and fake cobwebs on all the surfaces. It soon had the slightly creepy party look the girls were going for and they headed up stairs to change for the party.
Hermione had chosen a costume with a black vinyl look short dress with red front ribbon lace up and embroidered red side panels. She paired this with black tights, a pair of black kitten heels, and a black witch’s hat.
Anna had chosen a costume with a black and red dress with a silver star patterned overlay and a coordinating black, red and silver hat she added fishnet tights and a pair of black platform Mary Jane’s.
Maria had chosen a Beautiful peasant style mini dress with black ribbon lace up front and orange and yellow flared skirt, a matching orange and yellow pointed witches hat with polka dot ribbon, a pair of orange and white striped knee high socks and had complete her costume with a pair of black leather flats.
Lastly was Chloe who had chosen a faux corseted dress with circle skirt and streamer sleeves with star glitter overlay. That she paired with a black witch’s hat, black tights and her black heeled mary-janes.
The girls rushed down stairs to greet the guest and enjoyed some giggles at some of the costumes. There were a few vampires, some clowns, and a few other fun costumes. The girls favorite though was Kevin Gable dressed up as a cow. The party was a lot of fun the girls danced with all the guys and each other throughout the night. The punch and other elven offerings were enjoyed immensely. As was the bobbing for apples and other party games they had planned, but at midnight Mrs. Malloy came and told everyone their parents were there to pick them up. The girls soon were busy cleaning up the ballroom and giggling over the different things that had happened. Soon they were all trudging up stairs exhausted and ready to fall into their beds for the night.

Snapespersephone

(AN: Er I would like to know if anyone is bothering to read this before I take the time and post the rest of the existing chapters and any future ones)
Chapter 8
Hermione woke up in the 26th of August overcome with the fact that this would be the last year she would go to school with any of her friends. They all knew that this was the year they toured the squib higher education schools and found out what their future held for all of them. They would all be separated and going their own way for their 6th grade year. She got out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower and dress for the day. After her shower she came down stairs in a cheetah print grey knit sleeveless top, jeans and her new sandals before she grabbed her bag and rushed to meet her friends at the school gate for there last year. The four girls walked into the classroom arm in arm to take their seats just as Ms. Wesley stood up to take role and address the class.
“Good morning class it has been a long five year so far with all of your smiling faces, but I am happy to say this year we will be finding your futures. Some will be going on the work in the wizarding world where as others will take on jobs in the muggle world or maybe even like myself you will be chosen for a future in the squib world itself.” The class all looked on in excitement with the idea that they all would be taking the school assessment test to be placed in the proper school. As well as the tours of their prospective schools, and the plans for their debut in squib society at the end of the year.
After a month and a half of school studies the day came when they were all told to line up for their first of four placement tests that were to take place that day. Hermione stood in the hall giggling with the girls waiting her turn to enter one of the 4 rooms when she heard her name called by the older woman in the first rom. Upon entering she was instructed to sit down.
“Hello Ms. Granger I am your magical skills assessment instructor Mrs. Ravenski, this will be a simple test I just need you to try your best to see how much magic you naturally possess.”
Hermione leaned forward and asked, “Are all my classmates taking this test?”
“Why yes all squibs do as we all have minute amounts of magic in our blood why would you ask?”
“Oh I thought it would have been written down that I was a witch.”
The instructor rolled her eyes, “oh really? Then levitate the desk. And we will skip the simpler magic I would of asked for.” Hermione smiled and with natural talent lifted her hand causing the desk to lift with it. The instructor’s jaw almost hit the ground, “wow I haven’t seen a real witch in all my years of assent how are you still with your parents? Why were you not sent away like the rest?”
Hermione blushed, “they couldn’t give me up as they felt I would have a better life with them then there wizarding relations. So here I sit but I will be going to a wizarding school. My mom said she received notice from three on my sixth birthday.”
“Well then your assessments should be done you don’t need to visit the squib schools.” The instructor went to mark this on Hermione’s sheet when she spoke up.
“No please I want to tour the schools my friends will attend as well.”
“You don’t plan to move to wizarding England after you graduate? You made friends?”
Hermione nodded, “well of course this is my home with my family I would never leave them. I am not better than any of them.”
The instructor grabbed her hand before leading her out into the hall and having a whispered conversation with Mrs. Wesley before returningto her classroom and calling the next name.
The assessments continued over the months until February 18th when Mrs. Wesley came into the class room with 15 envelopes all bearing the name of a student. “Ok class these are your assessments they will tell you what is believed to be the best fit for you and your future. By this time next year you will be studying to become your best.” She then went down the rows putting each envelope on the desk of the owner.
Hermione was shocked to see Beauxbotons academy, Salem witches' institute, and Hogwarts all listed along with a shorter list to the side under the notice, these are the schools your friends will be touring you are welcome to tour as well. She turned to Anna to show her the list she had received and asked which schools she planned on touring. She then did the same with Chloe and Maria and promised to tour there chosen schools as well. After school ended her three friends cornered her by the tree and all said at once, “We have permission to tour you wizard academies with you as your guest it was written on all of our sheets.”
“Can you believe it I will get to see the inside of a real magical institution” Maria sighed
“Yea I’ve always wanted to see the America school”, Chloe said with a grin
“Oh and Hogwarts I would love to visit Hogwarts Hermione it’s where my wizarding relations all went”
Hermione smiled at all of her friends and said, “Well how bout I take one of you on each tour with me. That way you can all say you went to a magical academy.” The girls all smiled and nodded, “ok well Chloe you can come to the Salem witches’ institute with me as long as your parents say yes. I will take Anna with me to Hogwarts, and Maria can join me on my tour of Beauxbotons academy ok?”
The girls all went home full of excitement for the coming weeks of tours. When Hermione got home her parents were sitting at the table waiting for her.
“Hermione,” her father started, “your mother and I have been talking and as you will be going off to school next year we felt it best to set up a banking account for you to cover your cost. We will be going on Saturday to Gringotts Wizarding Bank in diagon alley. We wanted to get this done before we went on your tours now can we see your list?”
Hermione handed her list over to them and smiled. “They said I could bring a friend with me when I went to visit the schools, and I get to visit the schools that have accepted the girls as well if it is ok with you.”
“Of course dear,” said Hermione’s mom, “but how ever will you decide to bring on each tour?”
“I asked the girls which school they each wanted to tour and they all agreed that Chloe will go to Salem institute, Anna will go to Hogwarts, and Maria will go to Beauxboton.” Her parents smiled and nodded making note of the extra tickets they would need to buy. Soon Hermione was heading to bed so she could head to wizarding London tomorrow to open her new account.
The next day shined bright and sunny for their trip to the bank to withdraw Hermione’s savings and then a short trip by bus to get to diagon ally and the wizarding bank. She was in awe of all the different shops along the alley and especially the large bank that would now hold her money. She clung to her father’s arm as he talked to the goblin behind the counter, “we would like to open an account for our daughter Hermione. She will be attending wizarding academy in the fall and we felt she would need a Gringott’s account to make her transactions easier.” The goblin nodded and handed them a pile of papers to fill out before loading them on a cart and taking them to, vault number 922, Hermione’s new vault.

Snapespersephone

Chapter 9
Hermione woke up bright and early on the day of her tour of beauxbaton with Maria. She had spent a good portion of the night before thinking about what she wanted to wear on this tour and had settled for her flower print sheath dress, with brown low heels, and her brown kimono style jacket. She was so excited that she rushed through breakfast and ran next door to Maria’s house and started banging on the door to get her ready as well. Maria answered the door in an adorable black pea coat, a red sweater dress, knee high white boots and a white knit hat. They joined hands and rushed back to Hermione’s house to wait to leave for their tour.
Soon Mr. Granger had everyone pile into the car and they drove to the airport to fly to France. As soon as they touched down a harried looking woman rushed forward, “are you the grangers?” they nodded and she let out a breath, “alright follow me and I will drive you to Baton village were you will get a ride up to the school.
When they got to the village they were met by a pastel blue coach which took them up to the school. Hermione found the glittering palace breathtaking. The grounds were immaculate and it was quite warm for March. As soon as they got out of the coach they were met by a dark haired girl in a light blue silk jacket and a matching hat. "Hello welcome to Beauxbatons academy of Magic Ms. Granger I am Gabriella Maximus and I will be showing you around the school."
Hermione found the school to be very polished on the inside and as soon as they entered to front door they were all invited to join the students for a light lunch before touring the classes. Hermione found the food to be good and enjoyed the wood nymphs that were singing in the background. Soon the tour was over and the grangers were back on their way home.
When they got home Maria rushed back to her house to tell the other girls about the school she had just saw, and the grangers went inside to drink some tea and discuss the school. “So Hermione my dear what did you think?” Mrs. Granger asked as she handed her the plate of cookies.
“I don’t know mom it is so far away, and I don’t know a lot of French. Everyone was nice though and the classes seemed so interesting. I guess I will look at the other two and then decide.” The grangers smiled at their daughter and finished their tea.
Four days later Hermione woke up to another glorious day and rushed to get a shower before dressing for her tour of Salem witches institute with Chloe. after her shower she slide into her plum three quarter length sleeved dress, black tights, grey heeled loafers and a grey sweater with a belted waist. She rushed down stairs and grabbed a muffin on her way to pick up Chloe for the tour. Chloe answered the door in a tan Burberry trench coat, white slacks and a pair of black heeled loafers. They walked back to Hermione’s house slowly as they discussed the tour of Cromwell academy Hermione had joined the three girls on two days prior. Chloe admitted that she and Anna had both decided against it for next year as they were not interested in becoming nurses, but Maria had already sent back her acceptance and would be starting in the fall. When they reached Hermione’s house they were rushed into the car for the drive to the airport and there flight to Boston Massachusetts.
When they reached the airport in Boston they were met by a black haired woman dressed in a black pencil skirt, white robes, and black heels. She introduced herself as Ms. Standish and asked them to come with her to the institute. Soon they were pulling up to what from the outside looked like a ritzy 10 story hospital but once they were through the gates they were met with a much less sterile vision. There was a river running behind the school and a few building scattered around the grounds made of the same white bricks as the main building.
When the car was parked Ms. Standish took them around the school showing them various classrooms filled with students dressed in crimson robes and hats. They all sat very attentive in the sterile rooms, and if Hermione had not been told this was a school she would of never thought it such the walls were all bare and painted a sterile white. Halfway through the tour Hermione turned to her mother and said, “mom I don’t think this is the school for me it’s so stuffy don’t you think?” Mrs. Granger nodded and soon the tour ended. Hermione gave her thanks for the tour and they headed home. Hermione hoping Hogwarts would meet her needs better, or she would be studying French hard core until fall came.
After a month and a half of touring schools with the other girls Hermione’s final tour was here she woke up with a smile on her face hoping that this would be the school for her. after a quick breakfast of some apple spice oatmeal Hermione slide into her brown and tan plaid short sleeved dress, tan tights, white pea coat, and brown heeled loafers. She then walked to Anna's house to pick her up. Anna met her at the door in a black and tan cowl necked sweeter dress, black tights, and a pair of laced black ankle boots. As they walked up the sidewalk to Hermione’s house Anna and her discussed the schools that Anna and Chloe had chosen to attend in the fall. Anna gushed about St. Deidra academy where she would be training to work in the wizarding world as a store clerk, and the apprenticeship she would be taking on in her 6th year of school. Anna also confided that Chloe had chosen to go to school at Mrs. Wesley’s old school to learn to be a teacher as well. They both were giggling when they reached the house and climbed in the car.
“ok girls there will be a change of pace today we will not be flying anywhere instead we will be met at the train station by one of the professors at Hogwarts so we can ride on the Hogwarts express to go on our tour today. It was a short drive to
Kings cross station where they were met by professor Charity Burbage who helped then through to platform 9 3/4s where they climbed aboard the Hogwarts express. The whole way there Charity talked to the grangers about the muggle world and her job as assitant professor of muggle studies. Soon they reached hogsmeade village and rode in a horseless carriage up to a large castle. The castle has extensive grounds with sloping lawns, flowerbeds and vegetable patches, a loch which (the professor called The Black Lake), a large dense forest (the professor called the Forbidden Forest), several greenhouses and other outbuildings, and what the professor said was a full-size Quidditch pitch. "There is also an owlery, which houses all the owls owned by the school and those owned by students" Professor Burbage said as they climbed out of the carriage and walked up to the front door of the school.
As soon as they entered Hermione was enthralled with the school and how much at home she felt here. Before even starting her tour she turned to her mom and whispered," this is my school mom I just know it." Mrs. granger smiled at her daughter and they walked with the professor enjoying the tour of what Hermione knew would be her home away from home for the next 7 years.
As soon as they got home Hermione hugged her friend and invited her inside. She then grabbed the phone and called Chloe and Maria over to have an impromptu sleepover. As soon as the girls arrived Hermione pulled them upstairs to her room where they all lounged around on her bed, vanity chair, and daybed. She then smiled and said, “Oh girls I am so happy I have finally found the school I will be attending.”
Before she could name the school Maria burst out, “oh please not Beauxbatons we will miss you if you go all the way to France, and who knows you might not ever come back.”
“Oh and not Salem witches’ institute either it is so sterile and drab.” Said Chloe with her nose turned up.
“Hogwarts seemed very warm and welcoming and it would be close enough you could come back on holidays.” Anna said eagerly.
Hermione smiled, “I am going to Hogwarts. I loved the old castle and it felt so homey to me. I can’t wait to start my education there but we will of course have to write each other.” The other girls agreed wholeheartedly before going to sleep for the night.
The next morning they all trudged down the stairs to the kitchen to be met by Mrs. Granger making pancakes.” Oh good girls you up! We need to go to London soon to get your dresses for the debutante ball. It is only a month away, and I am sure Hermione would love to go to Diagon Alley to get a few books to study up on her new school.” She said with a wink, “now run to your houses and make sure it is ok with your parents to go with me today.” The girls rushed home to get permission as Hermione helped her mom clean up the breakfast dishes.
Soon they were on their way to get there dresses for the ball. They walked from shop to shop until they had found exactly what they had wanted before stopping at the leaky caldron for a quick lunch. “Have you girls ever been to diagon alley?” Mrs. Granger asked. The three girls shook their heads no. “Well it is a nice little place to shop so let’s go.” The girls all laughed as they headed to the entrance. Hermione used her finger to touch the correct bricks opening the secret passageway for everyone.
“Ok first stop I need to go to the bank to get some money to shop with then we can get my books and leave.” The girls followed her as she made her way around the street and entered the giant white brick building. Soon they were back at the leaky caldron with a bag of books under Hermione’s arm and some candy Mrs. Granger had bought for all of them.

Snapespersephone

Chapter 10
Finally it was the day before the debutantes’ ball all the girls were excited that they would get set up with their partners for the night today. Their teacher a very tall and regal Mrs. Pandora Malloy (yea that’s right Anna’s grandma teaches elocution) swept into the room and after clearing her voice said, “due to an odd number of girls to boys I have asked a few of my students from the neighboring village to escort three of you tomorrow. Boys come in please.” Three boys walked in and stood next to Mrs. Malloy, “ok here are the match ups when I say you name go to your partner boys. There will be no switching of partners, and there will be no whining either,” she said with a quirked brow, “ok our first couple is Ms. Emily Figg and Mr. David Huffington, Next is Ms. Grace Knott and Mr. Kevin Gable, than is Ms. Anastasia Grayson and Mr. William Preston, than Ms. Persephone Grant and Mr. Tyler Person, than Ms. Hermione Granger and Mr. Neville Longbottom,” the whole class watched as the blonde boy next to Mrs. Malloy stepped over to Hermione, that Ms. Lucinda Long and Mr. Gabriel Prince, than Ms. Lilli Anna Malloy and Mr. Casper Burke” a boy with jet black hair stepped forward and linked his arm with the white blond girl, “ok then Ms. Chloe Sabini and Mr. Joshua Green, and lastly Ms. Maria Wesley and Mr. Bruno Schmidt.” A tall boy with chestnut brown hair approached a blushing Maria Then the whole class look over at their partners, some with smiles and other a little less then pleased. Soon they were all practicing there entrances and the first dance of the ball. At the end of the ball Mrs. Malloy reminded everyone to be on their best behavior the next day or there would be consequences to their actions.
The next day found the four girls in London getting there hair done for that nights ball. As they were all siting there they got to talking about that night. “So Chloe how did you manage to get the best looking guy in school as a partner?” asked Maria.
“Probably the same way you guys got all got matched up with out of town boys.” The other three raised their eyebrows, “we know the teacher.” They all laughed and happily gossiped away. “Did you see the look on Persephone’s face when she found out she was paired with Tyler? I thought she was going to cry.” Said Chloe with a laugh.
“Yea she probably though she would be getting Gabriel because she kept partnering with him every time grandma said to pair up.” Said Anna.
“How did your grandma pick the pairs anyway?” asked Hermione.
“well I know that she put a lot of thought into it I think it had to do with who would look best together I mean look at grace and Kevin if they had different partners they would look horrible but together they seem to soften each other’s rough edges. “Anna replied.
Soon the girls had their hair and makeup done and they headed to Anna’s house to change for the big night. As soon as they stepped into the house a house elf grabbed each girls hand and proceeded to drag her to her own room to help her get changed.
Anna was the first down stairs in her strapless red ball gown. It had a rose printed tulle overlay and an empire sash with a flower detail to accentuate the beaded sweetheart neckline. She had paired this with a crystal rhinestone graduated necklace, matching earrings, a crystal stretch bracelet and silver T-strap high heeled sandals with a jewel detail.
Next was Hermione in her strapless purple ball gown with full pickups, and a black beaded bodice. she had paired this with a four strand layered bead illusion necklace, graduated faceted bead dangle earrings, a black faceted bead bracelet and black satin platform sandals.
After her was Chloe in a blue glitter beaded ball gown with a halter neckline and a beaded belt at the empire waist. She had paired this with a white sequin clutch, flower and teardrop dangle earrings and glitter peep toe high heeled sling backs.
Lastly was Maria in a purple strapless gown with a long layered organza ruffle skirt, black belt and a cheetah print bodice. She had paired this dress with purple satin peep toe platform heels with a bow, a crystal bracelet with a zigzag edge and graduated linear crystal earrings. The girls where soon on their way to the only grand hotel in town to go the ball. As they entered they were directed to the room all the debutantes were to stay in until the announcements started.
After a bout half an hour of the girls talking and comparing dresses they were lined up to be introduced to the town. Pandora was standing at the foot of the stairs with the boys and a scroll. “Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the Toad on the Mold annual debutantes’ ball. These girls and boys have been practicing and learning for 2 years how to carry themselves in polite society and this is their first night to put these skills to the test. Now without further ado I would like to introduce Ms. Emily Figg, Daughter of Reginald and Diana Figg, being escorted by Mr. David huffing ton. “Emily walked down the stairs with practices grace and took the arm of her escort as the room applauded for her.
“Next is Ms. Persephone Grant, daughter of Hubert and Gisela Grant, being escorted by Mr. Tyler Person,” Persephone put her nose in the air and walked down the stairs as if she were better then everyone Before taking the arm of her escort as the room applauded.
“Next is Ms. Anastasia Grayson, the daughter of Nikolas and Svetlana Grayson, being escorted by Mr. William Preston” Anastasia walked down the stairs with an easy grace and smile before taking her escorts arm and walking away while the crowd applauded.
“Next is Ms. Grace Knott, daughter of Theodore and Elisabeth Knott, being escorted by Mr. Kyle Gable.” Grace walked down the stairs almost falling at the end but was caught Kevin with a blush and the crowd applauded for them as well.
“Now we Have Ms. Hermione Granger, Daughter of Robert and Ellen granger, being escorted tonight by Mr. Neville Longbottom." Hermione floated down the stairs taking Neville’s arm as the crowd clapped for her.
“Next we have Ms. Lucinda Long, daughter of Zabian and Esmeralda Long, being escort tonight by Mr. Gabriel Price.” As Lucinda went down the stairs smiling at Gabriel everyone smiled and clapped for her.
“We now have Lilli Anna Malloy, granddaughter of Pandora and the late Percival Malloy, being escorted by Mr. Caspar Burke.” Anna glided down the stairs and took her escorts arm smiling when he crown applauded for her.
“Now we have Ms. Chloe Sabini, Daughter of Royce and Sheila Sabini, being escorted tonight by Mr. Joshua Green.” Chloe smiled at the crowd as she walked down the stairs and took her dates arm and the crowd applauded them.
“Lastly we have Ms. Maria Wesley, niece of Jordan Wesley and his wife Samantha Wesley, being escort by Bruno Schmidt.” Maria floated down the stairs with a smile on her face before taking her escorts arm amid applause from the crowd.
“Now our couple will open the ball.” Pandora turned and cued the band.
The night went on for what seemed like forever before Hermione had a chance to sit down with her date. “Wow this is some night huh Neville?” Neville nodded, “well why don’t you tell me a little bit about yourself.”
Neville blushed slightly then started talking, “well I live with my grams as both of my parents were institutionalized due to injuries from the war, but I will be attending Hogwarts in the fall.”
Hermione smiled at this and replied, “I start Hogwarts in the fall as well. I am so excited although I will miss my friends terrible.”
“Yea I will miss Bruno and Caspar too but Grams said I will meet plenty of wizards to befriend at Hogwarts so I’m not worried about it.” Hermione just nodded and watched her friends having fun together.

Snapespersephone

Chapter 11
Hermione ran to the front door, like she had every other day for 2 weeks, to get the mail and check to see if her Hogwarts acceptance letter had come yet with her school supply list. Her parents had promised her that when it came they could go to London to get the shopping done. They were even letting her go by herself. Hermione let out a squeal when she saw the parchment envelope on the welcome mat. She grabbed it and ran to the kitchen waving it over her head, “it came! It’s here! Mom dad when do we go to London?”
Mr. Granger patted her hand and said, “We will go tomorrow ok sweetheart. While you do you’re shopping your mother and I will visit the shops in London and get a few things we need as well.” Hermione smiled and then gasped.
“Oh I have to tell the girls they will be so excited. They all have their letters and have their uniforms ready for the begin of their school as well. I will be back by dinner.” With that Hermione rushed out the house and next door to grab Maria. As soon as she came to the door Hermione told her to hurry up so they could get Anna and Chloe and they could all look at the Hogwarts letter together.
Soon the girls were all gathered under the big oak tree in Anna’s back yard and Hermione opened her letter and read.
“HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)
Dear Ms. Hermione Granger,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress
Oh and look there is my list of supply I will need to pick up tomorrow in Diagon Alley.”
The girls all sat there in silence when the reality that they were going to different schools and wouldn’t see each other every day. They just hoped there friendship could last through the long times apart without growing too far apart.
Hermione woke up excited the next day and sailed down the stairs for breakfast. Mrs. Granger reminded her that her father wanted to leave by 10 at the latest which would leave her about half an hour to get dressed, ready, and in the car. Hermione downed her breakfast then ran upstairs and slide on her flower trimmed blue handkerchief top over a pair of jeans and threw on her zebra striped heels before heading down stairs to go shopping with her parents.
Once they reached London her father dropped her off in front of the leaky caldron and handed her an envelope with her deposit for Gringotts. She smiled and kissed her parents before heading in to the pub and out the back to the entrance to Diagon alley. She then pulled out her supply list and read it before heading to the bank.
After she had made her deposit she visited the Apothecary, which was fascinating enough to make up for its horrible smell, a mixture of bad eggs and rotted cabbages. Barrels of slimy stuff stood on the floor; jars of herbs, dried roots, and bright powders lined the walls; bundles of feathers, strings of fangs, and snarled claws hung from the ceiling. Hermione asked the man behind the counter for a supply of some basic potion ingredients on the way out she examined silver unicorn horns at twenty-one Galleons each and minuscule, glittery-black beetle eyes (five Knuts a scoop).
Next she visited Potage's Cauldron shop and asked the women behind the counter for 1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2). she then placed her potion ingredients inside and proceeded to carry it down the sidewalk to the next store, Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, she was met by a kind older women who she asked for Three sets of plain black work robes, One plain black pointed hat, and One black winter cloak with silver fastenings. The witch nodded and proceeded to measure Hermione for her new cloths. As this was going on Hermione watched the other people coming and going outside the window.
Soon she was handed her new bundle which was added to her caldron and she continue to the next store. Flourish and Blotts where she handed her booklist over and set all the new school books in her caldron with the rest of her supplies.
She then went to the store she had been waiting for, Ollivander's Wand shop where she purchased a wand. It was Vine, 10¾", dragon heartstring. After her purchase she checked her watch and noticed she had 2 1/2 hours to kill until she had to meet her parents so she went to the magical menagerie and looked around. Soon her time was up and she went back to the leaky caldron to meet her parents.
"Did you get everything you needed dear?" Hermione nodded "good though we were thinking of getting an owl so you could send letters home to be mailed to your friends. Would you like that?" asked her Granger. Hermione nodded and they traveled to Eeylops Owl Emporium where they settled on a nice barn owl before they headed home.
Before she knew it Sept. 1st rolled around and Hermione was watching her father drag her new trunk out the front door and into the trunk of the car. She was on her way to Hogwarts. Hermione glanced down at the travel outfit she had picked for this trip. It was a long sleeved grey top with black belt and button accents, over a pair of white leggings, and black heels. She smiled at what she thought was a stylish outfit. As soon as they reached the station her trunk was loaded on to a trolley and she was wheeling it through the train station being followed by her parents who hugged her about a foot from the platform then turned to leave. Hermione smiled sadly as they left before running through the barrier and handing her trunk and owl off to one of the wizards loading the train. She then grabbed her bag and climbed aboard finding an empty compartment she slide in and began to read Hogwarts a History. She was soon interrupted by a squat little witch selling food off a trolley. Hermione smiled but declined before turning back to her book. About half an hour later there was a knock at the door and a blond head poked in, “hey did you hear Potter is on the train.” The young boy asked. Hermione looked up and shook her head before returning to her book. The boy shut the door with a snort and continued on his way.
As soon as she was sure he had passed she decided she might as well put on her uniform so she would be ready when they arrived at the school. No sooner had she closed the fastenings that her door was thrown open again, “oh hey Hermione have you seen my toad,” asked a much disheveled looking Neville Longbottom.
Hermione rolled her eyes. “No Neville I have been reading since we left but I will help you look for it ok?” the boy nodded and waited for her to come with him. Hermione went down the hall with Neville opening doors and asking about his toad. Close to the front she opened the door to a compartment that just had two boys in it one had messy jet black hair and the other was a redhead like he friend Maria.as she opened the door the red head raised his wand.
"Has anyone seen a toad? Neville’s lost one," she said bored with the search for the stupid toad.
"We’ve already told him we haven't seen it, "said the redhead in a rather irritated voice. She brushed it off when she noticed the raise wand.
"Oh are you doing magic? Let’s see then." she then sat down and waited.
"err all right." said the boy before clearing his throat and reciting "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid, fat rat yellow." he then waved his wand around, but nothing happened.
"Are you sure that's a real spell?" Hermione asked. "Well it's not very good, is it? I've only tried a few simple spells, and it's all worked for me. Oh I'm Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?" she asked curiously.
"I'm Ron Weasley," the red head muttered.
"Harry Potter," said the dark haired boy.
"Are you really?" asked Hermione. "I know all about you. Of course I got a few extra books for background reading, and you’re in Modern Magical History, the Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts, and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century."
"Am I?' as harry looking kind of dazed.
"Goodness, didn't you know, I’d have found out everything I could if it was me," said Hermione. "Do either of you know what house you'll be in? I've been reading up on them, and I hope I'm in Gryffindor, it sounds by far the best; I hear Dumbledore himself was in it, but I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad.....anyway, we'd better go and look for Neville's toad. You two had better change, you know, I expect we'll be there soon." then she turned and left heading on to the next compartment.
Soon the ride was over and Hermione was stepping of the train. She heard a voice saying, “Firs’ years! Firs’ Years over here! “They then followed him down a narrow path to the lake that had a fleet of little boats sitting by the shore. “No more’n four to a boat!” Hermione climbed into a boat with harry Ron, and Neville. As soon as everyone was in a boat the bug man shouted. “Right then – FORWARD!” and the boats started off on their journey to Hogwarts. When they landed everyone climbed out and the giant of a man looked in all the boats where he found Neville’s toad, Trevor. Hermione thought that was a stupid name for a toad but kept that thought to herself.

Snapespersephone

(AN: Please PM me something even if it is to tell me my story sucks)
Chapter 12
As soon as Neville had his toad in hand the large man led them up a passageway in the rocks holding his lamp high so all could see. Soon they came out at last onto smooth, damp grass right into the shadow of the castle Hermione had love upon her tour earlier in the year.
They walked up a flight of stone steps and crowded around the huge ok front door. After making sure everyone made it up safe the man raised a gigantic fist and knocked three times on the castle door. It swung open at once. A tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes stood there with a very stern face.
“The firs’ years, Professor McGonagall,” said the large man.
“Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here.”
She pulled the door wide. The entrance hall was so big you could have fit Hermione’s house in it. The stone walls were lit with flaming torches like the ones at Gringotts, the ceiling was too high to make out, and a magnificent marble staircase facing them lead to the upper floors.
They followed the professor across the flagged stone floor. Hermione could hear the drone of hundreds of voices from a doorway to the right. Hermione felt sure the rest of the school was already in that room, but they were shown into a small, empty chamber off the hall. As they all crowded in, standing a lot closer then they normally would have done, they all looked around nervously.
“Welcome to Hogwarts,” the professor said, the start of term feast will begin shortly, but before you take your seats you must be sorte4d into your houses. The sorting is a very important ceremony because; while you are here your house will be your family within Hogwarts. You will take classes with your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room.”
“The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin, each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, you triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule braking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to your house.”
“The sorting will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting.” Her gaze swept across the room taking different individuals in.
“I shall return when we are ready for you please wait here,” said the professor before she left the chamber.
Everyone started talking at once wondering what they would need to know for the test. Hermione whispered to herself all the spells she’d learned and wondered which she might need for the sorting. As she was going over her mental list something happened that made that boy harry from the train jump, and several people scream. Then every gasped as twenty ghost had just streamed through the back wall. Pearly white and slightly transparent, they glided across the room talking amongst themselves and hardly glanced at the room full of students. From what Hermione could tell they were arguing and a fat little monk was saying: Forgive and forget, I say, we ought to give him a second chance-“
“My dear Friar, haven’t we given peeves all the chances he deserves? He gives all of us a bad name and you know, he’s not really even a ghost, “ a ghost wearing a ruff and tights said before noticing the first years,” I say, what are you all doing here?”
The room was quiet so the Fat Friar, smiled and said, “New students! About to be sorted I suppose?” a few people nodded. “Hope to see you in Hufflepuff! My old house, you know.”
“Move along now,” said a sharp voice, “the Sorting Ceremony’s about the start.” The professor had returned and one by one the ghost exited through the opposite wall. “Now form a ling and follow me,” said the professor. Feeling a sense of excitement Hermione fell in line behind Ron and they all walked out of the chamber and through a pair of double doors into the great hall.
It was just as it had been described in Hogwarts a History with the floating candles, the four long tables, full of students, which were laid with glittering golden dinnerware, and at the top of the hall was another long table where all he teachers were sitting. They all formed a line in front of the head table facing the rest of the students. All the faces started at them with a ghost dotted here and there amongst them shining misty silver. Hermione looked up at the black star dotted ceiling and whispered, “It is bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read about it in Hogwarts a History.” Suddenly the professor placed a four legged stool in front of the first years with a patched, frayed and extremely dirty, pointed wizard’s hat on top of it. Everyone in the room stared at it until the hat twitched. A rip near the brim opened wide ant the hat began to sing. Hermione tuned out most of the song but from what she heard it was a song about itself.
As soon as the song was finished the hall burst into applause and the hat bowed to the four tables and then became quite still again. Hermione heard a lot of sighs of relief and whispered conversations about the fact that they just put on the hat to be sorted.
Professor McGonagall stepped forward holding a long roll of parchment.
“When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted, “she said. “Abbot Hannah!”
A pink faced girl with blonde pigtails stumbled out of line, put on the hat which fell right down over her eyes, and sat down. After a short pause-
“HUFFLEPUFF!” shouted the hat.
The table on the right cheered and clapped as Hannah went to sit with them.
“Bones, Susan!”
“HUFFLEPUFF!” shouted the hat again, and Susan ran over and joined Hannah.
“Boots, Terry!”
“RAVENCLAW!”
The table second from the left clapped this time; several Ravenclaws stood to shake hands as terry joined them.
“Brocklehurst, Mandy” went to Ravenclaw as well, but “Brown Lavender” became the first new Gryffindor, and the table on the far left exploded with cheers.
“Bulstrode, Millicent” then became a Slytherin.  Hermione though they look a little unpleasant at that table.
Next Finch-Fletchley, Justin became a Hufflepuff, and Finnigan, Seamus became a Gryffindor. The nit was Hermione’s turn. She almost ran to the stool and jammed the hat on her head. “Mm, Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. A great mind as well. There’s talent, oh my goodness, yes and a thirst to prove yourself, interesting so where to put you. You would do great with the witty Ravenclaws of the brave Gryffindors but which is the better fit. Better be GRYFFINDOR!”
She jumped off the seat and rushed to her new table. She was joined by Neville who had run off with the hat still on his head and he had to jog back amid the gales of laughter to give it to “MacDougal, Morage.”
Next swaggered up a blond boy who could have been Anna’s twin. The hat had barely touché this boy called Draco Malfoy’s head when it screamed, “SLYTHERIN!” he went and joined his friends looking quite pleased with himself.
The Gryffindors were also joined by Harry Potter, who sent an explosion through the hall, Dean Thomas a tall black boy, and Ron Weasley whose whole family seemed to already be at the table. McGonagall rolled up her scroll and took the sorting hat away after “Zabini, Blaise” became a Slytherin. Hermione looked up at headmaster Dumbledore who had gotten to his feet. He was beaming at the students, his arms opened wide, as if nothing could have please him more that to see them all there.
“Welcome!” He said. “Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you! He sat down as the dishes filled with food. Hermione took some roast beef, boiled potatoes, and some carrots and started to each.
“That does look good,” said the ghost in the ruff sadly watching the students eats.
“Can’t you-?” started Harry
“I haven’t eaten for nearly four hundred years,” said the ghost. “I don’t need to, of course, but once does miss it. I don’t think I’ve introduced myself? Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington at your service. Resident ghost of Gryffindor Tower.”
“I know who you are! Shouted Ron. “My brothers told me about you, you’re Nearly Headless Nick!”
“I would prefer you call me Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-“the ghost began stiffly before being interrupted by Seamus Finnigan.
“Nearly Headless? How can you be nearly headless?”
“Like this.” Said the irritated Ghost who seized his left ear and pulled. His whole head swung off his neck and fell onto his shoulder as if on a hinge. Looking pleased with the looks he got the ghost continued,
“So new Gryffindors! I hope you’re going to help us win the house cup this year. Slytherin has gotten it six years in a row! The Bloody Baron’s becoming almost unbearable, he’s the Slytherin ghost. After popping his head back into its spot the ghost floated away and the deserts appeared. Hermione took a large slice of Apple Pie with vanilla bean ice cream and had just started eating when the talk turned to families.
“I’m half and half,” said the sandy haired Seamus. “Me dad’s a Muggle. Mom didn’t tell him she was a witch till after they were married. Bit of a nasty shock for him.”
The others laughed.
“What about you Neville?” Ron asked.
“Well my gran brought me up and she’s a witch,” said Neville, “but the family thought I was a squib for ages. My Great Uncle Algie kept trying to catch me off guard and force some magic out of me, he pushed me off the end of Blackpool pier once, I nearly drowned, but nothing happened until I was eight. Great Uncle Algie came round for dinner, and he was hanging me out of an upstairs window by the ankles when my Great Auntie Enid offered him a meringue and he accidentally let go. But I bounced, all the way down the garden and into the road. They were all really please, Gran was crying, she was so happy. And you should have seen their faces when I got in here- they thought I might not have enough magic to come, you see. Great Uncle Algie was so please he bought me my toad.”
On his other side Hermione was talking to Ron’s brother Percy, “I do hope they start lessons right away, there’s so much to learn, I’m particularly interested in Transfiguration, you know, turning something into something else, of course, it’s supposed to be very difficult.”
“You’ll be starting small, just matches into needles and that sort of thing.” suddenly herry clapped a hand to his head with an ouch. “What is it?” asked Percy
Soon the deserts too disappeared and professor Dumbledore got to his feet again. The hall fell silent as he gave a few start of term notices, some reminders from the caretaker Mr. Filch, an announcement about quidicth try outs, and a special announcement about the third floor corridor on the right side being out of bounds to everyone who didn’t want to die. There were some laughs but Hermione felt he was serious. Then he led them in the Hogwarts song. Then they were all sent off to their beds. It was a long walk up to the tower with the portrait of the fat lady in the pink dress. After the password, Caput Draconis, was given everyone climbed up to their rooms and fell fast asleep.