: Malise BloodfangAge
: Queen's HunterPersonality:
Hot tempered and vicious, Malise lives up to the heritage of her people in true fashion, judging people on their fighting ability and little else. If you cannot wield a weapon or crack a skull, it is very likely she will either not give you the time of day, or kill you outright. In most instances, it is best to hope she just doesn’t notice you. Never one to back down from a challenge, Malise made a reputation for herself in the fighting pits of the Queen’s warriors, killing warriors twice her age and experience without blinking.
She even killed her twin brother, and when asked hardly seems bothered by the memory, claiming he died a warrior’s death, fighting till the bitter end. The fact that the fight was ordered by the Queen herself to test the Bloodfang sibling’s loyalty doesn’t seem to bother the young huntress in the least, and if anything, is a mark of pride. Clearly she passed the test when she removed the head from her brother’s shoulders with one clean slice of her blade, because moments later, still covered in blood and holding her brother’s head by his hair up for the Queen to see, she was named one of the Queen’s favored hunters.
The rank is one she takes seriously, and not just because it meant the removal of the heavy steel collar from around her slender throat, but because it is something she had to fight tooth and nail for the honor of being.
Everything Malise does, she does with great passion… from fighting to drinking (both favored past times of her people). Despite this, however, her dedication to the life of a warrior and hunter has left her somewhat naïve and ignorant of other realities in life. She’s never known the tender touch of a lover, nor even the brutal taking of a man crazy with desire for her. This might be because any man who’s even tried to get close to do something of that nature has been threatened (and most often simply killed for thinking he was worthy).
When asked if she will ever take a mate, she has answered simply that she will take one when one proves himself worthy of her. How exactly one might go about doing that is something she’s left vague, though knowing her it likely involves blood, alcohol, or both.Biography:
Born far to the north amid a war-loving people, Malise knew weaponry, horsemanship, and ships from the moment she was able to walk. Her twin brother was no different, and the two showed promise in the martial pursuits from an early age. Their people were the last to fall prey to the Queen, the war-like culture of the different clans of the north bringing them to band together to fight the Queen's forces. They were aided by the locale of their homes... in the harsh tundras and high mountains, it is difficult to track people during good weather, and almost impossible to find a native during the harsh seasons, which dominate most of the year.
When they finally fell to the Queen's forces, many clans were able to escape back in to the mountains where some continue to fight as part of the rebellion and others simply keep their distance, evading the Queen's forces.
Most, however, were either cut down, tried as traitors, or taken as slaves. After their parents were killed as traitors, Malise and her brother were taken as slaves. They were still children, merely nine years old, and their skill with weapons and the arts of war showed such promise that they were immediately forced in to strict training regiments. The twins thrived, and over the years became focuses among the fighting pits, used to both train the Queen's slave-soldiers and to entertain those high among the Queen's favorites. When the Queen came to notice their promise, she decided that their loyalty should be tested, for the next stage in their training and service to her would be to remove their collar and make them one of her hunters... the people chosen to hunt down her enemies and “deal” with them.
The way she would test their loyalty? By pitting the twins against each other. The fight would be to the death, and the winner would be elevated to a coveted position directly serving the Queen. Malise and her brother squared off, and the fight was a vicious, long one, with the twins evenly matched in most things. It was a mixture of skill and speed that helped Malise to win out over her sibling, and in the end she severed his head with a single stroke of her blade – a weapon she took from a senior fighter in the pits two years prior.
She lifted her brother's head from the mud and held it out, showing it to the Queen. His blood and her own still coated her pale form when the Queen gave her her new title... that of the Queen's own hunter, of which there were only a limited few. Despite having to kill her brother, Malise holds no ill will toward the Queen, as she was raised to believe that only the powerful and the strong are fit to rule... and the Queen's magic makes her more strong than any other so far.
It is for this reason she has no problem swearing her loyalty to the woman and serving her diligently, meting out death wherever necessary.Appearance:
Standing at a mere 5’0”, Malise doesn’t seem terribly imposing to most, but it is well known that especially among her people, looks can be deceiving. With their tall, broad shouldered mountain-like men and their short, curvy women, most wouldn’t expect their women to be just as fierce in fighting as their men, but they would be wrong. Porcelain hued skin and bright red hair further hint at her northern heritage, and a pair of blue-green eyes stare out from an unusually sweet looking face.
A dragon tattoo decorates the side of her neck, the whisps of black ink curling around each other in a tribal styled rendering, a mark of her clan. Malise is blessed with full breasts, a slender waist, and full “child birthing” hips, like most of her kind. These curves often hide the compact, powerful muscle capable of both overt strength and uncanny speed. Most often she can be found wearing simple cloth undergarments covered by sparse layers of leather and fur, and a few choice pieces of plate. Combat Information:Weapon(s):
The following is a list of weapons regularly carried on her person when out hunting, though not nearly all of the weapons she is familiar with.
- Dual Short Swords – Carried crossed against her back, Malise took these swords from men she felled in the fighting rings over the years. Though they serve as trophies, they are also of impressive make and she cares for them well.
- Round Shield – Typical of her people, Malise carries a thick, round shield. Atypical, however, is the wickedly sharp blade that curls around the top of the shield, making it a weapon all on its own outside of the obvious use in bashing her enemy. When not being carried on her arm, this is often strapped to her back, over the sheathes of her swords.
- Two Daggers - Carried in her boots, these daggers are nearly the length of her forearms.
- Battle Axes – Smaller than their large two-handed cousins, Malise’s one-handed axes are heavier than they look, but they allow her to move faster than a longer axe would. These are most often carried on the saddle of her horse.
- Short Bow – Though far from the most skilled archer, Malise does carry a short bow and a quiver of arrows. These are most often used for hunting food than people, as she prefers to do most of her killing up-close-and-personal, but she is not averse to using her bow to bring down an opponent if needs be.
- Combat – Close Quarters– Malise is particularly skilled in close-combat, preferring to fight using weapons such as swords, battle axes, and daggers. There are few in the world who can hope to equal her, especially few in her age group.
- Hunting – Part of becoming the Queen's Hunter was proving herself an adequate hunter... both of game and people. Malise has an uncanny ability to follow both instinct and trails to run down anyone who may be wanted by the queen.
- Tracking – Associated with hunting, tracking involves the art of finding trails left behind by people and game moving through the wilderness. This is slightly less effective in urban areas like towns and cities, but is still an important part of her job.
- Horsemanship – While some may prefer to get around on foot, Malise's people have been horse people for as long as any legends have told. Their preferred horse type (of which Malise has one) are the strong, hearty, large horses commonly found in the mountains and cold regions.
- Drinking – This is as much a skill as anything else to Malise's people. Laugh all you like, but she can drink most men three times her size under the table and still be a competent fighter.
- Fearless – For as long as she can remember, Malise has never felt true fear. Perhaps she lacks a drive for survival, or perhaps she's merely trained that part of her personality in to some dark recess of her mind... either way, she is the type to walk in to the jaws of death without batting an eyelash.
- Unattached – Malise has no family, and no friends, meaning she is unattached in the purest sense of the word. This makes it easy for her to pick up and move from one place to the other, and gives her a unique lack of perception when it comes to killing other people's family and friends, which means she experiences little to no guilt.
- Dedicated – Dedicated to her cause, Malise will do anything to complete her mission.
- Northern Blood – Malise's people are from the mountains and the frozen shores of the north, making them hearty and resistant to cold. Though she only spent part of her younger years there, she is no less resistant to the cold natural to that area.
- Unyielding – Determined to a fault and unable to turn down a challenge, Malise is one to look all challenges and challengers directly in the eye, unflinching and unafraid. This is less a “pride thing” and more a “bat-shit-crazy thing”.
Sexual Information:Sexual Nature:
- Unyielding – This is as much a weakness as it is a strength, as there may come a day when Malise meets a challenge she cannot win.
- Petite – Though she is deceptively strong, Malice is still limited by her small stature. This tends to be a problem when anything that requires brute shows of strength or height.
Malise is bisexual, though unaware of this fact. Still a virgin, she refuses to take someone to bed who has not proven themselves worthy of her, though once she finds that man, she will follow the traditions and natures of her people and most likely submit herself to him and his pleasure.Turn Ons & Offs: Ons/OffsOther Information: