You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 05:46:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Walking dead fans  (Read 338 times)

Offline TiseTopic starter

Walking dead fans
« on: October 12, 2013, 09:56:48 PM »
Am I the only one exited for the season premiere of the walking dead? Come on people I know there's got to be atleast 5 of you who are just as excited as I am.

Offline GentleMstr

• Beware those that tell you they love you.
  • Suspended
  • Seducer
  • Master of Sinful pleasures, Yoda
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Walking dead fans
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 01:58:15 PM »
I thought it was a good episode, some predictable parts, but over all a good season premier. I am surprised there are not more fans on here, though.

Offline TiseTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 09:26:13 PM »
Yeah i was shocked to because I've talked to a few people on here who are fans. The premier was good however it's got me questioning something. The way how that kid died at the end. Was he bit before? Did he has a pervious condition? Or is there now some kind of disease that's being introduced in this season?

Offline JadeArwen

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 03:13:25 AM »
yeah I'm so behind on walking dead, I don't even know what's going on. Last time I got to watch it the sheriffs wife was pregnant with a baby and the little boy got shot or sick from some thing. Don't have cable anymore only internet.

Offline Iniquitous

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 10:12:42 AM »
Or is there now some kind of disease that's being introduced in this season?

Ding Ding Ding

Offline RainyHigh

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 11:12:46 AM »
Ding Ding Ding

Well f*ck. It looks like it's zombies: 1 billion humans: zero. This show makes humans out to be so helpless, all the odds are against them and now they make the odds even higher--if it were possible. I'm still going to watch it anyways. xD

Offline scarletgender

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 04:19:42 AM »
I kind of feel that the Walking Dead is in a bit of a rut.

I don't feel that "just surviving" is an engaging enough premise to keep a show running.  I loved the first season as there was movement to different locations, trying to figure out what was going on, getting radio messages from other groups, finding the lab.

I feel like the characters need to be working towards something - a safe haven, a cure, anything.  Something to focus the drama.  I am into the characters which is what keeps me watching, but being stuck in the house in the second series, and now being stuck in the prison, its just too stagnant.

Offline Shewolf

• ♠ Some pigs are more equal than others ♠ ♥ ~Kat-Whuggler~ ♥ A surly lady in tremor ~ The stars that climb from her bowels, those stars make towers on vowels
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • W(olf)huggler - Giver of W(olf)huggles =>Whuggles
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 06:08:44 AM »
They should have never cut budget on it and fired writer Frank Darabont.
It all went a bit downhill from then on.
Still, I keep watching  ;)
#postapocalypsejunkie  ;D

Offline GentleMstr

• Beware those that tell you they love you.
  • Suspended
  • Seducer
  • Master of Sinful pleasures, Yoda
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 08:09:43 AM »
I was under the impression that the last two seasons had a larger budget than the second, and is why there was some additional conflicts and the such. This season has been a bit ok, but could be better.

Offline Shewolf

• ♠ Some pigs are more equal than others ♠ ♥ ~Kat-Whuggler~ ♥ A surly lady in tremor ~ The stars that climb from her bowels, those stars make towers on vowels
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • W(olf)huggler - Giver of W(olf)huggles =>Whuggles
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 08:22:05 AM »
They had cut the budget for Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead and gave the Lions share to Mad Men, eventhough they did not have the highest ratings.
The Walking Dead did, but seeing that it was their first season, they bet on the "reliable" horse.

They also wanted more episodes produced, with less money and fired Frank Darabont.
Maybe they knew he wouldn't do what they wanted.
Well, the result has been evident, better budget or not: it has never gone back to as good as it was in the first six episodes. (Or so I think)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:23:19 AM by Shewolf »