Defenders of the Mechanical Kingdom: A Disney RP (Interest Thread)

Started by LordImperial, October 12, 2013, 12:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordImperial

Defenders of the Mechanical Kingdom
A Steampunk-Magical Adventure Entertainment

At the heart of reality, there lies a kingdom where all the realms of magic intersect.  At one time, it was known as the Magic Kingdom, but as the years went on and realms which used technology instead of (or in addition to) magic, the kingdom became a Vernian magic-steampunk utopia.  Benevolently ruled by the sorcerer Yensid and his cabal of wizards and faeries, the Mechanical Kingdom has been a place where good ultimately triumphs over evil, true love conquers all, and the heroes and heroines find their "happily ever after..."

... until now.  The Greek god of the Underworld, Hades, has formed an alliance of villains, evil faeries, and assorted ne'er-do-wells and, backed by the stolen eldritch power of the Crystal of the Mechanical Kingdom, has laid siege to the kingdom, capturing Yensid and Merlin and driving Flora, Fauna, and Meriweather into exile.  But hope is not completely lost.  The Genie of the Lamp, freed by Aladdin after their adventures, has gathered as many heroes and princesses as he could find, in the hopes of defeating Hades and his allies and freeing Yensid and Merlin.

So at any rate, here's the idea:  I'm looking for people to play Disney Heroes and Princesses, though I'm willing to entertain the idea of Disney movie-universe-based OCs.  I'm considering using the Amber Diceless RPG system, though I could just as easily go fully freeform (though ADRPG is practically freeform anyway).

Appropriate source material for characters:
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
Tangled
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Atlantis: the Lost Empire/Tarzan
(same universe, based on the Tarzan animated series)
Mulan
Pocahontas
Peter Pan
Brave
Treasure Planet
Alice in Wonderland
Robin Hood
101 Dalmatians
The Princess and the Frog
The Emperor's New Groove
Tron
Enchanted
Mary Poppins
Pirates of the Caribbean
Who framed Roger Rabbit?
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
The Lion King
Up
The Incredibles

Marvel Comics/Marvel Cinematic Universe
Star Wars Expanded Universe

Vaulera

Kolbrandr

I'm quite fond of the Amber system, so expressing some nominal interest.

MagicalMayham

Rebellion against a tyrant is obedience to God. ~Benjamin Franklin
In this world its not faith that saves us but Defiance. ~Benjamin Franklin
Sex.  In America an obsession.  In other parts of the world a fact.  ~Marlene Dietrich
To hear many religious people talk, one would think God created the torso, head, legs and arms, but the devil slapped on the genitals.  ~Don Schrader
No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

LordImperial

Okay, for those of you who've expressed at least nominal interest, which characters would you be interested in portraying?

MagicalMayham

Sex.  In America an obsession.  In other parts of the world a fact.  ~Marlene Dietrich
To hear many religious people talk, one would think God created the torso, head, legs and arms, but the devil slapped on the genitals.  ~Don Schrader
No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Caela

Would love to play a slightly older Merida (Brave). Love that girl's spunk and sheer stubbornness!

LordImperial

All things considered, having the characters be at least 18 years old is probably in our best interest. *smirks*  While the focus of the story won't be sex, it's not out of the question for such things to happen - even between characters who aren't normally connected.

MagicalMayham

LordImperial

I think I may go ahead and start an OOC thread for this game, if we've got more than nominal interest, and those of you who wish to play can officially claim your characters.

Kolbrandr

LordImperial

It's very probable that I will, yes.  Most likely with a modified point-buy list inspired by Infinite Amber, and building (with auction) on 150 points.  I'll post the list when I start the OOC thread.

Kolbrandr

Marie Reynolds

I would be interested in playing an Original Character from the Star Wars Expanded Universe, Would a force sensitive Chiss Senator's aide who is a skilled surgeon  and has even developed skills as a force healer as well be a good fit?Also if I may pm you about some background points on this character to see if you would be willing to allow them in the game cause these things i would rather have fellow pc's discover through rp.

Kolbrandr

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on October 13, 2013, 01:45:44 AM
I would be interested in playing an Original Character from the Star Wars Expanded Universe, Would a force sensitive Chiss Senator's aide who is a skilled surgeon  and has even developed skills as a force healer as well be a good fit?Also if I may pm you about some background points on this character to see if you would be willing to allow them in the game cause these things i would rather have fellow pc's discover through rp.

If the rules being used here for char gen are Amber's, you can probably aim a bit higher in your conception of the character, to put it one way. (a positive total in the stats Amber uses puts you wellllll beyond the average human being)

Marie Reynolds

Its story stuff not so much crunchy bits that i want to clear more then anything else. Thanks for the advise though.

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

LordImperial

I need to do a last little bit of conversion for a custom power set for this chronicle, and once I'm done, as soon as I can get it posted online, I will.

And Marie, go ahead and message me.  I'd like more information about the character.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

LordImperial

Kolbrandr

LordImperial