You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 12:33:42 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: US Capitol on Lock Down  (Read 694 times)

Offline Bloodied PorcelainTopic starter

• E's Masked Lady ~ Swamp Witch ~ Sisterkitten ~ Little Red ~ Crowley ~ Baby Girl ~ Muse Crack ~ Code Monkey ~ LLS ~ Favorite ~ Good Girl ~ Pointe Shoes & Combat Boots
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Captain Of Team Fuck Up Your Sheets
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
US Capitol on Lock Down
« on: October 03, 2013, 01:48:18 PM »
The United States Capitol was placed on lockdown Thursday afternoon after shots were fired in the vicinity of the chamber. At least one Capitol Police officer was injured, officials said

The FBI was responding to the scene, and a helicopter landed in front of the Capitol. A message from the Capitol Police ordered anyone in a House office to "shelter in place."

"Close, lock and stay away from external doors and windows," the message said.

The House recessed, and the Senate went into a quorum call dispensing momentarily with its official business shortly thereafter.

Source here.

Offline gaggedLouise

• Quim Queen | Collaborative juicy writer
  • Champion
  • Enchanter
  • Bound, gagged and unarmed but still dangerous.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: US Capitol on Lock Down
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »
NBC and other networks are saying a female driver rammed the White House gates with a car, then drove up to the Capitol, got out there and fired several shots before being shot herself (by the police or security folks, likely). This isn't confirmed by the police yet, but it is reported by a couple of tv news networks.

• E's Masked Lady ~ Swamp Witch ~ Sisterkitten ~ Little Red ~ Crowley ~ Baby Girl ~ Muse Crack ~ Code Monkey ~ LLS ~ Favorite ~ Good Girl ~ Pointe Shoes & Combat Boots
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 02:30:48 PM »
NBC and other networks are saying a female driver rammed the White House gates with a car, then drove up to the Capitol, got out there and fired several shots before being shot herself (by the police or security folks, likely). This isn't confirmed by the police yet, but it is reported by a couple of tv news networks.

Suspect in custody, say police

Online Dashenka

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 02:43:24 PM »
The suspect who had a child in the car was shot,

What a pathetic waste of oxygen that woman is. Getting yourself shot in front of a child. Bravo. Selfish b*tch. Is she dead?

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 02:45:15 PM »
What a pathetic waste of oxygen that woman is. Getting yourself shot in front of a child. Bravo. Selfish b*tch. Is she dead?

Don't know yet. Police haven't released her condition.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 02:47:05 PM »
Uh...didn't the article you just linked say 'shot and killed'?

Online Dashenka

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 02:48:13 PM »
It does now. Must have been updated.

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 02:49:46 PM »
A lot of news sites update existing pages instead of releasing new ones, so it's hard to keep track. =/

Online Dashenka

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 02:51:13 PM »
Here's to hoping the child wasn't hers or has a father to go to.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 03:17:29 PM »

I'm reserving comment till more of the story comes out. This is a desperate time for some folks. That can tear a person to pieces and drive folks to wild actions.

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 03:20:03 PM »
I'm reserving comment till more of the story comes out. This is a desperate time for some folks. That can tear a person to pieces and drive folks to wild actions.

+1

That being said... all I can think about is how terrified that baby must have been after the crash and everything. Poor thing. :(

Offline Silver

• S' Lovely Iridescent Wife | D's 'Gangster' Wifey | Enigmatic Thoughtful Conundrum ♡
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: Where Schories Inspires ♡ Deep within Dreams and Winegum ♡
  • No matter where I go... here I am...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 03:21:22 PM »

+2

Yes we do not know, it might have been mental illness for all we know. It's not right to judge until all of the facts are had.

Online Dashenka

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 03:21:44 PM »

Without the child in the car... yes.

Why bring a child when you're doing something like this?

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 03:25:34 PM »
Without the child in the car... yes.

Why bring a child when you're doing something like this?

Maybe she was a single parent who didn't have anywhere to leave the child? Maybe everything was fine but the child's crying pushed her to a breaking point? There's no way of knowing what was happening in her life at this point so we shouldn't be drawing too many conclusions.

Offline gaggedLouise

• Quim Queen | Collaborative juicy writer
  • Champion
  • Enchanter
  • Bound, gagged and unarmed but still dangerous.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »

Told the OP in a pm twenty minutes ago, I'm somewhat surprised this kind of thing hasn't been happening in some crisis-stricken countries in Europe. Yes, there are a lot fewer guns over here but the despair and anger in some places are every bit as deep. And in Norway (which is not touched by the crisis) you essentially only needed one man with guns to have some heinous acts committed.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 07:04:12 PM »
Many murder/suicides that involve children (and let's face it, shooting up a government building is essentially 'suicide by cop') also involve a parent who believes that they and the child are better off dead than in whatever situation has driven the parent to the breaking point.  I doubt she believed that either of them would survive.

Offline Ebb

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 11:38:02 PM »
It seems that the woman used her car as a weapon but was otherwise unarmed. The only shots fired were by the police.

The woman is dead, her one year old child is alive and apparently well. One police officer suffered minor injuries.