The cowboy in me

Started by Misterme, October 01, 2013, 08:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misterme

He woke up before the morning sunrise only to realize that he was all alone. No wife to wake up to or children frolicking in the yard. All he had was his best friend and sidekick lucky. "well lucky, i guess its getting close to round up the heard and get on the move to dodge." This was not good news for lucky because that meant hard days and long nights to help Chep keep the herd together.

Misterme

Chep went to the stall to get his mare ready to go to town for supplies so that he could make the long trip to dodge. Staples out on the open range were more than a want it was a need. A couple of boxes of bullets wouldn't hurt the situation none. He ran into a woman that he had his eye trained on for some time in the livery with her steed. Maggie Mae was no stranger to chep seeing how she would, on occasion, go with him on his trip to dodge. "Ma'am" chep said to her. "My word, if isn't Chep Johnston alive and well! Been a few months kind sir. Is lucky going again on this trip?" Lucky, oh lord he left lucky back at the ranch. He had done that on occasion when his head was in the clouds.

Misterme

Chep loved having Maggie Mae join in on his trips to dodge. It gave him someone to carry on a conversation with. Lucky was good company also but he was just that. Chep loved to sing when it was time to make camp and Maggie always had a smile on her face listening to him. There were time when she would even join in on the song.