You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 28, 2016, 06:36:21 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Driskoll's Ideas and Inspirations: Halo, Medieval Horror, and Batman  (Read 310 times)

Offline DriskollTopic starter

Hello there, and welcome to my thread! I am Driskoll. I've been off E for quite some time but I'd like to get back to writing again. Currently I'm in the market for some new stories, so have a gander below to see if anything catches your fancy. While there are only a few now, I do plan to update this thread with more pictures and story ideas as they occur to me/when time permits. If you are interested please send me a PM instead of posting here, and take a look at my O/O page. Please feel free to PM me with your own ideas too if none of these are appealing.

Stars Above

I'd like to write something base in the Haloverse. I'm looking for any Lady, Lord, or Liege up for writing a bit of military sci-fi, though what I have in mind goes a bit beyond that scope.

Name: Stars Above

Content: Light

Setting: Sci-Fi, Space, Colony Planets, Wartime

Scenario: The story would start well into the Human-Covenant War, but sometime before the fall of Reach and the events of the first game. My character would be a Spartan-II, the first generation of super soldiers originally designed to fight insurrectionists. Abducted at young ages and forced to undergo years of grueling physical training and mental reconditioning, Spartans lose most of their memory and concern for their families and homes. So when one Spartan-II goes AWOL, leaving his post before hijacking a small ship bound for an outer colony world, the response from the Office of Naval Intelligence is as severe as the situation is unheard of. But when Covenant ships arrive and start glassing the planet surface just as the UNSC arrives to recover the missing Spartan, what directive takes precedence? Saving the lives of innocent colonists, or retrieving valuable property?

Requirements: Any Lady, Lord, or Liege willing to play someone sent to capture and detain my Spartan character. I haven't been able to come up with what I think would be an appropriately sized group for this, so I'm very open to recommendations. I could see my partner playing another Spartan (gen II or III), an ODST or marine, or even a captain or officer aboard the ship sent to reclaim my character. I would strongly prefer a partner that has read at least the first four books from this series however, as I believe that knowledge is going to be important while writing in this universe. Also, due to the rather stunted emotional capabilities of the average Spartan and the nature of the setting, I don't see this as a story that would contain a lot of physical intimacy or sex between our characters. I understand that I'm asking for a lot, and I apologize in advance, but I'm looking for something pretty specific here simply because I'm such a fan of the setting.

Of all my potential stories thus far, this is the least developed in terms of plot and content. I have idea for a setting that's a bit of a mash-up between Game of Thrones, Dark Souls, and Lovecraftian Horror. I'm looking for a partner willing to help me world build for a while before we ever start writing the actual story. If that sounds appealing please read on.

Name: ?

Content: Variable. I could see the interaction between our characters being light to substantial depending on how our characters are placed in the world.

Setting: Medieval, Dark Fantasy, Horror

Scenario: As stated above, I don't have a whole lot of solid ideas on the plot yet. I do want the characters and people of this world to primarily exist in rural towns and villages, castles, and perhaps a few cities fortified by stone walls and the like. I envision the outside environment to primarily be forest or sprawling grasslands. Yet perhaps the average person is afraid to go outside because of the twisted horrors that come out at night? What if the problem is so bad that humans must live in protected settlements once the sun sets, otherwise they'll be slaughtered by seemingly unintelligent monstrosities, who's origins and intentions are completely unknown?

As for what our characters would be doing in this world, that's certainly up for discussion as well. The obvious answer is to discover the origin of the creatures and stop them, but honestly that seems a little boring to me. I imagine that this has been the way of things for centuries perhaps, and the people of this world will have learned to grudgingly accept things the way the are. I think it might be more interesting to write with the creatures as a constant obstacle to be aware of and overcome. How would trade, communication, or war be conducted in a medieval society with grotesque homicidal masses of flesh and teeth roaming the countryside at night? I'm not at all opposed to discovering the nature of the horrors though, but I'd like for it to not be the sole or even main focus of the story.

Requirements: Any Lady, Lord, or Liege willing to help me craft this world, then write about it with me. Usually I like to have a more well developed idea before I advertise it, but I think there's something to be gained in cooperatively building a world with someone. Please note, I'm not going to vet anyone on their world building skills or ask how many times they've been a GM or anything like that. All I'm looking for is someone who's interested in this basic setup and willing to give it a shot.

Vigil of the Bat

Name: Vigil of the Bat

Setting: Post-Apocalyptic, Dystopia, Superhero

Scenario: A final confrontation between the heroes and villains of Earth left the world on the brink of complete destruction. Vast areas of the surface remain uninhabitable, and all those who had the ability to leave their home planet have long since gone. Still, humanity has managed to cling to life in some places, but two centuries later much of the world is still a wasteland. Those that did survive the destruction of Gotham eventually rebuilt, refurbishing what they could while constructing anew atop the ruins. New Gotham is a disfigured monument to the sins of the past, but the only place that many can call home. And even with the new, constant struggles that its denizens suffer through, the problems that have always plagued Gotham still manage to rear their ugly heads.

But deep beneath the Earth, an old spirit toils. The body of Bruce Wayne has long since turned to dust, but an artificial intelligence created in his image yet lives. Long has it kept a muted vigil over the living corpse of the city. Damaged and grief stricken, it can do little but watch and wait, hoping to find a worthy successor to the cowl. And without its dark knight, history has repeated itself as Gotham festers with crime anew. But the time of the bat's watch is drawing to a close. A new bat must be chosen, before the last hope for humanity is gone. And those who prey on the innocent, the helpless, the downtrodden, will know what it is to fear the night.

Requirements: Any Lady, Lord, or Liege willing to write a post-apocalyptic Batman story with me. There are quite a few ways this could play out, but for this first part I think I'd like to keep the story relatively short. If we find we write well together, we can discuss revisiting this setting with new goals/antagonists. As for who we would play, that's a bit up in the air. I would enjoy playing Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Azrael, or perhaps even an entirely original character inspired by the legend of Batman.

Signal Lost (NSFW)

I'd like to do a story loosely based in the Android Universe. I'm looking for a partner (lady, lord, or liege) that would be willing to play opposite my character in such a setting.

While prior knowledge or experience with said universe would be great, all that is required is someone willing to give it a shot! I am by no means well versed with the universe myself. The idea that follows is not set in stone, so if you like what you see but would like to tweak some things that's perfectly alright.

Name: Signal Lost

Setting: Sci-Fi, Cyberpunk, Dystopian Future

Scenario: The story would take place in the distant future where cyber criminals routinely connect their conscious minds to the Net and attempt to steal valuable information from various corporate servers. Some do it for profit, while others simply enjoy causing disruption and watching corporate stocks fall as a result. Your character would belong to a group of infamous hackers, until one day the unthinkable happens. A routine raid on a Weyland server is stopped by another hacker, my character, and as a result your character is knocked out cold. They awake to find corporate security raiding their home and destroying their equipment before they are taken away by force.

After being brought to the head of the cyber defense division your character is offered a simple choice. Work for a corporation they hate to track down and eliminate their former teammates through the Net, or spend the rest of their life locked away in a corporate prison. The deal seems simple enough, even if it is horrible, but is there any other option? And what of this mystery hacker that stopped your character in the first place? Is he simply a cold blooded mercenary, or in a predicament of his own? Would you even care after what he's gotten your character into?

Requirements: Any Lady, Lord, or Liege to play the role of the runner. I'm looking to explore the themes of imprisonment, coercion, anguish, and temptation, in this case all coming from the corporation that essentially owns both of our characters. While the setup involves my character placing yours in what would become a shared predicament, I would be interested in seeing if a kind of affection could develop between our characters. Personally I feel something like that would take quite a long time to develop, so I would require a partner willing to write for quite some time without a sex scene. Please note, the images provided are meant only for inspiration. My partner will of course have full control over how their runner character looks and acts.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:38:03 AM by Driskoll »

Offline DriskollTopic starter

Re: Driskoll's Ideas and Inspirations: Halo, Medieval Horror, and Batman
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 09:54:34 PM »
Updated 10/5/16

Updated "Signal Lost"
Added "Stars Above"

Updated 10/7/16

Added "Unnamed"
Added "Vigil of the Bat"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 12:40:59 PM by Driskoll »