You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 06:29:18 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dungeon World (Interest Check)  (Read 877 times)

Online AndyZ

Re: Dungeon World (Interest Check)
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »
I'm still here.  I'd imagine several of the others who posted before are as well.  How many do you want?

Offline Chaosfox

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »
I never left >.<

Offline RedPhoenixTopic starter

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 01:52:24 PM »
I was looking for at least 15 people to be interested. A lot of people who show interest don't actual apply and them most who apply drop out or aren't suited pretty quickly. Six people being interested is just not going to end up with five quality consistent players for a long term game, which is my goal here and I think it's better to not make everyone jump through all the hoops if there's no game at the end of all that.

Offline Chaosfox

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 01:53:53 PM »
That's not always completely true.

Online AndyZ

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 02:01:09 PM »
I agree with quality over quantity and that that isn't true, but if you want, I can just have several dozen people plop down a note of interest.

I'll be on vacation in a couple weeks but am otherwise VERY good about posting personally.

I've also seen quite a few people who shy away from games purely because there's too many people, accelerating the attrition effect.

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 02:19:36 PM »
That's not always completely true.

It is true 100% of the time in my elliquiy experience. Group games here, especially system based ones, just don't have a good retention rate.

It's not people's fault or anything. Real life comes up, other games get busy, work gets busy, it happens and it's no big deal. But there's no reason to make everyone do all the work to build characters and the setting just o have the game fall flat.

Offline Chaosfox

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 02:30:32 PM »
Ah well this would of been my first system based game on here >.<

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 01:03:19 PM »
Gonna go ahead and lock this due to insufficient interest. I may bring it up again in a few months or so and see if things have changed. If anyone starts a DW game or wants to try it out please do shoot me a PM. Thanks again everyone who was willing to give it a try with me and sorry it wasn't popular enough! =)