A Pair of Ideas (Legend System, interest check, small group)

Started by ShadowFox89, September 08, 2013, 06:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

So, I have two game ideas. Both are for a very small group of two or three people. Both are using the Legend system (by ruleofcool, not Mongoose Publishing).

The first is a Star Wars game. You might know the story, a bit. A jedi and his padawan (possibly a third character appearing at some point) must go to a planet to negotiate a peaceful resolution of the Trade Federation blockading a peaceful planet. Not everything goes as planned, however, and things quickly escalate. Recognize the story? It's Episode 1, but with a twist of the players replacing the three main cast and deciding how action flows.

The second is a tale of revenge. Twelve heroes are chosen to go and stop a great and terrible evil. Three betray the other nine, and are killed for their treachery. The nine complete their task and are hailed as heroes, returning to the empire and gaining great glory and power. Twenty years later, the nine heroes have become corrupt, ruling their lands in whatever way they see fit.

Except that's not the truth. The three were the ones to complete their task, and were cut down by the nine. Everything taken from them, there is only one overarching goal for the three; vengeance.

If you've read Ubel Blatt, this is very much based on that. You don't have to be one of the betrayed, but having a reason to want to kill the heroes or otherwise change the empire is very much needed.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

A third idea, from Inerrant_Lust: The world of the ninja are approaching a clash. The many clans of the world all vie for power, hoping to gain one up over another. From this powder keg, there are three, each the scion of a clan, each the next to inherit the responsibility. Can you guide your clan to power, or fall to likes of the Senju and Uchiha?

To put it simply, it's a game set in Naruto just before the first war. Two to three players, each the next in line to lead their clan. No knowledge of the setting is really needed, except that all magic takes the form of ninja techniques and is powered by chakra.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inerrant Lust