You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 12:25:13 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: World Enough and Time and Blue Moon  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Ember StarTopic starter

World Enough and Time and Blue Moon
« on: September 07, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
I wasn't sure if I should put this one here, in "on topic" or "off topic", but since it's question-y, I stuck it here.

I just made a account and a introduction there. The fact that it was described as quieter and more literally drew me to investigate. I do say, it does seem a little ... dead compared to E. But there's also a lot less members and I haven't been approved yet. However, it being a slow site is a good thing for me since I spend so much time here.

I noticed several names I recognized there. I'm curious about it.

Anyway, the question part is more about Blue Moon. I made a account there a long time, and I don't have any interest in the site. Too cybery. I was wondering if there was a way to delete my Blue Moon account?

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: World Enough and Time and Blue Moon
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 04:05:27 PM »
I don't know if Blue Moon has the same rules about deleting accounts, and I think that while Veks hosts it, it's 'managed' (loosely) by someone else.  You'd really be best off asking the mods over there about deleting or otherwise inactivating your account there.

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 04:08:27 PM »
Thanks! I'll go dig around to find a mod there

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 04:13:14 PM »
Yanaba79 is the name of the most active modly-type person there.

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »
Yanaba79 is the name of the most active modly-type person there.
I noticed him/her. But I just joined WEAT a hour ago, I don't wanna delete my account there! It's Blue Moon I'm trying to find out about deleting.

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 04:21:00 PM »
I noticed him/her. But I just joined WEAT a hour ago, I don't wanna delete my account there! It's Blue Moon I'm trying to find out about deleting.

Ooh!  I thought you might be looking for a WEAT mod, and I knew one. ;)

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 04:22:53 PM »
Ooh!  I thought you might be looking for a WEAT mod, and I knew one. ;)
Nah. I put my intro up and I figure they'll say hi when they get a chance. LOL.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 04:30:44 PM »
WEaT is a bit more laid back than E.  They'll get to you pretty soon though.

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 04:33:10 PM »
I've heard good things about the site, and I don't mind it being slow.

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 04:42:19 PM »
What I've heard of Blue Moon, it's definitely geared to a different audience.  Worst case scenario, you can always put 'gone' messages in your profile there and stop signing in.  (Actually, you could even leave off the messages.  That's just me being polite to people that might surf profiles.)

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 05:09:31 PM »
Today when I got on to see about deleting was the first time I was on in probably a year (judging by the dates on the PMs in my inbox). I nosed around in there for about a week and decided I didn't like the place. I just wanted to see if I could actually get rid of the account instead of having it sit there forgotten about.

Offline Naiah

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 05:21:01 PM »
I think most forum sites ask you to just log out and forget about it. They usually dont delete accounts because people have a tendancy to change their minds (even if its 5 years later or whatever) but also because they dont want it being abused by some just wanting a new account.

Offline Geraint

• Propigator of Plot Bunnies, RomanceCrack Dealer and Sireneous Wayword Muse Also Accused Plot Demon Breeder of Plotweilers ...
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • "There's no rush...but I can't wait."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »
Nah. I put my intro up and I figure they'll say hi when they get a chance. LOL.

WE&T is very slow on the weekends and often Yanaba isn't around then.  She's the Admin (Directrix) there and generally the only one who does approvals.  Once she sees your intro, approval should take a day or less.  Others may stop by your thread and say hi or ask questions informally, but the approval process is much less formalized there than here.

The only other active staff member is Lilias, a Femme Fatal (Mod).

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »
I think most forum sites ask you to just log out and forget about it. They usually dont delete accounts because people have a tendancy to change their minds (even if its 5 years later or whatever) but also because they dont want it being abused by some just wanting a new account.
Yeah, that's understandable. I just don't like the unused things I have floating around.
WE&T is very slow on the weekends and often Yanaba isn't around then.  She's the Admin (Directrix) there and generally the only one who does approvals.  Once she sees your intro, approval should take a day or less.  Others may stop by your thread and say hi or ask questions informally, but the approval process is much less formalized there than here.

I figured from looking some of the other introductions. That's okay though as I'm in no special rush.

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 06:05:41 PM »
Yeah, that's understandable. I just don't like the unused things I have floating around. I figured from looking some of the other introductions. That's okay though as I'm in no special rush.

That being said, WEAT is an amazing, cozy place.

Offline Geraint

• Propigator of Plot Bunnies, RomanceCrack Dealer and Sireneous Wayword Muse Also Accused Plot Demon Breeder of Plotweilers ...
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 06:22:08 PM »
That being said, WEAT is an amazing, cozy place.

Indeed :D

Offline Lilias

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 06:43:57 PM »

It doesn't take much (wo)manpower to handle WEaT. Bunch of nice kids and all. XD

Offline Geraint

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
It doesn't take much (wo)manpower to handle WEaT. Bunch of nice kids and all. XD

But who better for a Femme Fatale?

Online Vekseid

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 08:31:58 PM »

darkangel76 does delete accounts - she's the only one there that can, but is rather busy. : /

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 10:33:39 PM »
darkangel76 does delete accounts - she's the only one there that can, but is rather busy. : /
Awesome! Thank you! I'm in no hurry for how long it'll take her. Just wanted to if it could be done.

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 10:40:39 AM »
I have a question regarding WEaT and E. Can I link my Roleplay peferences form here into a signature and/or O/O thread there? I ask because I like it and it's already set up. I have a F-list account that I made a couple of days ago, but I'm a little confused with the site and I think they have character creation shut down for the moment.

If I can't link the preferences from here, I'm fine with just listing a few specific ones on a thread. Just curious.

Offline Lord Mayerling

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 10:59:41 AM »
Couldn't you just copy and paste the code from one to the other? Both sites are secure. I'm not an expert, but I don't think you can link between the two. Or you might be able to, but you'll need to be logged in to both accounts in order to follow the link.

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »
Couldn't you just copy and paste the code from one to the other? Both sites are secure. I'm not an expert, but I don't think you can link between the two. Or you might be able to, but you'll need to be logged in to both accounts in order to follow the link.
That's my concern since I imagine not "everybody" there has a E account and they wouldn't be able see it.

On the other hand, I can link it and provide a list of some favorites and some nevers for anybody who can't see it. Been meaning to make such a list to put in my O/O thread here anyway. That way I'm doubly covered until I can figure out F-list.

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 11:15:41 AM »
I looked at your coding in the first post, and other than the Oath of Drake and your centered graphic, there's nothing 'E-specific' to really deal with.  Subsequent posts, where you link to RP threads, would of course require access to both sites.

Or were you referring to the Elliquiy 'check box' O/Os?

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 11:24:21 AM »
I was referring to the check box.

The thread I can just copy and edit into a thread there. But I use the check box for my 'kink list'