You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
 
December 11, 2016, 04:03:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC  (Read 4106 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 07:55:08 AM »
Robert Long
Location:In front of the high school
Tag: Jeong, Open


Somewhat taken back by her sharp reply, Robert shrugged before putting the cap back on the water and putting it in one of his many pockets. Trying to remember her name, he seemed to have a moment of clarity when he thought about her soccer games. Remembering that her jersey said her name was Soo-Jin and she was number 15 on the team, he started to wonder if the other girl had been this Maggie she had talked about. He remembered her in the dream. Thinking more about the dream he finally remembered why the other girl was so familiar. Having seen her at The Fresh, he wondered if it was the same girl. “I’m Robert… Just in case you want to yell at me,” he smiled, “You are on the soccer team right? I remember seeing you make a few goals at the last game.”

Surprised when she asked about his dream, Robert groaned before moving to sit on the bottom steps that lead to the front door. “That damn dream…Listen it wasn’t some creepy dream although it was a hell of a nightmare… As a matter of fact we were all here…” he said motioning to the school behind him. “The parking lot was full of cars, but it was night and really foggy. We were standing around… You, Al, another girl and myself… You were talking to the girl and Al when we all say someone in the one of the upstairs windows.” Spinning one of the wheels on his skateboard, “We all heard some creepy ass voice say “Time has come” or something…” Looking up at her, “I woke up right after that… But I think I would have rather stayed in the dream… When I woke up it was so cold in my room and I could have sworn…” he paused, “I could have sworn I saw people in my room.”

Realizing that his mouth went dry as he talked about the dream, he pulled the bottle back out to take a long drink before looking at her. “I jumped out of bed and opened my window so I could get some warm air… I saw fog being blown down the street… Well I left the house as soon as I saw that.”

Leaning back he looked at her, “So what was your dream about,” he asked, “You see Al and I had the same dream. And sense he answered the phone when I called him I would make a bet you had one too… It seems that everyone that was in the dream is still here and had the same dream…”

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 09:22:06 AM »
Neela Roland
Location: At Home
Tag: Soo Jin, Open


Neela leans into the humid night and looks at the retreating fog in confusion. She does not understand why it retreated so quickly once she looked at it; it was almost like a CGI effect. What was fog doing here in town when it was warm? Shaking her head Neela turns to look at her clock again and sighs. Briefly, she considers going to her mother Jill to ask for a sleeping pill just for tonight. However, she knew if she took it now she would be a zombie in the morning. Neela then walks over to her phone and considers calling Soo Jin since she was in her dream. Neela shivers at the thought of little shadow people watching her. What was this the Truman show?

Neela glanced around the room again feeling hyper alert--as though something really was watching her. She picks up her phone and texts Soo Jin.

<Soo Jin: Did you have a weird dream tonight? Did you see the fog? Sorry if this text wakes you but you should really have your phone on vibrate instead of sound: P>

Neela puts her phone down and sighs once again. Wiping sweat off her forehead Neela clears her throat. She feels almost like a block of ice melting in the sun. The urge to see the school for herself burns in her stomach suddenly, but Neela shakes her head at the thought. "It was only a dream," she tells herself. Neela goes to her closet and changes shirts since her other one was sweaty. She smoothes the soft fabric over her stomach, grins, and plops down on her bed, crossing her legs in a seated position. She grabs her phone off the nightstand then and looks to see if her friend Soo Jin replied yet.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:23:57 PM by RainyHigh »

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 02:22:34 PM »


Chapter 2 - It's Just My Imagination...

A seed grew in the back of their minds and echoed in the distant halls of memory... Thoughts from some place just out of reach, "Where is my family?... Where... Where... I need to know." It stung with the pain of a broken heart as each word leaked out into their minds. "Was the emotion real?" It had a hollow ring to it but it flowed over each of them like a cold mist. The closer to reality it was, the more it would hurt. Like an unspoken truth when you knew in your heart that a relationship was ending. For some it would feel like fate to others it might feel like the end of all reason to go on... "But it's not real. Is it?"

Shadows cast off of the street lamps began to bend. Not in an overly perceivable way but subtly. The straight line of shadow cast off a trash can or pole nearby had a slight curve to it. Tips of shadows warped out and over the edges of their toes, or fingers.. maybe the edge of their hair. In winding paths the shadows moved like silent centipedes crawling, ...approaching with hair like miniscule legs...  "It's just my imagination..."

A barely audible soft ethereal voice whispered in the wind. "Quickly... To the school." The voice was like mint ice cream. Silky, smooth, and cool like the caress of a silk sheet. It held promises.



Robert Long(temp NPC)
Location:In front of the high school
Tag: Jeong, Open



Robert froze right before he was going to say something else. He looked off at the school building and pointed. "That looks like my sister." He was pointing to a window on the second floor that had a dim light in it. The dim light moved as if walking around somewhere inside the classroom. There was clearly no way to tell who it was from here.

Tentatively he took a step towards the school and into a shadow. He stood still, transfixed as he stared towards the classroom window. His body enveloped in the darkness.



A mist began to spill out around the buildings nearby. It slowly rolled along the roads. It was behind Al as he walked. It filled the hollow dip of a street about a block away from Jin and Robert. It filled up as if behind a wall on the street where Neela lived - the only clear direction was the one that lead towards the school. As Maggie walked the mist poured out behind her and from a nearby alley. It just caught the corner of her eye. That same cool soft ethereal voice said, "Run," to Ixy just as the mist hit an invisible barrier. It filled up behind the wall then spilled out over and around the vague shape of a woman.

It was around the same time that this was all happening when Jin would notice her parent's shadows in a first floor window. Mr and Mrs Jeong looked like they were opening up filing cabinets. It wasn't a clear view but when you know someone that well there is a way that people carry themselves and a way that they move. Those traits breed a familiarity to them so that even if they were fully masked, and cloaked you would still recognize them. So too, here in the shadows of a school window, Jin would spot her parents.




« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:28:46 PM by Moraline »

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 06:58:17 PM »
Alfred "Al" Birche
Location: Baker family house (Departing immediately)/Streets
Tag: Open


A slow frown formed over his face as thoughts came to his mind; from where? Himself, or from outside? He wasn't quite certain. But, the worry felt more like a full-force sucker-punch to the shoulder than anything else.  In the end, his own true worry was very little. As nice as his current foster family was, he had little worry or care for them; it had been months and months he was with them, but he was simply refusing to develop a true connection.

It was like that with past families, too. And as for his true parents, he couldn't be bothered to care about them. He wouldn't hurt himself like that.  All of the shit he's dealt with was their fault, anyway; possibly that wasn't true, but hate and hurt, especially when working together, can be blinding.

The imperative to get there to the school made sense, though. It made even more sense when he saw the mist acting in ways mist typically did not. Nope. Nooooope. No way in hell. Time to nope right the fuck out of dodge. He thought to himself as his pace quickened, from a power walk, into a full sprint. He was maybe five minutes away from the school before the acceleration.

Adrenaline would help carry him to the building itself, completely winded and exhausted, in two minutes. Long before then, though, Robert and Jin both were likely to hear the heavy thud-thud-thud-thud-ing of his feet hitting the ground. Possibly, they might even hear Mori protesting at the sudden change from brisk to fast, which the kitten found disconcerting.

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 11:12:22 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: Outside the high school, approaching the front entrance.
Tag: Jin, Al, Robert

Halfway to school-- a route that she has walked, and run, many times before-- Mags realizes that she is shaking. Should have brought Mom's phone, she thought, dead battery or not.  Scenarios and explanations run rampant in her sleep-starved, fear-addled mind, one after another in a progression from the unlikely to the ludicrous, but she is carrying her weight on the balls of her feet and, without exception, she is skirting the pool of light under every streetlight-- she's not stepping on cracks in the sidewalk, and she can hear a song in her mind despite trying, above all, to think clearly and be quiet.

Step on a crack.  Break your mother's back.  Step on a line, bend your father's spine.  At that, she slowed slightly, deliberately stepping on a crack in the sun-bleached asphalt on her way, bringing no sound of breaking bone-- only a pang of guilt and annoyance at the frivolity of the same guilt. 

It's then that she feels the creeping cold, like a someone left the walk-in freezer open at The Fresh, and the cold air is reaching her in faint waves.  She turns, studying it at first in a fixed stare at the first odd place-- from the alley between a shipping office and a deli closed for years.  She realizes that the fog is trying to reach her, and somehow that scares her so badly that she freezes.  Normally, when she freezes doesn't think straight, but this time her mind is clear.  So clear that she hears a voice... she thinks it's real, or maybe it is... and she listens, because that fog looks promising, like a cool shower n a Monday morning, and that scares her.  The woman's shape-- she stars, stares, mouths words that have no sound, and then hears that voice again.  Run

She flees... she's never truly fled something before, not like this-- she's had issues at school, she's raced in cross-country, but this time she is running a chase from something that wants to consume her, flight from an actual adversary.

When she reaches the school, she doesn't stop running.  Her boots are thudding at the pavement, and she's not the first one there.  She calls out, "Get inside!  She's almost here--" and though she doesn't know who "she" is, she is heading straight for the building, her long, pale legs stretching out like a sprinting gazelle's and her red hair streaming from under the low-riding black ballcap where the wing has blown her hood back from her face.

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2013, 04:09:26 PM »
Neela Roland
Location: Heading to School, Seeing the others, Running to the entrance
Tag: Soo Jin, Open


As Neela sat and waited for Soo Jin's response, something spoke to her from the shadows. Quickly Neela headed to her window to see the fog returning to her street. Eyes going wide she watched as the fog swirled and formed a pathway. The voice told her to go to the school. But why? There was still some time before school began. Neela felt something brush against her face, brushing some of her hair over her eyes and flinched, feeling like someone was in the room with her. Clearing her throat, Neela picked up her purse and slipped into her flats. Quietly she rushed down the stairs and out of the back door of her modest home. She ran around the side of the house and unlocked her bike. Without bothering to bring her lock with her, Neela pocketed her phone in her purse and slid it over her head and shoulder so it would not fall as she peddled through the fog's path and towards the school.
 
Legs pumping quickly, Neela made her way to the school campus, nearly forgetting that she wore nothing but her tee shirt, short shorts and flats. The wind was chilly against her skin, easily breaking through the thin fabric. She should have grabbed a sweater. Cursing Neela shook her head and stopped at the parking lot fifty feet away from a group of people. They were in her dream--she remembered their faces, but not all of their names. Neela put her feet back on the peddles of her bike and moved silently across the parking lot towards the other students.
 
Except they are running from her, or at least she thinks they are. That is when a sinking feeling of danger grips Neela by the shoulders, causing her to hit some kind of invisible fence. Neela shouts as she soars off her bike and too the ground. Protecting her face, Neela's arms hit the ground first, followed by her hips and the rest of her body. Skidding to a stop, Neela looks up fascinated that she only has a scrape and no broken bones, but danger itches at her feet. Struggling to stand, Neela runs towards the entrance of the school too, fear crushing her throat.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:23:36 PM by RainyHigh »

Offline Lithium

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2013, 04:35:36 PM »
Jeong Soo-Jin
Location: In front of the high school
Tag: Robert, Neela, Maggie


"I didn't have any dream!" Jin replied curtly to Robert, perhaps too curtly - for some reason her reaction had been to immediately deny everything, as if that might somehow make this unexplainable situation less real. It can't be real...

Her phone chirped as she received a text and she instantly pulled it out to see what it was, using it as an excuse to further dodge Robert's question. She reread the short message from Neela at least six or seven times to make sure that she wasn't going insane or delusional. It couldn't be real, a bunch of different people couldn't just have the exact same dream at the exact same time!

Even as thoughts of denial continued swirling through Jin's mind, she felt the compulsion to look up and saw what seemed exactly like her parents' silhouettes in a window of the school. She'd recognized them immediately by their outlines and subtle mannerisms, even their postures.

They're right here...she thought, relieved at first that the whole thing about them possibly disappearing like the other kids' families was nonsense, but then the realization that this didn't make any sense started to sink in. With it also came an awful feeling of loss, like an empty void forming inside of her chest and expanding outwards until it had swallowed up her heart and her lungs. She couldn't breathe, and it felt as if her blood had stopped pumping through her veins and had gone cold.

By the time that Maggie arrived, shouting about something or other, Jin hardly even hear the girl as she stood there paralyzed, fixated by the sight of her parents in the window.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2013, 04:54:33 PM »


The mist rolled up like smoke billowing from a burning building. It poured in from everywhere and surrounded the school and the group in front of the school but once there is hit another wall. The unseen wall was a few car lengths from the group... It seemed to boil at the edge, pressing inwards then spilling back like the clouds of a thunderstorm.


Robert Long(temp NPC)
Location:In front of the high school
Tag: Everyone



"It's my sister inside, I know it." Robert was fixed on the upper floor window of the school. It was then that the boiling mists caught his attention and he seemed to snap out of his daze. He looked around.

"Hey, Al... buddy you made it man. I didn't see you there. I think my sister is inside but I got no idea why the hell she'd be here." He took a moment to notice the girls and smiled. "I'm Robert." On any other day he might have been happy to be standing around in front of the school with a bunch of girls but right now he wanted to get in that building.

His eyes focused on the mists. "What's up with that," he pointed to the shimmering ghostly form of a woman.



The mists distorted around the shape of a woman. It was distorted, ethereal as if not really there. Her back was to them and she moved her hands.

A drumlike hard echo kick ♪ sound ♪ emanated from the mist as it boiled against the unseen barrier in front of the woman. She turned to look over her shoulder at the group and pointed to the building. She made no sound but turned back to the mists...




Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2013, 04:59:45 PM »
Maggie leaps and twists around in surprise at the sound of Neela's crash, momentarily abandoning her rush for the door.  She thinks, for an irrational moment, that she should get help from within-- when she pulls at the door, her thin frame jolting as she thrashes and tugs at it, she hisses a soft curse in frustration, then at herself-- "Stupid, it's midnight..." She then sees the woman in the mists, and Mag's gaze is fixed on her.  "Who... who is that?"

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2013, 05:05:23 PM »
Neela Roland
Location: Outside the High School
Tag: Everyone


Neela sees that the figure in front of the doors is Maggie and then she sees Soo Jin with some other students near the sidewalk. Hearing the sound of drums, Neela turns and sees a figure in the mist, a woman who points to the building. Shivering, Neela brings her arms up around herself as she looks at the building in a gaze.

"I have no idea who that is," Neela replies to Maggie's question.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 06:11:18 PM by RainyHigh »

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2013, 05:07:21 PM »
Alfred "Al" Birche
Location: School
Tag:  Everybody


He was out of breath. Gasping like a fish out of water, he just sort of waved to Rob, acknowledging the greeting. He needed to get his breathing under control--and slake the dryness of his mouth-- before he could really say much of anything. Thus, drinking from his water bottle occurs, as he stares around at the school.

Mori, however, seems more than willing to be vocal. "Mreow! Mr-mr-mrrrreow!" He says in what may very well be a cute, energetic greeting to the strange people. However, when Al moves on from the images in the windows above, and sees the mist lady, Mori's sound changes to a strange, chattering sound, as if he were agitated; or, perhaps, excited.

"Uhm... I don't think you'll get the door open... maybe we could smash that bike into the glass plating, and hope it breaks?" Vandalism was totally not Al's thing. However, desperate times calls for desperate measures. 

"I think we really should get inside, soon, though..." Worried. He was clearly worried, it was in his voice.

Offline Lithium

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2013, 05:23:40 PM »
Jeong Soo-Jin
Location: In front of the high school
Tag: Everyone


Jin's eyes opened wide with shock when she finally turned around and saw the mist, as well as the shimmering form of a woman that it somehow seemed to be outlining. The loud drum-like thud made her flinch in surprise before glancing at the others, wondering if they heard it too, although deep down she already knew that they had. The woman...or thing was beckoning them into the school, adding to the unnatural siren's call that had been emanating from within.

After a few second of hesitation, Al's words finally snapped Jin out of her trance. Taking decisive action, like she so often did, she tried to grab the skateboard out of Robert's hands and use it to smash the nearest window, knowing the the doors would be chained and impossible to unlock even if they did break the glass on them.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2013, 05:45:11 PM »

Robert Long(temp NPC)
Location:In front of the high school
Tag: Everyone



Robert saw that Neela wasn't dressed for the night chill. So with a swift gentlemanly motion he whipped off his long duster coat and handed it to her. "I'm good. You need it more then I do..." His words cut off when Jin grabbed his skateboard out of un-expecting hands. "Hey!"



Jin's swing would slam into the nearest window and crack the glass with a loud shattering sound. The effort made a lot of noise but that metal mesh embedded in the glass refused to give and only sprung back on the board in her hands with a violent reaction.

The skateboard went flying backwards out of her hands and landed on it's wheels. Then rolled off into the mist.

When it hit the mist the sound echoed again and a flash like that of a camera went off in all directions from the unseen barrier. The boiling fog spilled forth like water from a dam. It poured through fast and swallowed the figure of the woman. Her ethereal form dissipating. A low nearly inaudible word followed..."No!" It was the distant cry of desperation from her and this time the silky smooth voices source was clear. It had been her.

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2013, 05:55:22 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: school door
Tags: none
"Holy shit-" Maggie cries out softly, and hearing the cry she actually feels a pang of desperate sorrow and pain.  Without looking, she puts her hand back to the door and, dreamlike, pulls the door wide.  She turns and screams aloud, "come on!" and runs inside.   At 2013-09-07 17:45:58, icsyhyat (uid: 768) rolls: 1d100 Result: 36
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 06:19:54 PM by Ixy »

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2013, 06:10:54 PM »
Neela Roland
Location: Outside the High School
Tag: Everyone


Neela looks to the duster passed to her and takes it, "Thank you," she tells the boy before she hears glass shatter, shards falling to the ground only to reveal steel bars. No one was going to get inside the building soon unless some kind of miracle happened.

Neela watches as the skateboard flies backwards towards the mist only to roll away as if something invisible is riding it. "What the--" The door to the school was suddenly pushed open and Neela looked on as Maggie rushed everyone to go inside.

Neela did not wait for others to follow and rushed in after Maggie, careful due to the immense darkness as she walks inside. "I can't see a thing!"

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »
Alfred "Al" Birche
Location: Outside, going into the high school
Tag: Everyone


He whined a bit himself; the sound is actually kind of animal-like. This was his response to the sound of the odd woman. He wondered, briefly, if she was here to harm or help them.

Because he was busy staring at the woman in the mist, he doesn't see how it is that the door opens; just hears that it is, in fact, open. He will question this all later; if there is a later. For now, he moves inside, choosing to take up the rear of the group. "Lights, lights..." He takes out his phone, and clicks a few buttons on it to get the screen to come on. It's not a lot of light, but at least it was something, right? "You guys could do the same, too."

Offline Lithium

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2013, 06:40:18 PM »
Jeong Soo-Jin
Location: In front of the high school, going inside
Tag: Everyone


Jin grunted as she swung the skateboard at the window without restraint only to have it bounce away and out of her hands after shattering the glass, but not doing much to the metal mesh behind it. Her wrists were rattled a bit from the impact, but she didn't hurt herself.

She growled in frustration, but soon forgot about her lack of success as she noticed that the door had miraculously been opened somehow. The female cry coming from the fog sent a chill up Jin's spine and prompted her to follow the others inside of the building - she didn't want to remain out there by herself.

It was dark inside, and she had the same idea as Al, pulling her phone out and turning on the flashlight app. She pointed it ahead and tried to cover whichever side Al wasn't already lighting up.

"I don't understand what the heck is going on...what was that...that woman? And did you see that fog? That was totally impossible."

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2013, 07:02:45 PM »
(( OOC:  Please make sure you read the OOC post before posting:  <Click Here> ))




Chapter 3 - The Empty School

A glow spilled out across the polished floor of the school hall. The ripples in the shiny stone clearly visible. A bit of dust along the edge of the hallway lockers. The light was dim, only a few lockers visible and as the light spilled in from a building across the street.

The group took the first few tentative steps into the building. It's hallways empty and quiet without the rustling of backpacks, the clomps of sneakers, or the buzzing of school alarms and most pronounced was the complete lack of the buzz of hundreds of voices.

In the direction where Jin thought she had seen her family earlier, a distant sound of something scuffling about. The sound of a chair falling over... If the group approaches, as they get closer to it they'll hear the cry of a boy. It will be followed with the dull thuds of fist on skin and then a sharp cry as a pop crunching sounds of bone breaking under flesh.

Inside will be the sight two young teen boys fighting. One boy is getting beat pretty badly, The boy on the ground has sad brown eyes and a round face stained with tears. A slightly younger Al. The figure doing the beating looks up and dissolves into mist.

When the aggressor has vanished behind him can now be seen a short squat roughly two foot goblin like thing. It's hair oozes soaked in blood and in it's hands a wicked looking still blood soaked blade.  He hops up and down laughing with wild eyes. "Yes, Yes... Now to suck the marrow from his bones! Thank you, Thank you!" He makes a slurping sound from under his black scarf. The look in his eyes, one of complete madness.


Goblin-like Image





Robert Long(temp NPC)
Location:In front of the high school
Tag: Everyone


The shadows crawled up Roberts leg. He was the last in as he wanted to watch everyone's back. The cool tingle crawled up his spine and he shuddered or he thought he did. Tendrils of the mist and shadow curled around his body then squeezed down like razor sharp talons. It sunk into his clothes, his flesh then the mist overtook him and he was gone from the sight. His foot had never crossed the threshold of the buildings door...




In the instant that Robert was enveloped it was like he'd never been there. That feeling in a dream when you know someone else was with you. You could have sworn there was some else in the dream but suddenly you are alone, or in this case in a group. But Robert had never been there. His place in this was now just a gap of memory... "Robert was just here. I could have sworn Robert was with us? I guess not, that must have been someone else skateboard." The doubt overshadowing your memories of him.





Maggie Foss(temp NPC)
Location:In front of the high school
Tag: Everyone



Maggie barreled into the darkness, she totally had no idea how she got that door opened. Once inside she stood and blinked a few times. Eyes adjusting to the darkness.

It felt lonely in the building. No students, no teachers. It's hard to believe how creepy a school can be with no one present.

That's when she heard the noises. "Hey there's a kid in trouble." She didn't think, maybe it was instinct. Her heart was pounding but she pushed forward without waiting. All she could think was that someone was in trouble and when she got down the hall and looked into the classroom she was correct...

"Eww. What is that thing?" She said.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:33:06 PM by Moraline »

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2013, 07:36:17 PM »
Neela Roland
Location: Outside the High School
Tag: Everyone


Neela follows Al's suggestion and takes her phone out of her purse which surprisingly still around her body. She follows the rest of the students to a classroom where sounds of fighting and a creepy voice are heard. Neela shakes her head in shock at the noise and looks to the boy with the skateboard only to see he is not there. Maybe she dreamed he was here in her sleep. Confused, Neela hears the voice talks of sucking marrow and gasps.

"I think we should go the other way people." Neela was not about to look inside to see what the others were seeing. She was too chicken.


Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2013, 07:45:09 PM »
Alfred "Al" Birche
Location: School Hallway
Tag: Everyone
At 2013-09-07 19:05:17, TheHangedMan (uid: 12227) rolls: 1d100 Result: 67

"I don't like that sound..." This was said more to Mori than anyone else. The kitten responds with a whine; maybe it knew this whole thing was wrong. Or maybe it just picked up on its masters feelings. Regardless, though, the kitten remains in the pocket of the long-sleeved flannel shirt, wide eyes easily unbothered by the relative darkness.

As they drew closer and closer to the classroom, he would move with Maggie to take a look inside. Something at the back of his head felt kind of wrong; wasn't there another kid here? A guy? Maybe? He wasn't sure, and pretty soon, he didn't give a single fuck about who was or was not here, because what really mattered was the fact that It was here.

"Don't say his name." His words would come as a whispered hiss to the two girls. The moment he caught sight, and knew what it was, he backed away from the door, and traveled several feet off to the side. He kept his back pressed against a locker, eyes darting back and forth, trying to take in all of his surroundings without leaving any sort of gap. Maybe neither of the girls knew what was in there; maybe they were lucky. But maybe they'd know the name, and if they said it, he knew he would wish he was dead; but that the world wasn't a particularly nice place, and would not grant him that luxury.

Instead, while remaining firmly planted where he is, he put honest consideration into what his chances were outside, in the mist. Maybe he could run all the way home, and be safe there. Maybe he could keep on running, and get even further away from It. Or maybe he'd just wind up dying tired, cold, alone, and even more scared than he was now.

Despite having plenty of empty space around him, if they looked at Al, he would seem more like a caged animal than anything else. The panic and urge to run is clearly expressed without the need for words.

Offline Lithium

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2013, 08:01:05 PM »
Jeong Soo-Jin
Location: Inside the school
Tag: Everyone


Cautiously, Jin advanced through the deserted with the hallway, reflecting on how unfamiliar and spooky this place could become if you just took away the lights and all the people, even though it was probably the place that she knew second best after her own home.

The gross noises that she and the others heard from one of the classrooms made her scowl and hesitate to go any further, but curiosity and that omnipresent magnetism that had been attracting her towards the school - and now deeper into it - from the moment that she'd awoken from her dream prompted her to edge closer.

She barely had time to see what was going on over Maggie and Al's shoulders before the latter of the two darted to the side and out of the doorway. Jin's instincts caused her to follow suit, fearing some sort of danger. There was danger, she knew it just from the faction of a second that she'd gotten a glance of that thing. What the heck was it, and didn't it have a big knife or sword? With blood all over it?

She wanted to run and tell the others to follow, but she'd also seen somebody laying on the floor, injured. Leave him, run...just run...Jin tried to convince herself, but her conscience refused to abandon the fight, urging her to try to help somehow. The only trouble was that she had no idea how.

"What was that?" she hissed a whisper at the others who were standing right next to her, all of them with their backs against a row of lockers. "We have to do something..."

Jin scanned the hallway for anything that might be used as a weapon, doubtful that she'd find anything, but it was the only thing she could think of.


Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2013, 08:28:36 PM »
Neela Roland
Location: Inside the High School
Tag: Everyone

"No we don't have to do anything Soo Jin. My momma always said you can't help others if you can't help yourself." Neela had the courage burning through her veins finally and stepped closer to Maggie, Al and Soo-Jin peering inside the room and seeing some short creature with a bloody sword. Neela gasped hard and choked, she took a step back and tripped over someone's foot, falling to the ground. "It's time to get the hell out of here!" She said loudly and felt like punching herself. That thing would have to know they were there now. Neela crawled backwards and grabbed at someone's leg, trying to get up in a hurry.
 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:29:58 PM by RainyHigh »

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2013, 08:31:39 PM »
(( Please read OOC first:  http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=184096.msg8868039#msg8868039 ))


Maggie Foss(temp NPC)
Location:In front of the high school
Tag: Everyone


Startled by the sight and seeing the goblin move towards her, she practically trips over Neela with her as she runs out and slams herself back by the lockers with her...




Gwyn ap Nudd would barrel towards the hallway, jumping up and down with a salivating lip smacking sound before lunging towards Jin.

Simultaneously out in the hall, With Neela and Maggie clinging to each other and trying to stand - Maggie's feet are pulled out from under her. Black tiny little hands drag her into the darkness without even a chance for a scream.

Offline Lithium

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »
Jeong Soo-Jin
Location: Inside the school
Tag: Everyone
Shield roll: 41


When Neela spoke up, Jin felt somewhat annoyed at the girl's willingness to just abandon a person in need but also simultaneously agreed with her. She felt conflicted on what to do, and in the end the creature made the choice for them, deciding to rush out of the classroom while the group was still debating (some of them tripping over each other as well).

Pushing herself away from the lockers, Jin took a step back and happened to be the closest one to the hideous little goblin-like monster. At first, she was certain that she was going to die gruesomely when the thing came rushing at her with its machete, but then something clicked inside of her. Not even in her head - it wasn't a conscious thing - just inside of her, somewhere.

She suddenly got the notion that her arm represented salvation and got into a stance straight out from one of the many history books that she'd read as a large, rectangular scutum shield materialized before her, the leather straps appearing around her thin arm. The shield felt extremely sturdy and real and yet weighed nothing despite being almost as tall as Jin herself - taller, in fact, when she knelt behind it on one knee to brace herself for the goblin's attack.

Too focused on what she was doing, which included not dying, she didn't even stop to think how any of this was possible. She just blocked the machete and at the same time shoved the monster back with her shield, pushing it away and causing it to stumble clumsily as it snarled and made other unpleasant noises.

Where just moments ago she'd felt frail and scared, Jin now felt strong and...still somewhat scared, but not as much as before she could make giant shields materialize out of thin air.

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2013, 09:05:50 PM »
Alfred "Al" Birche
Location: School Hallway
Tag: Everyone
At 2013-09-07 20:41:51, TheHangedMan (uid: 12227) rolls: 1d100 Result: 45


He wasn't sure what the hell was going on. Now was a time for action, not contemplation, though. They can search for answers later; assuming Gwynn ap Nudd didn't kill them all.

He realized, even as the sword collided with a shield that moments before was not there, that reality itself seemed screwed up.  It kind of reminded him of a video game; several, in fact. Just as he was thinking of a particular scene from Mana Khemia in his head, a huge red gash opens up behind him, and he slips right inside it. There's no real thought going on here; just instantaneous action on his part.

It shuts itself closed the moment he's gone, and only a moment later, the gash seems to reappear; right behind the goblin. It deposits Al, with a ferociously hissing Mori, without incident, and disappears as quickly as it came into existence.

Though Al was dead average in matters of upper body strength, his system was flooded with adrenaline; that almost magical drug that the body produced in times of stress and crisis, which allowed it to do things it otherwise would not be capable of.  He reached out, and seized the goblin by its shoulders, pressing down with all of his weight. If he could, he would attempt to knock the creature down to the floor, and introduce its head to the tiles; repeatedly. If possible, he would slam that little fucker's head into the floor until that stupid, fat, ugly nose of his was smashed, broken and bleeding. 

It was time to stop taking abuse, and start showing the nightmare what it meant to suffer; what it meant to be a victim. That was what Al was thinking, at the moment, his fear converted into the sort of furious rage that might make that little asshole proud, in some obtuse and obscene way.