You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
 
December 10, 2016, 03:04:09 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC  (Read 4103 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2013, 06:28:04 PM »
Neela Roland
Location : Police Station
Tagging : [OPEN] Everyone.


Al had somewhat answered Neela's question and Soo Jin seemed to be mad at just about everyone that breathed. Neela nodded her head and took a seat across from Maggie. She sat up straight despite the tiredness hanging around her head and shoulders like lead weights. Her senses were heightened when a man with a French accent entered the room to tell them that he knew they had magical abilities, and that their "parents" were spies. Neela nodded her head at the man and then barred her teeth when she heard him tell each child that they would be accused of murdering their parents.

"So you mean to say the spies killed our guardians? And we are the ones to be accused of their murders?" Neela clenched her fists and looked at the man with venom in her eyes. This was much worse, the Rolands did not betray her, someone else did, but they were dead. Tears dripping down her face Neela's face blushed with anger. She shook her head trying to remain calm but she was going to explode soon.

"I want the hell out of here, this whole f*cked up place."


Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2013, 06:59:51 PM »
Alfred "Al" Birche
Location: Police Station - Conference Room
Tag: Everybody


As if in response to Rob's question, the little half-blind kitten would let out a mewling noise, and pop its head out of a pocket. Not the flannel pocket, at some point, Mori was moved into one of his cargo pockets. The almost all black kitten would gaze around at everybody with its one good eye, one milky-white blind eye, and then seems to decide he likes hiding in the pocket better than anything else at the moment. "We're inseparable." Al concludes with a nod of his head.

"I have plenty of questions, but I think Neela and Jin have the right idea. I just want to get as far away from this place as I can." Al, of them all, still managed to seem pretty calm. Was that the facade? Was he just shocked and unable to be further surprised or otherwise impacted by what was happening around them? Or was he really that calm? Well, there was one being that could answer that question readily, but she was not around at the moment. Others would just have to make their assumptions.

He even goes so far as to stand up, and finish drinking down his can of soda. He steps away from his chair, and pushes it in. His gaze would fall onto the Frenchman, with an expressively expectant look.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2013, 07:51:24 PM »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:40:13 PM by Moraline »

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2013, 07:42:53 PM »


*Time rewind... The missing moments when Al ran off on his own and went home... *



Alfred "Al" Birche
Location: The Barrens, going home
Tag: Everybody
At 2013-09-26 14:28:12, TheHangedMan (uid: 12227) rolls: 1d100 Result: 52


"...Wait! Hey!" He would call out after their Godmother, but... damn. She was gone. And he sure as hell wasn't sticking around any longer. He comes out of the portal behind everyone else, and quickly works to seal it shut on the human world side of things. Afterwards, he teeter-totters a bit; as if he might collapse.  His hands are balled into fists that vibrate with tense energy, fingers practically digging into the palms of his hands.

"Damn, shit... fuck... hell..." He kicks at the ground, kicking up some dust, an impotent expression of his anger. "Mewww. Mrrr. Mreow!" Mori, the half-blind kitten, still resting in his pocket, seemed to be scared or perhaps concerned.  Al and the kitten had a strong connection with each other; though the kid didn't know just how strong it would become, given time. The kitten, young as it was, still knew, could sense the turmoil coming to a rapid boil inside Al.

"Well, I don't know what you guys want to do... but I have business to take care of. If anybody wants me, Rob has my number... but I'm gonna be turning my phone off, at least until I'm done. Seen one too many movies to risk someone giving me away." He kind of spoke, to the others, to all of them in general, but he was also kind of murmuring. He wasn't looking directly at anyone, but instead, off into the distance.

He stared out, as far as he could see away from the barrens, in the direction that would bring him closer to his home. All of a sudden, he just disappears, kitten and all. He mvoed maybe a hundred feet, and when he pops back out into the human world a single second later, he teeter-totters again. He didn't even feel or sense the Mistlands he traveled through, but there was still an odd feeling of queasiness that came from realizing what he just did. "Well... guess it wasn't a dream..." He murmured to himself, as he began to walk the rest of the way. It was better, he decided, he not do that too often. Besides, he needed the time to think about just what it was he was going to do.


It only took Al a few minutes to get home, cutting down quiet still dark morning alleys and back yards. When Al approached his home, he would notice the front door open a crack. All else looked the same, cars in the yard, the lawn could probably stand to be mowed again. Down the street several houses a car door clunked shut as someone started up their car, nothing unusual.

In his pocket the little kitten would begin to shake, at first it might seem like a tired little stretch but it continued. There was a soft mewling sound that Al would clearly feel as fear.




Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2013, 07:45:08 PM »
At 2013-09-28 11:28:22, TheHangedMan (uid: 12227) rolls: 1d100 Result: 36

He continued his walk in a sort of solemn silence, left hand hanging half-in, half-out, of his pants pocket, the right hand gently petting Mori along his forehead. In the end, he wasn't sure he could commit to any action just yet. His anger had cooled down during the walk home.

He frowned a bit as he looked around at how normal everything was, save for the door. He would look down at Mori, and give a little sigh. "It's gonna be okay. Don't worry." He hoped it would, at least.  He would actually not go through the front door, but instead walked around until he could see the window into his room. He would attempt to use Dimension Door again, to just pop right into his room, in a clear spot by the window. Maybe he could get his things, and get out, without being noticed.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2013, 07:46:59 PM »
The window was partially veiled with Al's bedroom blind (or curtain) but all inside looked empty, just the way he left it. When he attempted to pass through his dimension door spell, it succeeded but instead of putting him into his room he simply came out the same way he came back in. Instinctively, he knew it worked perfectly. It just didn't put him where he had wanted to go.  Now his back was to the window and he was right where he started from..



OOC

Roll 1-100 random events!

1-25  You spot the flickering blue and red lights of a police car off the paint of the neighbors home. A police car was parked around back in their yard.
26-50  You see the flash of a uniformed officer ducking behind the neighbors garage. He had been moving closer to your position. You also spot the flickering blue and red lights.
51-75  You hear sirens approaching and realize that there is a couple sets from different directions and closing in on your street.
76-99  A police officer yells "Freeze, put your hands up on the wall where I can see them!" and he comes out from behind the neighbors garage.
100  Everything goes black and you drop unconscious.

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2013, 07:48:10 PM »
At 2013-09-28 11:48:37, TheHangedMan (uid: 12227) rolls: 1d100 Result: 66
 He frowned when it didn't seem to work the way he had wanted it to.  Was something goofing him up? or someone? And, even besides that point, he could now hear, in the distance, the sound of sirens. Police. That really didn't sit well with him.

While staying as cool and calm as he possibly could, he would leave from the house, choosing to forego trying to get his things. In his mind, those sirens spelled disaster for him. Maybe he was just being his usual, fearful self, and maybe he'd curse himself for it later on, but for the time being, he decided he had to get away.

So, he would try and get out of the neighborhood, by casually cutting through some other neighbors yards; choosing a path that did not involve fences getting in his way, dogs taking exception to his presence, and which would keep him as out of sight from the street as he could. This would not be the first time he's taken an indirect route; and while he wasn't planning to go to school, he was heading in the general direction he took to get there. It would give him plausible deniability, he figured. 

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2013, 07:49:42 PM »
Off in the distance there was a lot more sirens. Al probably had the right idea to get out of there. His route through other peoples yards and back paths was well out of the way. Unless you lived in the neighborhood most people wouldn't even know the paths were back there. He had little trouble getting to school.

As he rounded the corner though and got closer to the school he could hear the commotion then see the cars and trucks on the street. There in the parking lot were a couple of police vehicles and fire trucks. The school itself was on fire. From a couple blocks away, Al could see the school was fully engulfed in flames.

This had probably been the source of all the sirens in the neighborhood
.

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2013, 07:51:23 PM »
When he first caught sight of the flames in the distance, and listened to all the commotion--the sirens, and such-- around the place, the feeling of dread felt worse. It was as if he was already carrying a lead weight, and someone threw two more onto him. They ahd been in the school at the Mistlands; but at what point during their travels did they go from the 'human world', as he thought of it, to the 'mist world'? And did any of the things they do inside the school have an effect on the 'human world'?

He didn't know, and not having answers was frightening.  He briefly thought of texting or calling Rob; then he thought, it'd be better not to. He felt as if somehow, this would end up being blamed on them. He had no real good reason to think that; it sounded like the plot from a book or a video game. He knew that. And yet, it also made a strange sort of sense to him, because he very much feels like he's in a book, or a video game. It made sense, even though he felt like it shouldn't.

Confusion and indecision, and fear, and so many other things passed through his head. He would take out one of the granola bars he had brought with him, and munch on it as he continued to walk; away from the school. Now, he was heading off in the direction of the town library. And yet, still, he just conducts himself casually. He was under an immense amount of stress right now, but hiding it behind a mask of calmness was second nature.

And still, he would be doing his best to just stick to the more obscure streets. Keeping as out of sight as possible, without being suspiciously sneaky, seemed like a good strategy.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2013, 07:52:04 PM »
Al would have no problem getting to the library. There were some police cars and fire trucks whizzing around but they clearly had something very big to worry about so paid no attention to the young man.

It was still very early and many hours before dawn or when the library would be open. There was a chain coffee store still open nearby if he wanted to wait or he could just camp out on the steps. He would probably realize all of this while on his way there.

That's when he'd notice a man wearing a Hawaiian styled shirt with bright colored flower patterns all over it. He looked like a tourist and definitely out of place.

The man spoke up and waved in Al's general direction, "Bonjour! Hola! Hello! Pardon moi, do you speak englais?"

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2013, 07:52:31 PM »
A thought struck him, all of a sudden. Mori. Damn. Most places would not be happy to have a kitten in their premises. Maybe he could concoct a sob story to get an exception... or just hope that nobody noticed the little one in  the pocket of his flannel shirt.

Then, a second thought struck him, as he went to check the time on his phone.  His grasp of time was tenuous at best, and he'd probably be lost if not for the fact his phone kept track of the time for him.  He frowns a bit, noting that the library, like most places, wasn't likely to be open just yet. As he looked away from the phone, pocketing it, he would cast a glance around.

Bright colors. That's the first thing he focuses in on. There's no way in hell this guy is a local, he decides. Al also decides that he should be trusted as far as he could be thrown; and since Al had almost no upper body strength, that meant no trust. Nope. The only people he was going to trust from now on, were the other kids he had gone through that ordeal with.  Then again, perhaps later on, when the shock of revelations wears off, he'll be able to think more clearly, and realize that the whole world can't possibly be out after him.

"Hi. Yes, I do. What's up?" Al should probably be in drama class, with how at ease he seems to be.  The only thing that might seem suspicious is the way he seemed to be paying close attention to things around him, as well; not just the man in the shirt, but the general vicinity.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2013, 07:53:35 PM »
The man spoke with an obviously thick French accent. "Oui, very good." He pulled out a card and offered it to Al. "Your friends, they have been taken into custody by the police. They will be questioned. I am inspector Renault from Paris. I have some questions of my own. This would be much easier if I had you all in one place, Oui?"

He didn't make attempts to get closer or anything and just stood with arm extended offering his card. "I cannot help your friends and you if do not come with me."

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2013, 07:54:17 PM »
Al held his breath as the man in front of him offered a card. He did not take it, instead choosing to listen to him speak. When the Frenchman was done talking, Al let the trapped air out in a lengthy sigh. He took the card, and looked it over. He only spent a few seconds, just checking it out, before sticking it into his pocket.

The kid has a distant look in his eyes, as he processes this. He also was trying to recall something that their 'Godmother' had told them. "Have you ever been to Venice?" he'd ask, thinking that was subtle enough. He would also indicate, with hand gestures, for this Renault fellow to lead the way. Al would follow behind, keeping a foot or so of distance between them.

His instincts were to turn and run. Run, and hide, because that's how he solves almost everything in his life. But, he was more concerned about his friends, and what they were going through, then what might happen to him. Besides, he reassured himself. With his new powers, he could probably get out of any situation.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2013, 07:57:50 PM »
OOC:

This is where Al stopped. The strange Frenchmen, Inspector Renault told him that he was actually a part of the Council of Venice and that he would reunite him with his friends shortly. He made good on that promise when he took him down to the police station, kept Al separated from them for a bit then put them all together in the meeting room.