You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
 
December 08, 2016, 06:05:05 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC  (Read 4100 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »
Alfred "Al" Birche
Location: The Barrens
Tag: Everybody


The Mask didn't seem to work at the moment. Oh well. He would 'put it away', and move back towards the group, once he heard Godmother speaking. Thatw as just as well; he'd prefer to get out of here, more than anything else.

With the intuitive understanding he's picked up along the way, it was easy enough for him to open the barrier.  he would linger behind, though, choosing to be the last of them to pass through; he was afraid of any of them being trapped and stuck behind, to face a fate likely worse than death. And, there was something else bothering him, too. He had an inkling of an idea, but his own darkness demanded more than an idea. "Birth parents, or adoptive ones?"

He wanted to know who it was that was trying to sacrifice him. The others, as far as he knew, only had their blood families; but Al's situation left enough room for doubt.  What he did next would depend on what she had to say, if she chose to speak. For, as much as Al would like an answer, he realizes his time here needs to be finite, and the moment the other kids had passed through, he'd go with them, whether he had an answer or not.

Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2013, 01:46:01 PM »
Robert Long
Location:The Mistland Barrens, followed by the real world Barrens
Tag:Everyone


Robert was surprised by the woman’s quick change of expression. Looking at her as she smiled and seemed calmer, he couldn’t help but wonder if she had pulled something. Watching her out of the corner of his eyes, he didn’t miss the effect she had on the insects or the angry voice from the thing coming at them. Wishing he understood what it had said, he tried to remember the sounds so he could look it up later. He had a feeling it would be impossible to figure out the language.

With the Elemental still roaring around them, the winds swirling as it hunted for insect to rip apart, “This will get us home,” he asked just as she told them where it would take them.

Looking at the girls, “Let me go first just in case some of these things got through…” Looking at Al, he patted him on the shoulder, “See you on the flip side bro.” Running through the portal, Robert jumped as he passed through. The moment Robert went through Al’s portal, the roar of the Elemental stopped, the wind dying to nothing as dirt and pieces of rubbished fell from the sky.

Blinking as he looked around, the sound and smell of their home filled his head. Not realizing how heart warming the sound of traffic was, he sighed before turning to look for the portal. “It’s all good,” he called out, “Come on guys… Get your asses out of there…” he said holding his breath as he waited for the others.

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2013, 06:28:33 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: The dark realm, open field of the barrens
Tag: All

Maggie walks like the condemned, locking eyes briefly with Soo Jin, then Neela, then Al, before she follows Robert to through the portal.  She seems in a state of mild shock following everything she's seen, and she's holding gingerly to some small bundle in the pockets of her soot-stained, torn jacket.  Her pale skin is smudged and her red hair mussed and threaded with debris.  She wants to try to say something to them, but she can't.

Instead, she tugs her hood up and disappears into the portal behind Robert, and when they find themselves in the barrens again, she touches his back gently and stares, hopefully, at a place near the storm drains as if, only moments ago, she saw someone there.

"It's a long walk home," she says softly, waiting for the others to emerge safely before departing on the familiar trip to her family's apartment.

Offline Lithium

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2013, 08:03:02 PM »
Jeong Soo-Jin
Location: The dark realm
Tag: Everyone


Even though she realized that he probably meant well, Robert's comment about going first still rubbed Jin the wrong way - as if she needed him or anyone else to protect her. She had more important things to worry about than that at the moment, though. With a final glance back to the Godmother, Jin followed Robert through the portal leading back out into the real world, or at least what she considered to be the real world, her weapons fading away and her Aspect vanishing into a puff of black smoke.

The clean air and warmth of the sun against Jin's skin felt more pleasant than ever, but it seemed so irrelevant now that she barely even noticed. The only thoughts going through her head were of her parents and what they'd done. She knew that she could never go back home, as crushing as the thought was.

"Wait!" she called out suddenly and grabbed Maggie by the wrist. "You can't go back...didn't she tell you...?"

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2013, 08:15:51 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: The dark realm, open field of the barrens
Tag: All

Maggie turns and looks at Soo-Jin.  "What..?" 

She turns on her heel, her fair eyes scrutinizing Soo-Jin, sensing that-- yes, Virginia, it CAN get worse.

"Oh shit, what now..?"

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2013, 06:49:28 AM »
Neela Roland
Location : The barrens/real world morning
Tagging : Everyone


Neela heard the voice as if spoken miles away and brought to her ear canal on a wave of wind. Neela looked at the Godmother. Neela felt unsure about what she just promised to the Godmother. However, she never received a full answer on whether it was her birth parents or adoptive parents that were trying to kill her. And she would never admit to anyone that she hoped it was her birth parents that wanted to sacrifice her.

To Neela the Roland's were a gift scent from heaven, but if that gift were taken from her--she would truly be abandoned twice. Neela looked to Al then, even though she was older than he was--older than all of her classmates--she felt that he was very wise.

"Godmother, is it my birthparents that want me dead?"


Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2013, 01:32:07 PM »


Godmother didn't hear the words of protest or if she had she gave them no heed. She had already turned from the group walked away. In three steps she faded into a nothing more then twinkling motes of dust. The crazed insectoids and mists poured in on the remaining group members. They would have only moments to hop through into their own realm and close the gate behind them or be torn to shreds.

...

The other side was calm and thrummed with the buzz of a city waking up in the hours just before dawn. Warm fresh breezes blew over the grass and weeds of the barrens.

It was time now for them to return home and see what was waiting for them.




OOC
OOC:

You may post up to the point that you get to your homes - However, you choose to do that. I'll post what you see when  you arrive.

When not in the Mistlands, the group will find their abilities much harder to conjure up.
The spells/abilities will have less impact/force/effect.

Also each time you try to use a spell/ability or summon your Fae Aspect you will need to roll dice 1-100:

(1-60)     it works as intended,
(61-85)   it works but at half power or shatters on first use if an object,
(86-95)   it doesn't work at all,
(96-100) it seems to snap back like an invisible elastic band - The result feels like a kick to the chest causes an intense migraine that will last a minute or so. You will be unable to attempt any abilities/spells again for another 5 minutes while you recover.

Special Notes
The Fae Aspects physical forms can only be conjured when it's night. The sun has to be fully down.

Current Spells for Each Arcanist(more to come later)


Al
Fear Mask - a spell to create fear in others by projecting his inner most fears. It appears as a ghost like demon mask
Familiar - He will soon realize that he can possess his kitten and run around in it's body. 
Dimension Door (Mistlands jump) - He can use this to create a doorway to step from one location to the next but they must be two points within his line of site. Technically he passes through the Mistlands to do this but it's so brief that he barely feels the chill. He just goes in and comes out in the location that he chooses.  - It also allows him to seal some small cracks/rifts that might form between the realms. When in Mistlands if told where the weak points are he can also slice through from one realm to the next - This requires someone else to tell him where he can do it at.

Jin (Waiting on PM)
*will fill in once I receive the PM from Lithium*

Maggie
Force Push - Using a small amount of will she can create an invisible force like telekenisis to open a door or strong enough to knock down a person (it has about as much force as a charging NFL linebacker.) It can only be used to push on things.
Fae Connection (comes from Cern) - She can understand the Fae's spoken & Written languages, even sensing their emotions occasionally or sensing what they sense. Because of this she is bonded with a dozen tiny pixies.
Pixies (see above)
Ghosts/Spirits - The spirits and Fae are close kin. Both dwell in the Mistlands however sometimes spirits can drift into our realm. Maggie is able to see them and communicate with them in the moments that they are present. They will also be able to sense her as well. Spirits are both light and dark so be cautious.

Neela
 
Light - She can create a ball of light that glows with the light of the Fae (sun light). It is the natural deterrent of the dark, both acting as something to keep it at bay and burns the dark when it touches. The light can also be tossed like a little exploding tennis ball of light (a flash bang.)
Power of Suggestion(from the Incubus) - ("these are not the droids you are looking for"), while not true hypnosis it is able to give direction to another person's thoughts/emotions for a moment.

Robert
Shadow Form - Like a limited form of invisibility. Can only be done in a dark shadow and the shadow only covers what it is large enough to cover.
Elemental Wind - He can cause a strong gust of wind, strong enough to knock several people off of their feet.




Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2013, 02:32:41 PM »
Alfred "Al" Birche
Location: The Barrens, going home
Tag: Everybody
At 2013-09-26 14:28:12, TheHangedMan (uid: 12227) rolls: 1d100 Result: 52


"...Wait! Hey!" He would call out after their Godmother, but... damn. She was gone. And he sure as hell wasn't sticking around any longer. He comes out of the portal behind everyone else, and quickly works to seal it shut on the human world side of things. Afterwards, he teeter-totters a bit; as if he might collapse.  His hands are balled into fists that vibrate with tense energy, fingers practically digging into the palms of his hands.

"Damn, shit... fuck... hell..." He kicks at the ground, kicking up some dust, an impotent expression of his anger. "Mewww. Mrrr. Mreow!" Mori, the half-blind kitten, still resting in his pocket, seemed to be scared or perhaps concerned.  Al and the kitten had a strong connection with each other; though the kid didn't know just how strong it would become, given time. The kitten, young as it was, still knew, could sense the turmoil coming to a rapid boil inside Al.

"Well, I don't know what you guys want to do... but I have business to take care of. If anybody wants me, Rob has my number... but I'm gonna be turning my phone off, at least until I'm done. Seen one too many movies to risk someone giving me away." He kind of spoke, to the others, to all of them in general, but he was also kind of murmuring. He wasn't looking directly at anyone, but instead, off into the distance.

He stared out, as far as he could see away from the barrens, in the direction that would bring him closer to his home. All of a sudden, he just disappears, kitten and all. He mvoed maybe a hundred feet, and when he pops back out into the human world a single second later, he teeter-totters again. He didn't even feel or sense the Mistlands he traveled through, but there was still an odd feeling of queasiness that came from realizing what he just did. "Well... guess it wasn't a dream..." He murmured to himself, as he began to walk the rest of the way. It was better, he decided, he not do that too often. Besides, he needed the time to think about just what it was he was going to do.

Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2013, 04:59:35 PM »
Robert Long
Location:The Barrens
Tag:Everyone


Turning if/when Maggie starts to leave, Robert moved closer to her and Jin when Jin spoke to her. “What’s going on? Who was supposed to tell us what… This is the first time I’ve seen anyone but Maggie since everyone went into the school and I got dragged into the fog.” Standing in the light of the day, it was obvious that Robert is covered with cuts and scratches. His tattered t-shirt was covered in blood, not all of which was his own.

“First we all share a dream and then we get thrown into some Mistland place…” he said shaking his head, “I just want to know what is going on.”

Watching Al walk away, “Al, wait…” he stopped when he saw him vanish. Turning to look at the other, “What the hell is going on?” Taking a deep breath, “Listen… I live just a couple blocks from here… If everyone wants to go to my place we can us my brother’s car to get everyone home or wherever they want to go.”

“I think it might be a good idea if we all give each other or phone numbers,” he said moving to Neela. “Sorry…” he said as he (attempted) to reach into the pocket of the jacket Neela still wore. The one he had handed her back before they all went into the school. "I just need my phone... If this happens again I want to know I can try calling someone if I need to.”
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:11:23 PM by London »

Offline Lithium

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2013, 08:13:31 PM »
Jeong Soo-Jin
Location: The barrens
Tag: Everyone


Jin slowly let go of Maggie's wrist when she was sure that the other girl wasn't going to leave and positioned herself so that she was facing both Maggie and Robert. Apparently they weren't aware. She wasn't relishing the task of having to tell them about their families, but somebody obviously had to.

"Our parents were all trying to sacrifice us to demons, or the darkness or whatever...probably the same things that were trying to kill us back there," Jin said impassively, still shocked by the revelation herself. "That woman...the Godmother showed us. It's not safe at any of our houses."

Jin noticed Al leaving, but he was already too far gone and she wasn't about to go running after him. She could kind of tell that she wouldn't be able to talk him out of whatever he was going to do anyways.

Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2013, 08:47:07 AM »
Robert Long
Location:The Barrens
Tag:Everyone


Confused by Jin’s comment, “Hold on Jin… My parents barely know I’m alive… They wouldn’t put that much effort in doing anything when I’m involved. Hell no one in my family has spoken to me in nearly two months…” Running his hand through his hair to collect his thoughts, “Who is this Godmother… Is that the woman that who was on the other side?”

Looking between the girls, “Ok… Let’s say I believe this… That our parents tried to sacrifice us to that place… Where do you suggest we go? I have money so that’s not a problem… But I can’t walk around in bloody cloths... I’ll need to at least sneak in to get some cloths… But where do we go after that?”

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2013, 09:38:49 AM »
Maggie Foss
Location: The dark realm, open field of the barrens
Tag: All

She tugs at Robert's arm and glances over at the others.  "I'll go with you, help you out.  I'll swipe a jacket or something along the way." 

Mags cuts her eyes at the others, sniffs and lowers her head, then refocuses her eyes on Soo-Jin.  "Look... I'm not saying you're wrong, Jin," huddling her jean jacket closer around her, she looks out with her blue eyes cold and older than her years. "I just don't believe that my mother would do anything requiring her to do... anything.  But...it's just us that they want, right?  My little brothers-- they don't want them, do they?  They're normal kids, not... what we are, right?" 

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2013, 12:03:27 PM »
Neela Roland
Location: The real world (Morning)
Tagging : Everyone
At 2013-09-28 11:54:37, Neela Roland (uid: 45339) rolls: 1d100 Result: 29


The Godmother disappeared before she could answer Neela's question. Neela felt a tear run down her face before she leaped through the portal, just before Al was able to close it. She landed on the asphalt of the street that was more familiar to her than the barren lands. She stood and looked at her fellow classmates feeling strange. This was surreal, truly. Neela briefly thought this was dream but shook her head as she remembered the real pain she felt from crashing her bike.

Neela felt Rob reach into his jacket and take his phone she shook her head that she did not mind it. While the others were talking, Neela lifted her left hand willing herself to produce the same light she used in the mist lands, a small orb of light was conjured in her hand and Neela gasped at the result of the magic. Neela shook her hand and the light disappeared, she stuffed it in her pocket and looked at the group as they discussed where they would go now.

"I still don't know if my birth parents or my adoptive parents want me dead. I'm too afraid to discover if it is both of them." Neela looked to Ixy's blue eyes and nodded her head.

"I think I may go to Robert's as well, I can pick up some clothes along the way."

Neela decided that she did not want to know. She would write a letter for her adoptive parents telling them something about going to find her birth parents. She would tell them she was with friends so she was safe, and that she had money saved to get there. She hoped that they would not worry too long.


Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2013, 12:31:58 PM »


Off in the distance the sounds of sirens grew louder. Nothing unusual in the city but they got louder and louder.

Suddenly a megaphone blared out with a loud squelching sound, a little crackle then a deep male voice.

"We have the area surrounded, put your hands above your heads and don't make any sudden moves. We just want to ask you a few questions..."

A few police officers with shotguns and pistols came out from around the side of one of the old boxcars, and few more came across the field from the warehouse area. If they looked around they would spot another couple officers not far off in the bushes. A long rifle barrel and the flash of as scope could be seen from one of the warehouse windows as well - quite possibly intentionally just to let them know that they were there. It was clearly a show of force but no one looked trigger happy.

"Just remain calm, and slowly get to your knees with your hands still on your heads..."





Offline Lithium

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2013, 12:49:18 PM »
Jeong Soo-Jin
Location: The barrens
Tag: Everyone


"Whoever you're living with now," Jin clarified for Robert and Neela, "...they have to be close to cast their spell or curse or whatever it is. She showed me my parents doing it." She did her best to remain strong and stoic, hiding the pain that she had to relive just by saying the words out loud.

Jin was just about to agree about going with the others even though she didn't think it was the best idea. She didn't want to waste time trying to talk them out of going back to one of their houses, and the most important part was probably that they stick together, but in the end they never even got the chance to move.

Gasping as the police announced their presence, Jin instinctively placed herself back to back with Robert so that they could better defend themselves, but it only took a couple of seconds for the realization that they were more or less helpless to sink in. Jin could feel it in her veins that the magic which she'd used in the other realm would be weaker here, and even if it wasn't, they'd all be full of bullets before successfully casting anything.

"Just do it and play innocent...you don't remember anything, you woke up this way," Jin cautioned the others before slowly getting down on her knees and putting her hands on top of her head as instructed.

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »
Neela Roland
Location : The real world (Morning)
Tagging : Everyone


Neela flinched when she heard the sirens blaring in the distance. She jumped at the voice telling her and her classmates to put their hands above their heads. Maybe they were wondering why a group of children broke into the school at night? Neela cursed at herself when she thought about cameras that might have recorded their faces and the break in.

Heart beating quickly, Neela bent down on her knees with her hands above her head as she saw the cops with weapons aimed at them. She did not know if the others would obey but she would ... for now.

Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2013, 02:55:25 PM »
Robert Long
Location:The Barrens
Tag:Everyone


Reaching over to hold Maggie’s hand when she tugged on his arm, Robert gave her a little squeeze as he listened to the others. He didn’t want to believe Jin, but somewhere deep down he had a feeling she wouldn’t lie about something like this. “This is just too weird…” he said nodding slowly, “But ok. I’ll just sneak in and get some cloths then we can find someplace to hideout until we figure out what’s going on. I wish Al hadn’t left so fast… Do any of you have someplace we can go?”

When Neela said she would go with him, Robert felt a little relieved that they wouldn’t be alone. “We should stay together…” he started when he heard the sirens. Pushing his back to Jin’s, he held Maggie’s hand in his own.

Giving a soft chuckle when Jin said to do as they were told, “Easy for you to say… You’re not covered with blood,” he said just loud enough for Maggie, Jin, and Neela to hear.

Giving Maggie’s hand a little squeeze, “Ok… Take it easy…” he said as he slowly got to his knees. Slowly holding his hands over his head, he whispered to the girls, “I hope playing dumb works… If they ask about the blood you don’t know anything…” he said ready to take the fall for something if he needed to.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2013, 03:28:43 PM »

((I'm proxy'ing Ixy's character to keep this moving.  GM post will be below.))


Maggie Foss
Location: Barrens
Tag: All




Maggie had been clinging to Robert's hand and was a little reluctant to let go when the police arrived but did as she was told. She knelt down with hands on her head and went along with whatever was said.





The arrest of four teenagers in the barrens went smoothly. The police put down their guns as soon as they frisked the teenagers to ensure there was no concealed weapons. Then they put them all in separate squad cars and took them to the police station.

Once inside, they were all taken to separate rooms for questioning. Not a lot of questioning actually went on though. They were offered soda, people checked on them. Some people came in and asked them to state for the record their names, addresses, and the school they attended but no real probing questions. They also weren't willing to share a lot of information and any attempts to ask to speak to a lawyer would be laughed at and met with a "Don't worry, legal council will be here shortly to advise you of your rights."

This would go on for several hours until the sun started to rise...

At dawn they were all brought into a room that looked like a small meeting room with a table and chairs at it. Al was already in their waiting for them.



« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 04:11:29 PM by Moraline »

Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2013, 03:47:46 PM »
Robert Long
Location:Police station
Tag:Everyone, open


Wishing he could stay with the others, Robert went quietly but kept trying turning to see where the others were. Looking at the soda when it was brought to him, “I don’t drink soda’s…” he lied. As much as he wanted something to drink after the long night, he didn’t want a something as sweet as a soda.

Wondering who his legal council was, “I haven’t called a lawyer… Who’s coming?” Robert was wondering if he should call his father’s lawyer when someone took him to a conference room. Seeing Al, he moved into the room, “Dude… Are you alright?”

When he sees the others, Robert looks at each of them, “Are you ok?” When he sees Maggie, he moves closer to her, his protective nature kicking in.

Looking at one of the officers, “So is anyone going to tell us what is going on? Why were we arrested,” he asked getting mad at the way they were being treated.

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2013, 03:56:23 PM »
Neela Roland
Location : Police Station
Tagging : [OPEN] Everyone.


Neela and the rest of her classmates were arrested and taken to the local police station and kept in holding rooms for until sun up. Neela leaned on the table in front of her staring at her can of soda, tired. No matter what questions she asked, she went ignored. She felt ominous about what had happened. Her thoughts turned to the others and her stomach turned, feeling upset. As if she was sick, Neela stood and went to the corner of the room retching. Nothing came up.

Slamming her hand against the wall, Neela cursed and flinched when the door opened. She was guided to a large conference room next by a police officer. She looked at Al who was there already and her eyebrows furrowed. She was sure he had left before the police officers arrived at the scene. "Do you know what is going on Al?"

Neela looked over to Robert and Maggie and then to Soo Jin when she arrived. "Al how did they catch you? You were gone."

Offline Lithium

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2013, 04:47:41 PM »
Jeong Soo-Jin
Location: Police station
Tag: Everyone


Jin answered the basic questions about herself when the officers asked her, knowing that it was all information which they surely already had anyways, and if not they could very easily get it. She would have played dumb if they asked her anything about the previous night, but they didn't. She also tried asking her own questions about what was going on, but after seeing how the officers were replying to her as if she was just a dumb little kid, she gave up on that too.

When they moved her to a different room, Jin just hoped that she wouldn't see her parents there waiting for her. Luckily it was just her friends, or at least she figured they were kind of friends after everything they'd been through together. Maybe not, she wasn't really sure, nor was she really sure that she cared.

"No, I'm sure just he just came for the free soda," Jin cut in sardonically after Neela's question. She obviously wasn't in the best of moods after being held in a room for several hours.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:08:24 PM by Lithium »

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2013, 05:04:07 PM »
Alfred "Al" Birche
Location: Police Station - Conference Room
Tag: Everybody


He was nervous the whole time he waited in the conference room. All of last night, all of the walking when they got back, being trapped in his mind with what felt like a hundred unanswered questions... they all took their toll on him. To say nothing of how tiring it was to maintain a state of heightened alert for as long as he did...

When the other kids catch up with him, he has dark rings under his bloodshot eyes.  He couldn't hide the tiredness any more. He could persevere through it, continue to remain awake and cognizant because he felt as if he had no choice in the matter; because he could pass out later. But, the difficulty is showing.

"It's a long story." He murmured, after a sigh. "I'm fine, Rob. Cats got nine lives, right? I've got seven left." He joked, but it came across in a sort of obtuse way. There was his gallows humor again... but if one knew Al, really knew him, they might want to question his choice of the number 'seven'. Tired as he was, he wouldn't just pick any old number.

"try to stay calm, though, alright?" he'd ask this of Rob, after his outburst. He couldn't blame them. If he'd been stuck in a cell for hours, gone through being handcuffed and all sorts of other things, like he's seen on shows like NCIS, he'd be damn angry, too. But, he knew that the day was just getting started, and it was going to be one of those long, hard days. There was wisdom in conserving ones energy for when it was needed.

He flicked a half empty can of Coca-Cola near him when he heard Jin's comment about free soda. "Fuel for the fire. At least it's something." He took a swig of it.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2013, 05:25:43 PM »

((I'm proxy'ing Ixy's character to keep this moving.  GM post will be below.))


Maggie Foss
Location: Police Station - Conference Room
Tag: Everyone




Maggie was largely quiet. She took it all in and didn't talk about what happened with her in the holding rooms. She only glanced over at Robert when he hovered around. All the terrifying stuff then seen, it was a lot.  The Police had frisked her but didn't feel anything hard on her. She had checked her pocket, somewhere along the way the little pixies that she'd been caring for had slipped out. She knew they were out there, nearby she could feel it. She just didn't know where.




A man entered the room. He had on glasses with flipped up clip on sun shades, wore a Hawaiian styled shirt with bright colored flower patterns all over it and looked like a tourist.

He spoke, "Bonjour, I am inspector Renault from Par'ee." His thick french accent laced his words. "The cameras, they are out so we may speak freely here, oui. As Alber' may have told you or no," He gestured to Al. "I am representative from Council of Venice."

He paused to gave it a moment to sink it. At this point he was assuming they may no very little. "We 'ave never before seen so many young arcanists in the same area before. You should have began to have dreams, very vivid ones, Oui? Although those might have been terrifying. As you may or may not know this is because of your guardians."  He paused again.

"I am very sorry to say that your guardians and all of your families.... Well, all of your guardians were, how you say.. spies. Not good. The little ones, I'm afraid they are gone. Most probably they were spies too.  Oh, so much to tell you and so little time. I am so very sorry for all of this. We should have had much time with you before this. We only found out about you a couple days ago through our Fae contacts. They informed us of this event and we came as soon as we could....  Forgive me, I talk too much. Ask your questions and I will try to answer them. However, please keep in mind that we must be leaving soon. If we stay they will accuse you of the deaths of your families and put you in prison."

His face bore an expression of concern as he looked around at the young faces. Most had been cleaned up a bit, given water and wash clothes while waiting earlier but they still were unkempt, dirty, and all of them smelled of acrid smoke like that of a burning building.





Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2013, 05:39:18 PM »
Robert Long
Location:Police station
Tag:Everyone, open


Looking at Al when he made his joke, "Dude... Now's not the time with your morbid jokes..." Robert didn't miss the comment of seven lives left. "Where's your cat," he asked a little nervous. He knew that Al didn't go far without that kitten. 

Glaring at Al when he was told to stay calm, Robert nodded, taking a long breath before letting it out, "Yeah... You're right bud. Just way to much in to short a time."

"Dreams... Yeah you can say it started with dreams," Robert nearly yelled, "But tell me... Who ever the hell you are... Does this look like a dream," he said pulling up his shirt to show the cuts and scratches. "I don't know you mister so don't act like you are trying to be my friend. Just tell me what the hell happened."

Taking another long breath to stay calm, "What do you mean our parents were just spies? Where are our real parents if they were spies?" Shaking his head, "Great... I'll be arrested for killing people that hardly knew I was alive... Just perfect... So what's next?"

Offline Lithium

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - IC
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2013, 06:20:39 PM »
Jeong Soo-Jin
Location: Police station
Tag: Everyone


Jin frowned incredulously when the man with the Hawaiian shirt walked into the room, looking absolutely ridiculous, but once he started explaining himself she actually felt relieved. Sort of, at least until he got to the part about them being accused of the murders of their entire families. The part about their families betraying them and wanting to sacrifice them to some sort of sinister dark power was still painful, but she already knew about that.

It was insanity that anyone could believe that a bunch of kids had all murdered their entire families at the same time, but then again, after everything that she'd seen over the past night, she had to imagine that it was possible for them to be framed.

At this point, Jin wasn't even interested in asking questions, she just wanted to leave the police station. They'd have time for questions later when they weren't in danger of being accused of multiple felonies and probably facing life in prison.

"Can we just get out of here and talk on the way to wherever? It can't be worse than here."