You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
 
December 10, 2016, 06:25:08 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC  (Read 6008 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2013, 04:14:20 PM »
It's a good thing I didn't write about entering the building. XD

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2013, 04:17:47 PM »
Just transferring this over here to keep it in peoples minds - Please make sure you've read it.



Today's RP:

  • Begin by getting all the characters together. I believe Maggie is going to try to run into the school.   
  • It's night. The school doors are locked and most likely chained up on the inside. The windows are either barred or have those little wires in them to keep them from breaking.   
  • Make your posts. Keep them SHORT(so we can move fast) and every action should come with a question here in OOC for me.
    You won't need to ask if you pick up your iPhone if you drop it but you should ask if the door ahead of you is locked when you try to turn it. Or if you want to look into a closet you should ask about it before you attempt it, etc...
    The primary philosophy here is that you are going to "attempt/try" every major action and I will tell you if it can happen and/or if you need to make a roll on it.   
  • I'll be making GM posts periodically in between player posts but for certain at the end of every posting rotation. So from here on out today, I'm in the posting rotation.
  • Small environment points to keep in mind
    It's dark, there is a mist/fog everywhere so the sky is pretty much pitch black.
    The surrounding city just looks like suddenly everyone vanished from it. Not even animals around (except Al's kitty). So a few odd lights are on and what would normally be open is open and what would normally be closed is closed. 
  • In front of the school the shadows now are no longer warped, instead they appear to be rippling in slow waves.   
  • *NOTE* As soon as everyone gets caught up to the school I'll make the first GM post of the day.
    I think we are just waiting on RainyHigh(Neela) to catch up but she's waiting on Lithium(Jin) to respond to a text.   
  • YIM - If anyone wants my YIM to ask questions, just send me a PM with your YIM address in it and I'll add you to my lists. 
  • <I'll add to this if needed in the next few minutes if anyone has any questions?>   

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2013, 04:50:02 PM »
Question is Soo-Jin and everyone on the same side of the school or on opposite ends?

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »
You are all now together. In front of a door that Maggie is going to try and open.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2013, 05:08:07 PM »
Once you all post after me, we'll start to use it as the posting order.

Ixy
RainyHigh
TheHangedMan
Lithium
GM
(temp-NPC-Robert)

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2013, 05:35:38 PM »
After I post...

@ Ixy - You just know in your heart that if you try that door one more time it'll open.

Roll the dice 1-100.

If you get less then 50 the door clicks open just as your hand is within a few millimeters from it. It's something that only you can notice.

If you roll 51+ The door collapses inward as if something unseen yet powerful moved in front of you, put it's shoulder into it and the door buckled under the pressure. The door will totally collapse inwards.

*edited to improve clarity*
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:52:22 PM by Moraline »

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »
*Don't forget to link your rolls at the start of your posts*

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
NOTICE:  Ixy was unexpectedly called away and is having difficulties trying to keep up via cellphone. She is going to be unable to continue tonight.  I'll be carrying on with her and London during the course of the week to finish them out.

That means that I'll be writing her out of the scene.




After I post...

@ Everyone - You can make your posts a little longer. Have them lead up to the room, assuming your character decides to investigate and maybe help the boy that's at first unseen. Go ahead and cover all the noises and first sights.



@ TheHangedMan - As the next scene unfolds and you arrive at the classroom....

When it's your turn, Roll the Dice 1-100.

1-50 - you'll remember a name, Gwyn ap Nudd. A pair of eyes exactly like his that you suddenly remember from every nightmare you've ever had in your life. The eyes of the abusive man who pretended to be your birth father. A memory that you tried to block out but haunted your dreams over and over your whole life. Gwyn ap Nudd was his real name and not Mr Birche.

51-75 - You just know if you speak that name out loud the Goblin will focus on you. It will come for you. He'll beat you, lock you in broom closet.. He'll He'll... hurt you. It's probably the most frightening thing you could possibly imagine.

76-100 - In your heart you know you can stand up to him.  Roll again 1-100 (add this roll to the bottom of your post)


Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2013, 07:04:21 PM »
Sorry for my posting delays there. I had to write a GM post and two characters. I got rid of one of them and I'll write the other one out soon as well. That will speed my posts back up.

@RainyHigh - It's your turn to post now.

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2013, 07:26:16 PM »
I think she disappeared? ???

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2013, 07:29:23 PM »
I think she disappeared? ???
Her profile says she was just here/logged in a minute ago. I'm sure she's just working on her post. We'll give her a few more minutes.



Any questions about my post? It might have been a bit rushed so I'm not sure if it came out clearly.

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2013, 07:32:08 PM »
Ahh, maybe she's invisible. That always goofs me up.

I found the post perfectly clear. No questions.

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »
I'll have it up in ten!

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2013, 07:49:59 PM »
Post up.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2013, 08:28:03 PM »
After my post... This time: Jin posts first, Al, then Neela

@ Jin - Instinct will tell you to raise your shield arm to block and block his attack you will.

Roll Dice 1-100

1-50 - You feel the projection of your will. In your heart you know that it's all you. It makes no sense but it's like your arm represents a shield. In affect you can even sense it - Like an over-sized roman legionaries shield. In your heart and mind you can picture every layer of metal and if you just hold it up IT WILL PROTECT YOU! One foot slides behind the other and your body will brace for impact. You are strong, you are The Warrior!

51-75 - The bloody goblin sword/machete comes down with wildly insane ferocity. All of the above is true but it can't be real and this is insanity to even think it. The shield blocks that blow but you feel it shatter like glass. Only you can see it and only you can feel it but it hurts as if someone just kicked you in the gut.

76-100 - You can like just Karate kick/punt that little son of a bitch! If you want to then go for it. He'll bounce across that room like a rubber ball. It won't kill him as he'll just get right back up from it but damn it'll feel good.


@ Al - It occurs to you that Gwyn ap Nudd is going to kill Jin or one of your other friends. He's your nightmare. Hell it's not even a nightmare... It's all coming back to you...

You'll remember a name, Gwyn ap Nudd. A pair of eyes exactly like his that you suddenly remember from every nightmare you've ever had in your life. The eyes of the abusive man who pretended to be your birth father. A memory that you tried to block out but haunted your dreams over and over your whole life. Gwyn ap Nudd was his real name and not Mr Birche.

*If you could just get behind him, maybe you could just wrap your arms around him and stop him from swining his sword. Of course you have no idea what to do after that but I'm sure someone else will think of something.

It occurs to you that if this was a dream then you could just will yourself behind him...

Roll Dice 1-100

1-50 - You know in your heart and mind that you can do it. With a single step forward you appear to others like you walk into nothingness and disappear with some sort of spectacular effects (up to you). When you pass through you feel the cool of the mists and it's like a long blink and a long heart beat then you step out on the other side, right behind the Goblin.Grab him!

51-100 - It happens the same as above but in that heartbeat between steps when you are neither here nor there you see the same classroom and hall but it's all blackened, burned, the stone is crumbling, and twisted looking things seem to pour out of every crack and rampage down the halls after you.

Then a woman's arms wrap around you. Her skin is softer then anything you could have imagined, her long white hair spills out over your shoulders like gossamer silk, and together you both step out behind the Goblin! Grab him!

@ Neela - If only it wasn't so dark in here. You can tell that the shadows are closing in. The others don't notice it but you do. They are coming and as you look on they swallow Maggie, her feet are pulled out from under her and she's dragged back into the darkness.

Roll Dice 1-100

1-50 - If you reach out for Maggie in that moment a pulse of bright light like a flash explodes from your hand. It drives back the shadows like a flaming fiery back-draft. It's pure white light pulses a few times down the halls. Maggie is gone but you see with clarity little cat like eyes, black shapes like centipedes that scatter when the light strikes.

51-100 - If you reach out for Maggie in that moment a tiny point of light forms in front of you (feel free to add some other little effects if you wish) When it's fully forms it remains a tiny point of light shining like a beacon, it's pure white light radiating warmth like the light of a summer sun.  It's pure white light pulses a few times down the halls. Maggie is gone but you see with clarity little cat like eyes, black shapes like centipedes that scatter when the light strikes.

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2013, 08:29:21 PM »
Crap should I erase my previous post and do a new one Moraline?

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2013, 08:32:39 PM »
Crap should I erase my previous post and do a new one Moraline?
Nope it's okay. I worked it into the story.

Sorry took a moment to get the Maggie post up too. I almost forgot her. LOL

I pulled Maggie and Neela back out into the hall with each other.

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2013, 08:40:42 PM »
So I post after the Jin and Al correct?

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
So I post after the Jin and Al correct?
Correct

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2013, 09:07:06 PM »
Taking a bit of initiative with my post... if that's not cool, just say the word, Moraline. You know I'm flexible.  :-)

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2013, 09:09:03 PM »
Taking a bit of initiative with my post... if that's not cool, just say the word, Moraline. You know I'm flexible.  :-)
It was good!

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2013, 09:13:31 PM »

Offline RainyHigh

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »
Hey I am on the dice bot but do we leave everything in the fields at default or change anything?

Offline TheHangedMan

  • Wandering Lap Cat. Sidhe.
  • On Hiatus
  • Addict
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2010
  • Location: In the tall grass, where words twist like snakes.
  • Gender: Male
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2013, 09:15:30 PM »
"Dice" should be 1 and "Sides" should be 100

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2013, 09:19:20 PM »
He is correct.

If you need additional help with it. I created a little 5 step simple tutorial for the Dicebots basic usage or pop back in here.

Dicebot Tutorial (simple version)
http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=184389.0