Urban fantasy/supernatural: Fast-PbP, System-Lite (Recruiting)

Started by Moraline, September 01, 2013, 01:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

@Lithium - You're like my partner in crime! Totally so glad that you were able to join us. Character approved! Thanks for joining.

So far we have:

GM and Fairy godmother by Me (Moraline) *EDIT* I don't count in player totals
Maggie Foss by Ixy
Neela Roland by RainyHigh
Al Birche by TheHangedMan
Jeong Soo-Jin by Lithium

We just need one more and I think we will aim for a male this time. Then I'll start up the first threads so we can poke around and make ourselves at home in it. No reason we can't get some basic character posts up in it before the GM'd Scenario happenings.

What's everybody's thoughts on a GM'd Scenario evening? How does next Saturday night sound? (US East Coast timezone -5 GMT) We could even get the ball rolling earlier in the day for anyone that happens to be online.

TheHangedOne

Saturday evening works good for me. However, I am also fairly flexible (can't do this Tuesday, though).
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Lithium

Saturday works for me. And I'm also pretty flexible, but for weeknights sometimes I might not be available until like 8pm EST. And starting from not this coming week but the one after that, I probably won't be available on Wednesday evenings.

Lorelei

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

AribethAmkiir

Oh well, too slow.  Looks like an awesome game Moraline.  Hope you all have fun with it.  If anyone steps out or you decide to take another female character, let me know.

Good luck.

Lorelei

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 01, 2013, 11:32:40 PM
Err... are you planning to join?

I would but it looks like you're already full (for females at least) and I don't think I could make the scheduled evenings.

Moraline

I'll let you guys know when I open up the game to more players outside the core scenario group.

Just NEED 1 more Male for GM'd Scenario now. Any takers?

London

I would love to be part of this game. It sounds exciting and a lot of fun. Here's my character for you to ok.

Robert Long
Player Name: London
Description: Starting at age 14. Standing 5’3” and weighing 123lbs, Robert is a thin teenager with dark black hair and deep emerald green eyes. Normally dressed in an old army coat, it’s hard to tell much about him. He looks like most teenagers that live on the street.

Clichés

• Gaming
  • Skateboarding
  • History Club
  • Drama Club
  • Sneaky

Tools:

• Skateboard
  • Old Army Jacket
  • Smart Phone
  • Backpack

Hooks:
Although impossible to tell just from looking at him, Robert comes from a very wealthy family. Being the youngest of four children, he has always been left behind and felt forgotten by most of his family. Even though he comes from money, he is nothing like his older sibling and flashing it around. Although he always has money in his pocket, he would be more likely to buy something for someone and give it to them without them knowing. Having always been independent, he has grown into a teen that feels like he doesn’t need anyone. This is far from the truth. Robert stays in the shadows most of the time, but truly enjoys acting in the Drama Club.

Tales:
When Robert was ten, he had met a group of skateboards that took him under their wing. Teaching him how to ride a skateboard at first, he also learned how to sneak out of the house. It wasn’t until he came home in the early hours of the morning and ran into his father that he realized that no one even missed him. Over the years, he became so skilled in sneaking around he started staying out more and more until he was barely home at all.

Going on vacation with his family one year, Robert slipped away from the others to ride his skateboard. Rolling down the boardwalk, he kicked his board up to walk under one of the piers. Seeing a girl around his own age playing in the sand, he moved closer to talk to her. Laughing with her for the longest time, he looked up when he heard his older sister yelling his name. Watching her walk over, his sister asked him when he had started making sand castles. Looking back to the castle the girl had been working, she had disappeared. His sister pulled him away telling him that everyone was waiting for him to go to dinner. As they walked away, Robert looked back over his shoulder, seeing the girl smile at him before vanishing before his eyes.

Moraline

Quote from: London on September 02, 2013, 06:39:29 PM
I would love to be part of this game. It sounds exciting and a lot of fun. Here's my character for you to ok.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Robert Long
Player Name: London
Description: Starting at age 14. Standing 5’3” and weighing 123lbs, Robert is a thin teenager with dark black hair and deep emerald green eyes. Normally dressed in an old army coat, it’s hard to tell much about him. He looks like most teenagers that live on the street.

Clichés

• Gaming
  • Skateboarding
  • History Club
  • Drama Club
  • Sneaky

Tools:

• Skateboard
  • Old Army Jacket
  • Smart Phone
  • Backpack

Hooks:
Although impossible to tell just from looking at him, Robert comes from a very wealthy family. Being the youngest of four children, he has always been left behind and felt forgotten by most of his family. Even though he comes from money, he is nothing like his older sibling and flashing it around. Although he always has money in his pocket, he would be more likely to buy something for someone and give it to them without them knowing. Having always been independent, he has grown into a teen that feels like he doesn’t need anyone. This is far from the truth. Robert stays in the shadows most of the time, but truly enjoys acting in the Drama Club.

Tales:
When Robert was ten, he had met a group of skateboards that took him under their wing. Teaching him how to ride a skateboard at first, he also learned how to sneak out of the house. It wasn’t until he came home in the early hours of the morning and ran into his father that he realized that no one even missed him. Over the years, he became so skilled in sneaking around he started staying out more and more until he was barely home at all.

Going on vacation with his family one year, Robert slipped away from the others to ride his skateboard. Rolling down the boardwalk, he kicked his board up to walk under one of the piers. Seeing a girl around his own age playing in the sand, he moved closer to talk to her. Laughing with her for the longest time, he looked up when he heard his older sister yelling his name. Watching her walk over, his sister asked him when he had started making sand castles. Looking back to the castle the girl had been working, she had disappeared. His sister pulled him away telling him that everyone was waiting for him to go to dinner. As they walked away, Robert looked back over his shoulder, seeing the girl smile at him before vanishing before his eyes.
I was talking to you outside the forums and yes, your character is accepted.

Now we just need to get our first threads up.

I'll get those threads posted up sometime in the next 24 hours.

Does anyone want to see my scrapbook of world notes before we begin or would you like to keep most of it a surprise? I'm open to any questions you might have.

Ixy

The surprise is what I'm most looking forward to, honestly

Moraline

Quote from: Ixy on September 02, 2013, 07:21:37 PM
The surprise is what I'm most looking forward to, honestly
I'm cool with that. I like to keep things surprising too. It's good to keep the characters reacting to stuff in unexpected ways.

As we go along it will probably be a better time for questions. (Especially during the growth gaps.)

Lithium

TheHangedOne

Looking forward to the start.  :-) I've seen a bit, but prefer anything new be kept secret (unless you really want to share).
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Recruiting for the expanded world will begin shortly.
We will be looking for players to play supernatural creatures, and to fill in other roles.
I'll provide more information over the next several days.
The new recruits won't be committed to any "game nights," it will just be regular system-lite postings.
Post here if you're possibly interested.

*Updated first post*

Lorelei

Quote from: Moraline on September 03, 2013, 03:09:13 PM
Recruiting for the expanded world will begin shortly.
We will be looking for players to play supernatural creatures, and to fill in other roles.
I'll provide more information over the next several days.
The new recruits won't be committed to any "game nights," it will just be regular system-lite postings.
Post here if you're possibly interested.

*Updated first post*

I would be interested when recruitment opens again.  I would prefer to be human or as close to human as possible but I am flexible.