You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 11:10:02 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Two Worlds and in Between (F for M [or F or other?])  (Read 339 times)

Offline SuspiresTopic starter

Two Worlds and in Between (F for M [or F or other?])
« on: August 30, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »
Hi there, and welcome!

I've got a hankering for one of those stories where characters from different worlds (metaphorically or literally) are thrown together and have to depend on each other, with assorted drama and mess along the way.  I'm looking for a foundation of plot but also smut, exact proportions to be worked out by us.  Like in my O/Os thread, I want a partner who's interested in collaborating on ideas.

A couple other things:  I play female characters, usually opposite male characters, but I'm open to pitches for a female partner (or, who knows, someone more ambiguously-gendered).  I can generally promise a post a week.  Many weeks, I can do more, but we'll both have lower blood pressure if we don't try to rely on that.

And so, here are a couple of ideas I have floating around.  It's important to me that both characters have their areas of coolness--even if one of them starts more lost or off-balance than the other, I want them both to have places to shine.

Long Way to the Bottom Taken

Low fantasy.  Set in one of those sprawling decadent cities with centuries of history and a wide gulf between aristocrats and the lowlifes.  My character is one of the latter, a small-time criminal with some darker blots in her past, mostly minding her own business in the city's underclass.  Your character ends up thrust into that world--they could be an aristocrat fleeing a family coup, a sorcerer trying to evade a curse, even a priest whose order has suddenly and inexplicably turned on them.

Whatever reason we work out, your character ends up dropped in mine's lap, and she gets entangled in the bad business too.  They have to get to the bottom of the conspiracy/curse/etc., depending on each other to survive.  Fortunately, she has contacts and is plenty dangerous with a blade.  Unfortunately, it's going to take more than just that... and our kids may have a rough time before they learn to work together.  This could mean a slow-building relationship or lots of rough, angry sexytimes, depending.

Things to expect:  Action scenes, foul language, intrigue, flavor details for a cynical fantasy city.

When the Bright Sun Falls Away  Taken

Modern horror-flavored fantasy.  Owing a bit to Hellblazer, a bit to Hellboy (for the teeming supernatural underworld and the background Lovecraftian flavor), a bit to various urban fantasy novels.  The world is full of magical forces and strange creatures, mostly existing in secret.  My character is one of them--old, dangerous, and not nearly as human as she looks.  She's also a bit of a kid in a candy store, because it's been a while since she's been abroad in the world.  She's out now because someone has made it her job to protect your character.

The partner might be a pawn in a battle between rival faerie courts, or awakening to psychic powers that threaten someone they once trusted, or maybe they've stumbled on an ancient grimoire and other people want to know the words they can't unread.  We'll hash out those details, but it's something that's thrown your character into a supernatural half of reality that they didn't even know existed until recently. 

Things to expect:  Fish-out-of-water moments on both sides, goblin markets, supernatural fights and politicking, and maybe a real bond of mutual loyalty by the end.

That's all for now!  If something up there sounds really neat to you, drop me a PM with your thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:48:47 PM by Suspires »