Interest Check. League of Evil. (Supervillan NC/EX)

Started by Baalborn87, August 29, 2013, 04:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baalborn87

It occurred to me that Superhero Rp's are quite popular. And I thought what it would be like to be part of a Supervillan League of Evil (I'm sure most people would go for the evil route over justice...Just ask someone what they'd do if they gained the power of invisibility  ;) ).

As it's just an interest thread at the moment, just the basics are required.

*Notification of interest
*Any Questions
*Light Character sheet

---Character sheet---

"Normal" Name: i.e Tim Baxter
Villan Name: i.e Captain Obvious
Powers: (try not to go OP with this please)
Special Equipment (& function): i.e Blatant Bombs (They go boom)
Weakness: Everyone needs one. Though it can be unknown to other character......in fact that's probably for the best being evil and all.
Brief Bio: He grew up and became evil because.

Baalborn87

Characters are OC and in no particular universe DC/Marvel etc. If it is like anything, it's like Wanted the graphic novel....but superheroes exist still.

bennyrulez

Hm. I think I'd be interested in this, sure.

Will the GM be playing some heroes to give us some conflict, or...?

Baalborn87

If we get enough people to form the league. Then my role would be in the narrative aspect. It's going to be set in a generic city. So you'll have the standard Banks, mayor, tv stations etc to 'play' with.

And yes I'll provide the odd cliché hero to try and stop you.

As added flavour. You could add the crime that granted you entry into the league by the "Shadow Council". Nothing too serious, as we want you to come up with some particularly nefarious schemes. 

Baalborn87

Also in description. Could you add both your 'normal' persona and your costume.

zenpai

I know me . If I got super power I would be a lawful neutral hero. I am in if this get started.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

JesterinTheDeck

Chaosfox

Oh I love playing as a villain I will have a character sheet up before the night is out.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Baalborn87

Quote from: zenpai on September 11, 2013, 10:01:42 AM
I know me . If I got super power I would be a lawful neutral hero. I am in if this get started.

You're more than welcome to play an anti-hero who works on both sides of the law. Ala Deadpool.

ShadowFox89

Deadpool is more chaotic neutral than lawful neutral. He does whatever seems like the most fun :P

I have an idea or two kickin' around...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

godfang

a question on power level. street? global? cosmic?

Baalborn87

Quote from: godfang on September 12, 2013, 05:37:20 AM
a question on power level. street? global? cosmic?

Please elaborate? Do you mean where you are most active?

Currently you are bothering a major metropolitan city (name to be decided) and surrounding area. There is option to expand your influence to a larger hold.

godfang

well, there are different types of power level based on a comic's scope.

Street level heroes are normally those with either no superpowers or minor ones, they deal with street thugs, gangs, mobs etc (example. Punisher, Daredevil, etc)

Global Level heroes are the ones dealing with major threats to the world and  They have medium level superpowers or use fancy gadgets (example. Iron man, Captain America)

Cosmic level heroes deals with threats to the galaxy. They are virtually gods and have power beyond anything mortals can achieve (example. The Sentry, Thor, Silver Surfer)

Baalborn87

Ah. I understand. I'd say from street to just under Global i.e country. Though as characters progress they could work in concert to become a global threat (but thats a while off).

Baalborn87

As for layout of the lair. It's similar to this layout of the batcave, but with a kind of 'conference room' to make neferious plans. And everyone gets their own private rooms if they want them.

ShadowFox89

Well if we're all villains, wouldn't we each have our own group of minions and evil lair? :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Baalborn87

You all need a central meeting area/base to plot and laugh nefariously.

Chaosfox

LuciusLeche

Hey Baalborn, been awhile.

Tentative interest, I'll get a short sheet written up.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -Oscar Wilde

On's and Off's

More On's and Off's

Baalborn87

Chaosfox

Lol nice. When I ever have kids  I want them to laugh just like that then use them to creep out the neighbors.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Baalborn87 on September 14, 2013, 02:08:59 PM
You all need a central meeting area/base to plot and laugh nefariously.

And molest each other? :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Baalborn87

I am putting it in extreme.....just respect the On's/Off's

Baalborn87

Do people want to put their characters on this thread? Or would you want a designated thread?

TeacupTwink

Have them post it here, then if the character is approved and isn't insanely over-powered, ect - move it to the character thread you made.

ShadowFox89

I need some more details on the setting...

How long have powers been around? How do superheroes react to villains? How do countries? Are there aliens? Magic? Other dimensions? How do these interact? Why are several villains forming a league of evil?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Baalborn87

Ok. I'll try to answer to best of my abilities.

1) As far as people know, 4 or 5 centuries but in secret. However in the last century, there has been a mass awakening in people being discovered with superpowers.

2) By beating the s&!t out of them whilst spouting a corny catch phrase before throwing them in a woefully under equipped prison.

3) The same way they react to "regular" villains. Sending cops to arrest them. Then SWAT (or their equivalent) if the cops fail. Then finally the military.

4) Yes, but not any who have made contact with the human race. Maby the odd Superman esque intergalactic refugee (but not a OP as him).

5) NO

6/7) Possibly, though experiments and research are going on. No progress has been made. Though I wouldn't be opposed to someone who wants to play a villain who has found himself in "our" dimension in some accident.

8) Because the Heroes formed the "Invincible Guardians " to try to pool their resources to combat the ever growing threat posed by the villains.