You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 21, 2016, 08:09:48 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: New to roleplaying  (Read 299 times)

Offline SodyTopic starter

New to roleplaying
« on: August 29, 2013, 03:37:18 AM »
I am kinda new to role playing, I write short stories. I would like to find someone who is comfortable giving me pointers and perhaps kind enough to lay out my first RP. (Try not to make it complicated)

Also, how should I go about my ons and offs? Do I make a thread or just write in the box provided? (If there are instructions I missed please just link me to save time)

Thanks! :D

Offline Oreo

Re: New to roleplaying
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 03:53:21 AM »
Hi Sody,

I can't presently help with an RP, but there is an excellent tutorial here for the On/Offs Preferences system. Or you can make a thread here in the Liege's area. I recommend using both, as different members prefer either the threads or Prefernces. Both have a uniqueness that defines the player.

Offline Kyrsa

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 08:40:20 AM »
If the tutorial doesn't cover your questions remember that your Mentors are always available to help!

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »
There's no right or wrong way to roleplay. It's all down to what you, and whoever you're writing with, enjoy.

First person or third person.

Half a page or half a dozen lines.

A single character or hordes of supporting characters.

If you enjoy writing stories, that's your basis there. Start with what you're comfortable with, and see where it goes from there.