You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 27, 2016, 07:48:15 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Lacrimosa [m/m - historical/fantasy]  (Read 175 times)

Offline Observing TriflesTopic starter

Lacrimosa [m/m - historical/fantasy]
« on: August 20, 2013, 05:49:17 PM »
Notes: I'm looking for someone to play the human character (most likely either a sub or switch, although I'm not picky about this), who will be the central focus for the plot. The story will be told through a series of vignettes, highlighting important events in his life, spanning across any number of years. Because the story has such a wide scope, I will not only write the role of the human's lover, but also various secondary characters who will regularly interact with your character.

He is the ferryman of souls, the harbinger of The End, the personification of that which all men fear. With him comes change and the ultimate finality. He is everywhere, and he is nowhere. He is Death.

An immortal creature with the ultimate power to end the lives of every mortal on the surface, his sole purpose is to bring death to the dying and usher their immortal souls into the Underworld. Such has been his lot in "life" since he received the task no less than one-thousand years ago, when his predecessor bequeathed to him the charge. He has seen civilizations rise and fall; he has seen the births and deaths of great men; he has ended the lives of billions without blinking - until finally meeting him.

The human was an exquisite specimen, as unyieldingly beautiful as the day was long, with a soul so pure that to touch it would be blasphemous. He enraptured Death like no other. In a world full of darkness and nothingness, he alone served as a source of light, bringing to Death that which he had never once dared to experience - longing, desire, even love.

In the form of a mortal, Death ventures into the human plane in the hope of sating his need to be close to him. With little regard for the consequences, Death pursues him eagerly, following him through each important stage of his life, endearing himself to him in the hopes of winning his heart. And indeed, the human succumbs to Death's charms, whereupon the two begin a passionate love affair.

It is only afterward that the human comes to realize Death's true nature. With Death comes loss. The loss of friends, the loss of family. Frightened and overwhelmed, the human turns away from Death, seeking familiarity in a mortal lover, whom he marries in an attempt to break Death's heart and put an end to their affair.

But Death is persistent. Death is eternal. Death can wait...

This will contain quite a bit of angst as the human tries to pull away from their relationship, while Death in turn grows more aggressive.

Ideally, this story would take place in a historical setting. I'm very much enamored with the notion of it taking place during the 1800s, although I'd consider another time period. Also, I'd like the human to be a noble of sorts.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:16:19 AM by BrilliantDays »