You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 09:06:46 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Fandomverse (Recruiting)  (Read 4987 times)

Offline AysandeTopic starter

Fandomverse (Recruiting)
« on: August 14, 2013, 03:24:46 PM »
Ever wondered what it would be like if Sylar from Heroes faced Darth Vader in combat? Or if Wolverine met with Alice from Resident Evil? What if Fox Mulder met Worf?

Fandomverse is the world where characters go once their role in a movie or a TV series go. It's an enormous city with different quarters for the different genres, but the characters are not restrained to their original starting point. Wolverine could go killing Resident evil zombies with Alice, if he wants to.

• Any Movie or TV series character that is played by a human actor is acceptable
  • No anime, book character(unless it was made into a movie or a TV show), or comics.
  • No original characters, canons only
  • Characters may evolve in a manner different than the one in the movie (could chose to pair up with a different character)
  • 2 paragraph per post
  • Multiple threads: 1 for each part of the island (6 or 7) and one central city where anyone can live.

Anyone interested to pick this up as co-GM let me know. Co-GM found

The ooc thread is here! Let's get started!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:49:05 PM by Aysande »

Offline Marie Reynolds

Re: Fandomverse (Interest check & GM needed)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 03:33:23 PM »
OH god I could realize my dream,  to use Alucard or Paladain Alexander to fuck up shit in the Twilight world. So many awesome choices!

Offline doodasaurus

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 03:40:48 PM »

;D

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 04:28:52 PM »
OMG! I love you! Yes! OMG! Yes! (no I am not having an orgasm, I'm just excited). I've been thinking about doing something like this forever and ever, but wasn't sure how I could! I might even be able to co-GM.

Question! Could characters that were killed off in said media be played?

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »
Yes, their part in the movie/Series is over, so they'd just continue to live their life in the Fandomverse :)

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 04:41:43 PM »
*squee!* I swear! This soooo close to ideas that have been floating around in my head for years!

Offline steelsmiter

• Special Constable Wossname Ferret
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: At the Glorious Revolution with the People's Republic of Treacle Mine Road
  • you don't need a reason to help people
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 04:43:10 PM »
I hope this question isn't absurd. Could I play the Mel Gibson version of William Wallace taking out gawddamn sparkle fairies (and maybe a few real vamps) with a claymore?

Offline Marie Reynolds

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 04:45:16 PM »
I can see it now the Christmas tree prepared with all the glee and delight the season could bring the cullens are the branches the volturi are the trunk Jacobs head the star and Alucard reading a christmas story to Seras while lounging in his big red comfy chair. Drinking there blood out of a Sifter.! That's it I am bringing Alucard to the table this needs to happen for great justice.

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 04:47:59 PM »
isn't Alucard an anime or something?

Offline Marie Reynolds

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 04:51:06 PM »
Ah damn got to excited! Shh sleep now my glorious dream one day Ill get to rp you out.

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 04:53:01 PM »
isn't Alucard an anime or something?
The one I'm familiar with is.

Though frankly, I'd allow anime myself if I were doing it. But I understand wanting to keep the pictures and actors "real"

Of course, this does bring up issues if the same actor/actress plays two different characters people want to play. Example: Claudia Black played characters in Farscap, Pitch Black, and Star Gate SG1. Or Ryan Reynolds who played both the Green Lantern and Deadpool. I could think of a few others as well

Offline Marie Reynolds

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 04:57:39 PM »
Would Manga classify as a Comic for this?

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 05:03:57 PM »
Would Manga classify as a Comic for this?
Probably. Her point in saying that and banning any books that haven't been made into movies is that there need to be real people to use as pictures. Not anime or art

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 05:10:25 PM »
I really mean movies and TV shows played by real human actors. Manga fall into the comic book category.

As for actor playing multiple roles, it's fine. Characters could be aware that there are others out there that look almost exactly like them, but are different. It could lead to some hilarious misunderstanding and drama...

Offline steelsmiter

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: At the Glorious Revolution with the People's Republic of Treacle Mine Road
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 05:12:28 PM »
I hope this question isn't absurd. Could I play the Mel Gibson version of William Wallace taking out gawddamn sparkle fairies (and maybe a few real vamps) with a claymore?
Though frankly, I'd allow anime myself if I were doing it. But I understand wanting to keep the pictures and actors "real"

Of course, this does bring up issues if the same actor/actress plays two different characters people want to play.

So if I were to jump in, I got inspired by ES's musings

Would William Wallace or Martin Riggs be preferrable for killing sparkle fairies or other fandomverse plots?

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 05:14:28 PM »
Here's another question raised. How much Fourth Wall Awareness is going to be in this? Obviously there's some of they all know they're characters in movies/TV. But would there be any towards "gee, we're all being written by random people on the internet in something called a Role Play"?

Offline steelsmiter

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 05:16:51 PM »
for me it would be preferred as a personal choice. Which way I went with it depends on whether it's comical not to break it (Why is no one wearing kilts?)...

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 05:27:08 PM »
I'd think of it as when they're doing the movie, they're doing a job of sorts. They wouldn't know they are fiction characters.

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 05:39:46 PM »
h'm, alrighty. Now to figure out who I wanna play!

Catwoman?
Violet (Ultra Violet)?
Leelu (the Fifth Element)?
T'pol?
Princess Leia?
Jack/Kyra (Riddick movies)?
Seven of Nine?
Somebody from Harry Potter?
Somebody from Once Upon a Time?
Xena?
Somebody from Lord of thx Rings?

THE LIST OF POSSIBILITIES IS TOO LONG!

I am still in for a co-GM though. Just not a main GM, got too much to GM a game by myself or be the lead GM.

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 05:46:40 PM »

THE LIST OF POSSIBILITIES IS TOO LONG!

I am still in for a co-GM though. Just not a main GM, got too much to GM a game by myself or be the lead GM.

I know how that feels, on both accounts...

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 06:04:29 PM »
I'm getting this picture in my head of Spock, Vadar, Wolverine, Snape, Gandalf, and Robin Hood all sitting around watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic o.o

This idea also brings up the possibility of characters not being like how there were in the movie/TV show. Like maybe Kirk and Khan are buddies and Khan is really a softy who likes puppies, LOL.

Offline Batman4560

• Elliquiy's Dark Knight. Always willing to write with someone and welcoming new writers to come to him with ideas.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • I have one power, I never give up.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 06:12:32 PM »
You have my interest. Im thinking Chuck Bartowski.

Offline steelsmiter

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »
You know I like the idea of Martin Riggs after Murtaugh "got too old for this shit!" I'm scrapping the William Wallace idea. I want to run Riggs as the kind of guy that maybe slowing down a bit, but he's had a lot of experience not dying (in a Cohen the Barbarian sorta way).

Offline Faustus

• Soul Seller || Stygia's Nostradamus || Deposed King || His Rosalind
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • I am not omniscient, but I know a lot. - M.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2013, 06:27:49 PM »
I just may have found an outlet for my BBC Sherlock Holmes and/or Jim Moriarty.

Life is good.

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 06:29:37 PM »

This idea also brings up the possibility of characters not being like how there were in the movie/TV show. Like maybe Kirk and Khan are buddies and Khan is really a softy who likes puppies, LOL.

That's not what I meant. Personalities would be intact, though that doesn't mean Khan doesn't like puppies... The goal isn't to take a canon and make it so different it's an original. It's to take a canon and put them into a completely different environment. What I mean it's like Spock wouldn't have to be paired up with Uhura (as per the new Startrek). He could go and pair up with, I don't know, Hermione.

that pairing is just... hilarious but anyway...