You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 02:57:31 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Shadowrun  (Read 315 times)

Offline greenknightTopic starter

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Shadowrun
« on: August 14, 2013, 08:08:30 AM »
Looking to play in or run Shadowrun. I only run SR3, I don't like system changes of the later editions. For those keeping score, yes, that also means Big D hasn't been elected president yet.

If I run, I want to get a semi-ongoing game. Call it a series of one-shots or whatever, but I want a semi-regular team with multiple "missions."

Group dynamics: I'd prefer Neal's crew to Vincent's squad (Heat). Dierdre's cell (Ronin) works for the paranoia factor early on, but remember I want this to have a longer view than that team. The assumption is also that the team can initially deal with underworld elements from a position of strength, through a fixer and/or their rep.

If I play, I've got an adept burning in my brain I haven't been able to play out.

Talk about stuff here if you'd like or pm me. I won't be available to actually start until the end of the month. I have to go to work and don't know what my open network access will be like.

Offline Inash

Re: Shadowrun
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 10:34:13 PM »
I think I would be interested, though I haven't played shadowrun since 1st edition.  I'm going to need some time to check out what 3rd ed is like.

Offline Blinkin

• Court Jester extraordinaire!
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • I try to be good, but it's such hard work!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:33:43 AM »
I may be interested, but I've only had expereince with 2nd editon Shadowrun... anyone know where I might lay my hands on a PDF for 3? If I can find a copy, I'll make this a stronger interest... probably a street sam or some such.

Offline Jr

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 12:21:26 PM »
I'm down to play. My experience with SR3 is pretty scant, but I'll learn.

Offline greenknightTopic starter

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 11:12:33 PM »
Sorry, all. I went to work and came home to technical issues. Back now.

Briefly on the changes from earlier SR editions. Lots more skill points, but several skills have had their concentrations split into separate skills (like firearms). Weapon damage codes changed and all staging numbers replaced by 2. "More metahumans" option, ie, depending on bennies it's priority C or D rather than A.

PM directly if you have specific system questions. Otherwise, post here.