You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:22:37 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Trouble viewing Images  (Read 332 times)

Online RitsuTopic starter

• Rainbow Eyed Dreamer | Prettiest of all Bits | Angel | Princess | Her Precious | Red & Kaia's Threeway Wife
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Location: Now you get to watch her leave out the window, guess that's why they call it window pane.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Trouble viewing Images
« on: August 02, 2013, 10:55:44 PM »
So I'm not sure why, but I'm unable to load some of the images from a particular thread (x)

From what I can tell it's only the ones hosted on flickr. I get the "Sorry, but this image is unavailable at this time." Error message. I've talked to the owner about it, and she can still see them, and I believe another person said they could see them as well, but I'm not 100% on that second statement. However, I'm pretty sure it's not a problem between flickr and my computer, as I'm able to go to their site and browse other images just fine.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Trouble viewing Images
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 11:11:15 PM »
I'm getting the same message, both from the forum post and by pasting the URL into my browser bar, which leads me to believe that it's not something on your end.  It's possible that the images that the owner and the other person are seeing are being retrieved from their web caches on their computers, rather than the website, which is a fairly common reason for one person to see an image that is unavailable to others.

• Rainbow Eyed Dreamer | Prettiest of all Bits | Angel | Princess | Her Precious | Red & Kaia's Threeway Wife
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Location: Now you get to watch her leave out the window, guess that's why they call it window pane.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 11:13:52 PM »
Ahhh that might be it. Thanks a ton Oniya. I asked if she did anything to the album, and she said negative on that end as well, so I just wanted to see if anyone else had any solution ideas.

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 11:21:24 PM »
She might want to go check the album herself.  I've had images removed from my Imageshack account because they were too 'adult' in nature.

• Liege
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 12:03:57 AM »
I'll let her know. Thanks again sweetie.

Offline Hera

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 08:44:40 PM »
Another thing is that users can set their own pictures to various levels of who can and can't see them on flickr.  So she might have them set so that she can see them, or only she and certain others can see them, which might be why it looked ok to another person.

Just a thought.

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 08:46:05 PM »
Either way, it comes down to something on the flickr end of things - but thanks for the info!

*files for future reference*