DC/Marvel Universe Complete Crossover (Recruitment Closed!!)

Started by MaiMizzu, August 01, 2013, 07:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mia h

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 02:32:00 PM
you can say local media loves her maybe, hell people love Iron Man [but then, hes just a man in a suit of armor..but then shes just a girl with a staff. if you went with Goldstar you can try and milk her relation to Booster Gold too.
Well they did suggest that S.T.R.I.P.E. is around somewhere, and wouldn't be a stretch to think that S.T.R.I.P.E. and Iron Man would have sat down and compared notes at some point. Also Courtney and Kitty on the same team, what's not to love about that  :D
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

apygoos

Tony compares notes with no one, only possibly finds concepts he observes interesting. in fact, his identity isn't public [yet]. Its no offence to STRIPE.

Jmorty33

Dood, are you sure you want to use Henry for Nightwing? I'm pretty sure that Mai was thinking of using the MoS version of Superman, therefore needing to use Hery for Clark.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

MaiMizzu

Please make sure you PM your completed CS's to myself and Apygoos

And as for Superman.. whoever plays him can use whoever they want for him. It's up to the players. But I would expect the man of steel actor to be used for him, but it's up to the player. If you don't want to use anyone else for nightwing, then we'll do what we can I guess.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

FromShadowlands

I am pretty sure I am too late but I was wondering if there is still room in this game

MaiMizzu

Quote from: FromShadowlands on August 02, 2013, 04:25:25 PM
I am pretty sure I am too late but I was wondering if there is still room in this game
I think we could go for one more.. who are you interested in playing?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

MaiMizzu

apygoos

apygoos

so a decision has been made.
We will be taking Kyle in as GL over Hal Jordan currently. first come, first serve

Oldknight

Quote from: apygoos on August 03, 2013, 12:26:22 PM
so a decision has been made.
We will be taking Kyle in as GL over Hal Jordan currently. first come, first serve

Ok no worries

apygoos

so you will be dropping interest? or was there someone else you might have interest in?

Oldknight

Quote from: apygoos on August 03, 2013, 10:42:38 PM
so you will be dropping interest? or was there someone else you might have interest in?

I will try to think of someone but I don't think I can do so  and avoid occnes so most liely just dropping

Arkaniel

I would like to volunteer to play the Man of Steel version of Superman. I'm a big fan of his incarnation in the superhero verse. But how would he need to be altered story wise to fit into the roleplay story? When and how did the man of steel movie events take place? A year ago like mentioned in the first post?

apygoos

Quote from: Arkaniel on August 04, 2013, 04:38:54 PM
I would like to volunteer to play the Man of Steel version of Superman. I'm a big fan of his incarnation in the superhero verse. But how would he need to be altered story wise to fit into the roleplay story? When and how did the man of steel movie events take place? A year ago like mentioned in the first post?
you need to keep in mind, that whole event would've gone much differently in this universe, given you have Marvel heroes there too, for all you know you may have had Thor helping fight general Zod, the general concept though of MoS Superman works

Florence

Kinda interested, though I'm not sure what character I could play. Most of my favorites are female, like Scandal Savage or Kiden Nixon (Secret Six and NYX, DC and Marvel respectively.) Plus, Scandal's a villain and Kiden's pretty much just a super-powered civilian.

Also, for an rp on a site heavy on the erotic roleplaying... how has no one taken Power Girl?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

apygoos

this isnta  sex focused game for one, and were not quite looking for PC villains yet
and believe it or not, we have no Batman, no Cap, no hulk, no powergirl, no wonder woman, no she-hulk..I quite enjoy our current cast because most of the selected cast isnt too mainstream.

Florence

Quote from: apygoos on August 06, 2013, 09:58:07 AM
this isnta  sex focused game for one, and were not quite looking for PC villains yet
and believe it or not, we have no Batman, no Cap, no hulk, no powergirl, no wonder woman, no she-hulk..I quite enjoy our current cast because most of the selected cast isnt too mainstream.

I wasn't suggesting it was, I'm just saying, this site in general tends to attract people into erotic roleplay, and you'd think those people would be drawn to the legendary bustiness of Power Girl xD

Also, I figured you weren't accepting villains, hence why I pointed it out as a problem with that character.

Hmm... I could do Red Hood (Jason Todd) as an anti-hero, perhaps. He's a bit non-mainstream... even if he was the main antagonist in an animated movie... though with the timeline of this rp, his death and resurrection would probably be a little too... rushed to make sense.

Also tempted to give Booster Gold a shot, but I'm not sure I could really do him justice. Plus, Booster Gold might be hard to fit into this universe, I dunno. Future time travelers can always be a headache.

Batman (Terry McGinnis) is another character I love, but explaining why future Batman is in the present day of a combined universe sort of hurts my head a little to think about.

Also given how Raven and Starfire are in this, and... I gather from recent posts that he's open now (?), Nightwing could be fun, but... I actually just started reading Teen Titans recently, and I'm not too familiar with Nightwing apart from reading wikis, seeing him in cartoons, and his brief appearance in Batman: Under the Red Hood, so I'm not sure how well I could do the character :I

The modern Batwoman is pretty badass too, actually... but... I'm trying to think of a male character.

As for Marvel characters... I have a lot of male characters I like, but few I'm really confident in my ability to play well.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

arkhos

Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

mia h

Quote from: arkhos on August 06, 2013, 10:46:30 AM
Heyyyyy! What's wrong with mainstream characters?

/cries!

Yeah, none of DC's big seven in the game, just shows some publishers have strength in depth  :P

apygoos

If you want real Nightwing, Young Justice does well to point out his general character. as well as pre-new 52. new 52 nightwing has some good plots, but otherwise..im not as much of a fan as i am pre-new 52. Nightiwing is normally my go-to

Florence

Quote from: apygoos on August 06, 2013, 11:24:46 AM
If you want real Nightwing, Young Justice does well to point out his general character. as well as pre-new 52. new 52 nightwing has some good plots, but otherwise..im not as much of a fan as i am pre-new 52. Nightiwing is normally my go-to

I am heavily reluctant to read any of the New 52 stuff, because that reboot killed The Secret Six :,C

mia h

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on August 06, 2013, 10:41:41 AM
Also tempted to give Booster Gold a shot, but I'm not sure I could really do him justice. Plus, Booster Gold might be hard to fit into this universe, I dunno. Future time travelers can always be a headache.

Batman (Terry McGinnis) is another character I love, but explaining why future Batman is in the present day of a combined universe sort of hurts my head a little to think about.

Booster Gold and Iron Man in the same room? Is the world ready for those two shameless self-promoting egomaniacs to exist side by side?
Who knows but it could be fun to watch.

And who says Batman has to be Bruce Wayne? It could be Terry if you can come up with a story that makes him the first Batman.

As for doing them justice, it would be your Booster or Batman or Nightwing or whoever so there is no wrong.  Primach hasn't done his intro post for Captain Marvel yet,(and this isn't a serious suggestion, but if Primarch turned Billy into some street rat, alcoholic who thinks Captain Marvel is just an alcohol induced hallucination he suffers from then that's his Billy it might not be cannon but it wouldn't be wrong.

apygoos

we as GMs have already established that Nightwingis around and Batman is Bruce Wayne. Either way, if you come up with something for a character sheet, send it out way.

Florence

If Green Arrow or Green Lantern are still free, I could try my take on one of those :o

And just a note, I haven't watched any of Arrow yet, so if I do Green Arrow it WON'T be based on that xD

As for Green Lantern... I'm more familiar with the Green Lantern as a concept than any particular individual Green Lantern, so would it be possible to have it be a new character that becomes the first Green Lantern of this Earth?

apygoos

well if youre familiar with the concept, Hal Jordan would possibly be the best cannon GL for you to play. Hes a rather witty, and very imaginative/creative person, part of what makes him arguably one of the best GLs in all of time
Justice League Doom Movie Clip - The Green Lantern Always Gets His Girl heres a really good example