The Children of Mother Earth (open recruitment)

Started by mj2002, July 31, 2013, 05:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

Name1: Hanz von Nassau
Role2: Junior diplomat

Background:Hanz is the second son of Alexander von Nassau, a nobleman within the Baden empire. As a second son, Hanz' prospects in the military were rather limited, and so he decided to pursue the art of diplomacy. Something his country doesn't yet see the need for, and might very well never do. He's intrigued by other cultures. Both those assimilated by the empire as those few still outside it. Like the Brits, though his father and brother claim that'll change soon. He would like nothing better than find a new culture to establish peaceful relations with. That is, if his triggerhappy superiors don't shoot them first.
Personality: Hanz is a gentle, friendly soul. Considered to weak to be a true soldier of the empire. He's caring, loving and nurturing. And very, very curious.

ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

oceanspool

Quote from: Katataban on September 01, 2013, 05:48:15 AM

Background:Hanz is the second son of Alexander von Nassau, a nobleman within the Baden empire. As a second son, Hanz' prospects in the military were rather limited, and so he decided to pursue the art of diplomacy. Something his country doesn't yet see the need for, and might very well never do. He's intrigued by other cultures. Both those assimilated by the empire as those few still outside it. Like the Brits, though his father and brother claim that'll change soon. He would like nothing better than find a new culture to establish peaceful relations with. That is, if his triggerhappy superiors don't shoot them first.
Personality: Hanz is a gentle, friendly soul. Considered to weak to be a true soldier of the empire. He's caring, loving and nurturing. And very, very curious.

Great character :) Although it's up to mj whether we need another Baden diplomat or not.

eiselmann

HI all really sorry about my lack of posting unfortunately its going to continue

In a weeks time I'll be on holiday overseas for a week...but in the interim I now have yet another medical issue which is quite painful and at best distracting if not debilitating
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Idachan

I'm home! And still interested.

Eiselmann, hope you have a nice vacation and that your medical issue goes away painlessly.

Scribbles

Sorry, still here!

With the notification thingie down, E tends to slip from my mind every now and then.

Still didn't get an answer on where the Inn would be best situated, if the Bardeners are staying at the palace then I'll put it near the docks but if they aren't, then I'll have it inside the capital.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

oceanspool

Quote from: Scribbles on September 02, 2013, 05:11:13 AM
Sorry, still here!

With the notification thingie down, E tends to slip from my mind every now and then.

Still didn't get an answer on where the Inn would be best situated, if the Bardeners are staying at the palace then I'll put it near the docks but if they aren't, then I'll have it inside the capital.

The notification thing is down? Works for me fine o.O (if you mean subscribing to a thread so you get a email update)

Tamhansen

ons and offs

Scribbles

Thanks Katataban, dug around the settings a bit and I THINK I've turned it back on.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Inari

Just to let you guys know that I have just started college today and it is really kicking my ass. I will probably know my timetable tomorrow or next week. I will also still reply but I warn that I will be very knackered. x__X

SugarAndSpice

To eiselman: Sorry to hear that you're not in the best of health, I hope you feel better soon.

To Kataban: Great to meet you :) The more the merrier as they say. Though I do wonder if two diplomats would be needed, then again you have said he's the junior diplomat.

I'll be back off to University in about a week but I'll still be around, I'm sure I'll need the breaks this year :D

Tamhansen

yeah, I can make him a junior anything that's not required to fight. But I chose diplomat to have a reason for wanting to be with the other culture a lot. Besides, he'd be more of a student/apprentice.
ons and offs

SugarAndSpice

Lol I agree with Starcry, Baldur is one shifty son of a gun

Idachan

A shout-out for my fellow citizens of Thule. Would anyone like to determine some kind of connection with Sigrid before the start of the game? Be it family relation, friendship or even rivalry, I'm open for it.

SugarAndSpice

Hey Idachan :) I was thinking Sigrid would probably quite well known in Julienhab, so Agnete (my character) would probably know her by sight from going to the healer's shop.

Idachan

That's true, it's probably more likely that one deals with Sigrid rather than Ragnhild herself when coming to the shop unless there is a particularly difficult problem.

mj2002

Quote from: Katataban on September 01, 2013, 05:48:15 AM

This looks great! Accepted.

Quote from: Scribbles on September 02, 2013, 05:11:13 AM
Sorry, still here!

I'm not sure where they'll be staying. I suppose this is something we find out along the way. Do consider the possibility that they might just stay on board though. You never know right?

Tamhansen

Yes, Ve Badeners are zivilised people. Ve could not Pozzibly ztay at zuch a hovel.

*Falls over backwards laughing*

ons and offs

oceanspool

It'll be interesting to see if the diplomats argue about how to get on with the natives xD

Any timeline on when we might start, mj? =D

Inari

I sense a good old philosophy session. Be warned; I am good at arguments and I will be studying it at college!

Tamhansen

Good. Because I demand to be, or not be a philosopher
ons and offs

Idachan

I foresee selling quite some valerian to cure the headaches of the Badeners forced to listen to those discussions. I should make sure my stock is sufficient.

oceanspool

I foresee language difficulties in trying to ask for valerian. I'll brush up on my hand gestures. XD

Tamhansen

ons and offs