You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 09:43:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Children of Mother Earth (open recruitment)  (Read 7645 times)

Offline Tamhansen

Re: The Children of Mother Earth (open recruitment)
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2013, 05:48:15 AM »
Name1: Hanz von Nassau
Role2: Junior diplomat

Background:Hanz is the second son of Alexander von Nassau, a nobleman within the Baden empire. As a second son, Hanz' prospects in the military were rather limited, and so he decided to pursue the art of diplomacy. Something his country doesn't yet see the need for, and might very well never do. He's intrigued by other cultures. Both those assimilated by the empire as those few still outside it. Like the Brits, though his father and brother claim that'll change soon. He would like nothing better than find a new culture to establish peaceful relations with. That is, if his triggerhappy superiors don't shoot them first.
Personality: Hanz is a gentle, friendly soul. Considered to weak to be a true soldier of the empire. He's caring, loving and nurturing. And very, very curious.

Offline oceanspool

« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2013, 08:58:28 AM »

Background:Hanz is the second son of Alexander von Nassau, a nobleman within the Baden empire. As a second son, Hanz' prospects in the military were rather limited, and so he decided to pursue the art of diplomacy. Something his country doesn't yet see the need for, and might very well never do. He's intrigued by other cultures. Both those assimilated by the empire as those few still outside it. Like the Brits, though his father and brother claim that'll change soon. He would like nothing better than find a new culture to establish peaceful relations with. That is, if his triggerhappy superiors don't shoot them first.
Personality: Hanz is a gentle, friendly soul. Considered to weak to be a true soldier of the empire. He's caring, loving and nurturing. And very, very curious.

Great character :) Although it's up to mj whether we need another Baden diplomat or not.

Offline eiselmann

« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2013, 03:37:43 PM »
HI all really sorry about my lack of posting unfortunately its going to continue

In a weeks time I'll be on holiday overseas for a week...but in the interim I now have yet another medical issue which is quite painful and at best distracting if not debilitating

Offline Idachan

« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2013, 03:57:34 PM »
I'm home! And still interested.

Eiselmann, hope you have a nice vacation and that your medical issue goes away painlessly.

Offline Scribbles

« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2013, 05:11:13 AM »
Sorry, still here!

With the notification thingie down, E tends to slip from my mind every now and then.

Still didn't get an answer on where the Inn would be best situated, if the Bardeners are staying at the palace then I'll put it near the docks but if they aren't, then I'll have it inside the capital.

Offline oceanspool

« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2013, 07:37:17 AM »
Sorry, still here!

With the notification thingie down, E tends to slip from my mind every now and then.

Still didn't get an answer on where the Inn would be best situated, if the Bardeners are staying at the palace then I'll put it near the docks but if they aren't, then I'll have it inside the capital.

The notification thing is down? Works for me fine o.O (if you mean subscribing to a thread so you get a email update)

Offline Tamhansen

« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2013, 07:44:24 AM »
you might need to reactivate it again.

Offline Scribbles

« Reply #182 on: September 02, 2013, 07:55:01 AM »
Thanks Katataban, dug around the settings a bit and I THINK I've turned it back on.

Online Starcry

• ~♥Mistress Of Insanity♥~ | ~♥Sleeper Creeper♥~ | ~♥Britbong♥~ | ~♥Fujoshi♥~
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Mad as a hatter but twice as twisted
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #183 on: September 02, 2013, 12:22:24 PM »
Just to let you guys know that I have just started college today and it is really kicking my ass. I will probably know my timetable tomorrow or next week. I will also still reply but I warn that I will be very knackered. x__X

Offline SugarAndSpice

• Let us walk on stained glass, sinners one sinners all, it's always prettiest after the fall.
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • Sinner through and through
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2013, 03:13:40 PM »
To eiselman: Sorry to hear that you're not in the best of health, I hope you feel better soon.

To Kataban: Great to meet you :) The more the merrier as they say. Though I do wonder if two diplomats would be needed, then again you have said he's the junior diplomat.

I'll be back off to University in about a week but I'll still be around, I'm sure I'll need the breaks this year :D

Offline Tamhansen

« Reply #185 on: September 02, 2013, 03:18:59 PM »
yeah, I can make him a junior anything that's not required to fight. But I chose diplomat to have a reason for wanting to be with the other culture a lot. Besides, he'd be more of a student/apprentice.

Online Starcry

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2013, 03:30:35 PM »
I think Baldur might be a bit of a bad influence. lol

Offline SugarAndSpice

• Let us walk on stained glass, sinners one sinners all, it's always prettiest after the fall.
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #187 on: September 03, 2013, 04:50:23 AM »
Lol I agree with Starcry, Baldur is one shifty son of a gun

Offline Idachan

« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2013, 06:41:17 AM »
A shout-out for my fellow citizens of Thule. Would anyone like to determine some kind of connection with Sigrid before the start of the game? Be it family relation, friendship or even rivalry, I'm open for it.

Offline SugarAndSpice

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2013, 09:26:08 AM »
Hey Idachan :) I was thinking Sigrid would probably quite well known in Julienhab, so Agnete (my character) would probably know her by sight from going to the healer's shop.

Offline Idachan

« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2013, 09:58:18 AM »
That's true, it's probably more likely that one deals with Sigrid rather than Ragnhild herself when coming to the shop unless there is a particularly difficult problem.

Offline mj2002Topic starter

« Reply #191 on: September 03, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »

This looks great! Accepted.

Sorry, still here!

I'm not sure where they'll be staying. I suppose this is something we find out along the way. Do consider the possibility that they might just stay on board though. You never know right?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:45:25 PM by mj2002 »

Offline Tamhansen

« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2013, 04:05:49 PM »
Yes, Ve Badeners are zivilised people. Ve could not Pozzibly ztay at zuch a hovel.

*Falls over backwards laughing*

Offline oceanspool

« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2013, 04:11:28 PM »
It'll be interesting to see if the diplomats argue about how to get on with the natives xD

Any timeline on when we might start, mj? =D

Online Starcry

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »
I sense a good old philosophy session. Be warned; I am good at arguments and I will be studying it at college!

Offline Tamhansen

« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2013, 04:17:07 PM »
Good. Because I demand to be, or not be a philosopher

Online Starcry

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2013, 04:20:16 PM »
René Descartes huh? :P

Offline Idachan

« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2013, 04:23:57 PM »
I foresee selling quite some valerian to cure the headaches of the Badeners forced to listen to those discussions. I should make sure my stock is sufficient.

Offline oceanspool

« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2013, 04:24:58 PM »
I foresee language difficulties in trying to ask for valerian. I'll brush up on my hand gestures. XD

Offline Tamhansen

« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2013, 04:27:23 PM »
René Descartes huh? :P

broomfundle actually