News:

Main Menu

Regular Show

Started by Inkidu, July 24, 2013, 05:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

I'm not usually one to go in for cartoons these days, but I watched a couple of Regular Show episodes a few months ago and I'm hooked. It's hard to pin down why exactly I like it, but I think it's an awesome show.

So, who else watches it?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Jebble212

I watch it. Only because Cartoon Network is my default station and its on around the same time as Adventure Time. I can't say I like it but so far it isn't unwatchable.

Inkidu

Quote from: Jebble212 on July 24, 2013, 05:42:23 PM
I watch it. Only because Cartoon Network is my default station and its on around the same time as Adventure Time. I can't say I like it but so far it isn't unwatchable.
I only catch the occasional Adventure Time because it comes on near Regular Show. XD
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Revelation

If you've never seen it, heres the 'pilot' of Regular show... Catch a look at how similar and different it is.

2 in the AM PM

Inkidu

Yeah, I know about 2AM in the PM, there's also a Naive Man's Adventure in Loliland if you want to see where Pops came from.

fretboardmagic

That show is awesome. It's such a juxtaposition. Really boring base plotline, then BAM! out of nowhere, crazy stuff happens.

Inkidu

Quote from: fretboardmagic on July 25, 2013, 01:22:09 AM
That show is awesome. It's such a juxtaposition. Really boring base plotline, then BAM! out of nowhere, crazy stuff happens.
That's kind of the Show's MO and yeah I love it.

Trying to get rid of your potential replacement throwing a party... GIANT KAIJU MONSTRS FROM THE LAKE!

Ooooooooooh!

They're actually surprisingly well-rounded characters for a fifteen-minute cartoon show.

Also, Death in the Regular Show world is awesome for obvious reasons.

Sabby

As a member of the unmotivated generation that has no concept of the value of a dollar, responsibility or achievement, I get this show xD I feel it understands me.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on July 25, 2013, 02:39:18 PM
As a member of the unmotivated generation that has no concept of the value of a dollar, responsibility or achievement, I get this show xD I feel it understands me.
Ironically Benson is one of my favorite characters. :P

Sabby

Inkidu

The show's got a surprising amount of continuity to it as well. I saw the newest episode and it was basically plotted off of a passing comment made in an earlier episode. Yet again, Regular Show's Death rocks.

Sasquatch421

I've only seen a couple of episodes and really have not made up my mind yet... The last show on CN that I loved to watch was Sealab 2021....

animationprincessofOoo

*puts my right arm up*
Ooooooooohhhh! Not setting up the chairs next time! Not setting up the chairs next time..

On the more serious side. I LOVE Regular Show as much as I love Adventure Time. I think ya its a racey show, but heck looking back at the 90's LOTS of stuff was. Mordecai is my favorite character.

Inkidu

Does anyone else crack up when Mordecai says, "Take me/us to the hospital".

Like the trust exercise one, "If it wasn't broken, it is now..."

Inkidu

Did anyone see "Steak Me Amadeus"? Despite being one of Jennifer Hale's more hilarious performances I have to say:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Poor Mordecai

rustytiger

I never thought that I would like such a show but after my boyfriend made me watch I fell in love with it. Omg it's so funny yet stupid at the same time it just sucks me in and won't let me leave.
I'm slowly coming back after years long hiatus. Still going through all the new rules and updates so I'm sorry if I mess up.

Ons & Offs
Absences
Idea Thread