Please could I have a safe link...

Started by Cheka Man, July 23, 2013, 04:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheka Man

that works, to update my Internet Explorer to the latest standard?

Thesunmaid

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/internet-explorer/download-ie

This is from the Microsoft website...the things still broken though..I would say go for chrome or firefox. But this is of course your computer and whatever your comfortable with. Hope this works for you sweetie. Have a good day.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Geraint

Quote from: Cheka Man on July 23, 2013, 04:06:22 PM
that works, to update my Internet Explorer to the latest standard?

Actually, my understanding is that the easiest and safest way update IE to the latest standard your operating system will allow is to go to the "Control Panel" on your start list.  At the bottom of the menu there you will see a link to "Windows Update"  Click that.  If you haven't been to Windows Update before, they will want to verify your system and install the software that allows you to use the site.  Once that is done you can click "Check for Updates" on the menu on the left.  After doing a good bit of scanning, it should offer you a Recommended Update for IE.  If you have Windows 7 or Windows 8, the update will likely be to IE 10, the latest version, and by far the best.  If you have Windows XP, the best you can get is probably IE8.

Anyway, that's how I got IE10 for my Windows 7 64bit system, and I think it is the only way to get it if you have Windows 7, from what I have read elsewhere.