You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 04:12:21 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Please could I have a safe link...  (Read 435 times)

Offline Cheka ManTopic starter

Please could I have a safe link...
« on: July 23, 2013, 04:06:22 PM »

that works, to update my Internet Explorer to the latest standard?

Offline Thesunmaid

Re: Please could I have a safe link...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 06:10:57 PM »
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/internet-explorer/download-ie

This is from the Microsoft website...the things still broken though..I would say go for chrome or firefox. But this is of course your computer and whatever your comfortable with. Hope this works for you sweetie. Have a good day.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:13:34 PM by thesunmaid »

Offline Geraint

• Propigator of Plot Bunnies, RomanceCrack Dealer and Sireneous Wayword Muse Also Accused Plot Demon Breeder of Plotweilers ...
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • "There's no rush...but I can't wait."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Please could I have a safe link...
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:37:17 PM »
that works, to update my Internet Explorer to the latest standard?

Actually, my understanding is that the easiest and safest way update IE to the latest standard your operating system will allow is to go to the "Control Panel" on your start list.  At the bottom of the menu there you will see a link to "Windows Update"  Click that.  If you haven't been to Windows Update before, they will want to verify your system and install the software that allows you to use the site.  Once that is done you can click "Check for Updates" on the menu on the left.  After doing a good bit of scanning, it should offer you a Recommended Update for IE.  If you have Windows 7 or Windows 8, the update will likely be to IE 10, the latest version, and by far the best.  If you have Windows XP, the best you can get is probably IE8.

Anyway, that's how I got IE10 for my Windows 7 64bit system, and I think it is the only way to get it if you have Windows 7, from what I have read elsewhere.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:38:22 PM by Geraint »