Looking to start a WoD Vampire: The Masquerade game.

Started by Vampyre Valkyrie, July 21, 2013, 10:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 22, 2013, 11:31:02 AM
I know even if a fifty year old vampire she would have low dots but I might opt to be 14th generation or even 15th, means no Kindred society status but she is a Caitiff who cares what the Man thinks. :D

And it will limit her using disciplines to high on the plus side if 15th generation she blends into mortal society better and can make cute real babies even if all Dhamphir. Might explain how she avoiding breaching the Masquerade sunlight is only lethal if 15th generation and there are medical conditions she could get documented (with some doctor helping) that can explain her quirks and being a disability will have benefits. Hell if I'm going to be vampire society bottom feeding trash should consider my options.
Agreed....Though there will be no half vampire babies at this point in time. Tis a little to much chaos at the beginning of a game. I however like the idea that sunlight is only lethal if she's 15th gen. That will also make her super useful to vampires who can't go out in the daytime...and lets face it...Useful Caitiffs are more likely to be accepted with slightly open arms. ;)
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Kolbrandr

QuoteWell like I said, it will be mostly freeform. The other GM and I will be working on plot style things, but they won't be things that are forced most of the time. As far as neonate scale gaming, I find that it's more fun to have a variety of vampire ages. So I can say without a doubt, while I will be capping "super old vampires," vampires older then 50 will be permitted.

I guess to put it another way then, how mostly is mostly? Is character creation going to for instance be the sort of "describe what your character can do" sort of thing? It is more going to resemble something of character creation from the books and from there things go very light with the rules? Other?

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Thesunmaid

The comment on the catiff...lol I know a guy who played one...he was one of he most influential vampires in our local larp. He had nothing to spend his points on but to put his influences up and he was the guy to go to if you needed something unusual. which he traded for teach me this discipline. No one realized he had protean and dementation as well as dominate celerity and a bunch of others since he tended to not show what he could do and kept his nose clean. lol

also I played a ghoul whom a lot of the vampires feared. I had to keep my elder vampire safe...and whats more safe than in torper in their coffin in the basement where no one can hurt them? I was there to care for them and no one could hurt them :P
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 22, 2013, 04:47:44 PM
I guess to put it another way then, how mostly is mostly? Is character creation going to for instance be the sort of "describe what your character can do" sort of thing? It is more going to resemble something of character creation from the books and from there things go very light with the rules? Other?
It's going to resemble something of character creation from the books if at all possible. I'm not going to let people go hog wild with powers. The parts I'm looking to be a little more freeform is the rp itself. I want people to be able to have fun with their characters, but I don't want them to come in all godded out.

|

Snickerz

When you get a character sheet sweets, I'd kinda like one. :P

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Snickerz on July 22, 2013, 08:51:57 PM
When you get a character sheet sweets, I'd kinda like one. :P
Yes yes I know...and the tremere slot you requested has been saved :D

|

Snickerz

Robelwell202

Aw, shit...    Twix as a Tremere?   We're gonna have...  issues!
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 22, 2013, 08:57:30 PM
Aw, shit...    Twix as a Tremere?   We're gonna have...  issues!

Aw *hugs* Are we talking good issues or bad ones?

Robelwell202

Probably bad (See:  Interesting RP fuel) between our characters' clans...  ;)

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 22, 2013, 09:12:34 PM
Probably bad (See:  Interesting RP fuel) between our characters' clans...  ;)

I thought we liked rp fuel? ;)

Robelwell202

*WE* do...  however, it might be a messy time between our characters.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Quote from: Robelwell202 on July 22, 2013, 09:15:30 PM
*WE* do...  however, it might be a messy time between our characters.

haha, yeah, that's true.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Children...no fighting before game starts :D

On a side note I'll be doing up a list of who has reserved what tomarrow just so I can help myself keep track and people are aware of who is playing what...Just no meta gaming with that info please :P

|

Snickerz

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 22, 2013, 11:26:52 PM
Children...no fighting before game starts :D

On a side note I'll be doing up a list of who has reserved what tomarrow just so I can help myself keep track and people are aware of who is playing what...Just no meta gaming with that info please :P

Rob and I fight? Well... Ok maybe, but only if followed instantly by rough sex. ;)

Oh sorry... What were we talking about?

Robelwell202

Quote from: Snickerz on July 22, 2013, 11:27:48 PM
Rob and I fight? Well... Ok maybe, but only if followed instantly by rough sex. ;)

Oh sorry... What were we talking about?

I'm in.  ;)

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Snickerz

Vampyre Valkyrie

*facepalm* Alright, I'm off to watch Secret Circle. I'll be on sometime tomarrow if anyone needs me. If anyone would like to add me to messenger to discuss details shoot me a pm.

I currently have Skype and Aim as my yahoo messenger crapped out on me recently.

|

Snickerz

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 22, 2013, 11:34:32 PM
*facepalm* Alright, I'm off to watch Secret Circle. I'll be on sometime tomarrow if anyone needs me. If anyone would like to add me to messenger to discuss details shoot me a pm.

I currently have Skype and Aim as my yahoo messenger crapped out on me recently.

You know, before you walk into a door, you should try opening it.  XD

PHANTOM! :-*

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Snickerz on July 22, 2013, 11:37:57 PM
You know, before you walk into a door, you should try opening it.  XD

PHANTOM! :-*

::eyes::

I'm bringing my wonky Malkavian back!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

QuoteBrief History
To quantify the evils of one Mercutio would be to travail at the identity of the number known as infinity; peruse the scores of victims tortured by his beautiful hand, and you shall find only a common denominator, a mathematical certainty, a tag of his identity.  His common prey: beautiful, independent women.  Their fate: certain death.  The paranormal investigator aught to be weary wherever elegant Mercutio courses the streets, feeding on the pulse of urban lifestyles, basking in the radiant glow of flashing neon signs and the blinding streaks of passing headlights.

What we know is this: Mercutio was born as the son of the Spanish Inquisitor.  He fell in love with an unnamed woman suspected of witchcraft and freed her.  She, a Malkavian, rewarded Mercutio with the embrace.  The two traveled through Spain, France, Switzerland and Greece before settling on the Trojan shores of Turkey until World War I.  Mercutio's unnamed sire was killed when her place of repose was exposed to sunlight by an artillery shell.  Mercutio fled to the United States, and since, he has victimized women in an attempt to recreate the bizarre relationship he once possessed with his dead sire.

Do not approach without considerate back-up:  while Mercutio is not a competent fighter, he is an experienced mentalist and can dominate at a whim.

The Vampire
MERCUTIO
Malkavian Deviant

"O, then, I see Queen Mab hath been with you.
    She is the fairies’ midwife, and she comes
    In shape no bigger than an agate-stone
    On the fore-finger of an alderman,
    Drawn with a team of little atomies
    Over men’s noses as they lie asleep;
    Her chariot is an empty hazel-nut
    Made by the joiner squirrel or old grub,
    Time out o’ mind the fairies’ coachmakers.
    Her wagon-spokes made of long spinners’ legs,
    The cover of the wings of grasshoppers,
    The traces of the smallest spider’s web,
    The collars of the moonshine’s watery beams,
    Her whip of cricket’s bone, the lash of film,
    Her wagoner a small grey-coated gnat,
    Not so big as a round little worm
    Prick’d from the lazy finger of a maid;
    And in this state she gallops night by night
    Through lovers’ brains, and then they dream of love;
    O’er courtiers’ knees, that dream on court’sies straight,
    O’er lawyers’ fingers, who straight dream on fees,
    O’er ladies ‘ lips, who straight on kisses dream,
    Which oft the angry Mab with blisters plagues,
    Because their breaths with sweetmeats tainted are:
    Sometime she gallops o’er a courtier’s nose,
    And then dreams he of smelling out a suit;
    And sometime comes she with a tithe-pig’s tail
    Tickling a parson’s nose as a’ lies asleep,
    Then dreams, he of another benefice:
    Sometime she driveth o’er a soldier’s neck,
    And then dreams he of cutting foreign throats,
    Of breaches, ambuscadoes, Spanish blades,
    Of healths five-fathom deep; and then anon
    Drums in his ear, at which he starts and wakes,
    And being thus frighted swears a prayer or two
    And sleeps again. This is that very Mab
    That plaits the manes of horses in the night,
    And bakes the elflocks in foul sluttish hairs,
    Which once untangled, much misfortune bodes:
    This is the hag, when maids lie on their backs,
    That presses them and learns them first to bear,
    Making them women of good carriage:
    This is she—"

— Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet, Act I, scene iv

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snickerz

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 22, 2013, 11:45:34 PM
::eyes::

I'm bringing my wonky Malkavian back!

Sounds fun. I'll have to take a looooong sleep tonight and work on a profile.

RubySlippers

ERSBETE CARPATHI
Caitiff

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

CarnivorousBunny

I can't really decide which picture I want to use.  I'm playing a follower if Set, so there are so many fun ways this could go.

Part of me wants to use a picture of a woman who looks innocent and a total sweetheart, but her inner darkness is inversely proportional to the beauty and sweetness of her smile:

But then someone with more striking eyes would be fun too.  Could be linked to her abilities, I think? I'm not well versed with this game and its rules and laws at all:

Of course, someone with a darker aura is the most natural choice for a vampire role play, and a follower of Set (I am assuming):

Ooooh, choices!  I cannot decide! I think I may wait and see what kind of characters everyone cooks up first before I really make a decision on which direction to go.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.