Looking to start a WoD Vampire: The Masquerade game.

Started by Vampyre Valkyrie, July 21, 2013, 10:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Just kidding most caitiff are from Brujah they are cool.  8-)

MasterOfMyFate

Is there a character sheet up that I should take a look at? I have been searching and I could not find one here.

Found it. I feel like an imbecile...
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Finite True

Sorry, but I've decided to withdraw. Systems role play just doesn't agree with me these days.

Harmony

My Brujah aren't so much bad asses as much as just asses. lol I like playing a vampire who can walk into a room look around and be like "Mwhaha FTW, lets party biaaatches" haha.

AndyZ

By the way, do we have anyone who's going to set up an Elysium area?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MasterOfMyFate

Few questions:

1. I am trying to make a Venture, what should I know about the class in the case of Advantages and Merits/Flaws/Freebies?

2. How does the Merits/Flaws/Freebies system work exactly? I haven't seen a list of Flaws I could choose from and how many points they add to the total 15.

3. Do I make up the Merits/Flaws?

4. I want my character to be REALLY proficient in Fencing. Can I do that?
Master ON/OFF

AndyZ

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on August 04, 2013, 05:35:30 PM
Few questions:

1. I am trying to make a Venture, what should I know about the class in the case of Advantages and Merits/Flaws/Freebies?

2. How does the Merits/Flaws/Freebies system work exactly? I haven't seen a list of Flaws I could choose from and how many points they add to the total 15.

3. Do I make up the Merits/Flaws?

4. I want my character to be REALLY proficient in Fencing. Can I do that?

You almost certainly want your Ventrue to have a huge number of Backgrounds.  Allies, Contacts, Resources, things like that.  You get 5 background points just for showing up but can buy more with your freebies.

Merits and Flaws themselves start on page 479 of the 20A book.

As far as really proficient, you take 4 points in Melee (buy 3 with your starting points and use 2 freebie points to buy a 4th) and you get a Specialty.  Have that Specialty be fencing.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

MasterOfMyFate

Just now knowing that there's a book to reference has drastically made this easier. Thank you.
Master ON/OFF

AndyZ

MasterOfMyFate

What are the limited points I have towards Physical, Social, and Mental?
Master ON/OFF

Harmony

Which ever one you choose to put your 7 points in, one of them will end up with 4dots but on the whole I believe at creation 3dots tends to be the norm in any one slot for those.

However again I could be wrong if they are altering anything.

Vampyre Valkyrie

We aren't altering anything, so what Harmony said is correct.
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: AndyZ on August 04, 2013, 03:26:09 PM
By the way, do we have anyone who's going to set up an Elysium area?
Yes, there will be an Elysium...Fear not :D

|

MasterOfMyFate

I'm reading through the source material and I can't find anything referencing a limit towards Backgrounds, Disciplines, and Virtues. Are there?

Just about done with my character.
Master ON/OFF

Vampyre Valkyrie

Awesome, pm it to me when you get it done.

On a side note, my laptop did not get shipped till yesterday (even though I payed for speed delivery.) That being said, it won't get here till most likely tomorrow or Thursday.

|

Marie Reynolds

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 06, 2013, 10:32:41 AM
Would Elders be allowed and what about Roads?
Lowest Gen is 9ths...and to you mean Paths?

|

Marie Reynolds

Roads are just the names of them from Dark Ages.

MasterOfMyFate

Am I allowed to establish 5 stars in resources when using the freebie points?
Master ON/OFF

Vampyre Valkyrie

No paths besides humanity to start with. You will have opourtunities to learn them in game.

|

Marie Reynolds

Could reawakening the path from the Fog of eternity after awakening from torpor be acceptable. Also what would be your ruling on generation getting Higher upon awakening from torpor because of how long the torpor was. Also have times guide by the ST staff when Memories return?

Athos

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 06, 2013, 04:51:07 PM
Also have times guide by the ST staff when Memories return?

Just throwing my two cents in here, but that sounds like it could be interesting.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Marie Reynolds

Cause I have an old concept for a Carthage Brujah. that I would love to finaly fit into a game.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on August 06, 2013, 04:51:07 PM
Could reawakening the path from the Fog of eternity after awakening from torpor be acceptable. Also what would be your ruling on generation getting Higher upon awakening from torpor because of how long the torpor was. Also have times guide by the ST staff when Memories return?
I'll have to think about Path of Fog, because I've already told others no paths. I also need you to explain what you mean about a higher gen upon awakeing. What Gen were you wanting?

|

AndyZ