You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:23:07 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Has anyone played any good video games lately?  (Read 41641 times)

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Has anyone played any good video games lately?
« Reply #950 on: March 19, 2015, 03:42:50 PM »
Sazh was probably the strongest character narrative-wise, but eventually he just kind of got shoved into total comic relief. :P

Online Oreo

« Reply #951 on: March 19, 2015, 03:57:51 PM »
I can't argue that. ; ) I just wish there had been a way to make him strong. If anyone that has played with him knows the secret, let me know.

My thanks to RPGuy for teaching me how to make Hope awesome.

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #952 on: March 19, 2015, 04:04:58 PM »
I can't argue that. ; ) I just wish there had been a way to make him strong. If anyone that has played with him knows the secret, let me know.

My thanks to RPGuy for teaching me how to make Hope awesome.
Yeah, what was up with the Upgrade system. Upgrade a weapon 90 times, next weapon still better! WTH?

Online Dwarfvader

« Reply #953 on: March 19, 2015, 04:12:33 PM »
I was making good progress if 13 before in froze mid cutscene and I lost a lot of progress. :( I did like Sazh a lot, but I also liked Vanille a lot so what do I know? XD

Online Oreo

« Reply #954 on: March 19, 2015, 04:36:26 PM »
That is why they have different kinds of characters (in all games), so there is someone that everyone can like. To this day hubby hates Hope. I haven't a clue why.

Online Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #955 on: March 19, 2015, 04:38:58 PM »
That is why they have different kinds of characters (in all games), so there is someone that everyone can like. To this day hubby hates Hope. I haven't a clue why.
Yeah, but I hated them all. Every single one except Sazh. :P

Though I only played 40 hours, so I didn't get past the tutorial.

Online Dwarfvader

« Reply #956 on: March 19, 2015, 04:51:32 PM »
I'm not huge on Hope myself. But I didn't get that far so I imagine he must have grown up somewhere through the story. Maybe after I beat Hyrule Warriors (And by beat I mean get tired of grinding) I'll give 13 another try.

Online Oreo

« Reply #957 on: March 19, 2015, 04:55:07 PM »
I'm not huge on Hope myself. But I didn't get that far so I imagine he must have grown up somewhere through the story. Maybe after I beat Hyrule Warriors (And by beat I mean get tired of grinding) I'll give 13 another try.

He is grown up in XIII-2, though not a playable character. I didn't care for him either until RPGuy showed me his strengths. ;D I'm currently in Chapter 7 and he is kickass.

Offline Galick

« Reply #958 on: March 19, 2015, 06:33:42 PM »
Been playing a ton of Bravely Default lately. Anyone who hasn't played it yet deserves to give it a try! Have to highly recommend The World Ends With You as well - easily the best DS game I've -ever- played, and ranks up there as one of the best games I've played. Easily in the top ten.

Offline ThatRPGuy

« Reply #959 on: March 19, 2015, 08:27:23 PM »
One more day till payday, but as a bonus, Episode 2 of Tales from the Borderlands came out, giving me something to enjoy tonight!

Offline Ebb

« Reply #960 on: March 19, 2015, 11:35:53 PM »
So I just finished "Ori and the Blind Forest". They've got a deal with Microsoft, so it's only available on PC and Xbone at the moment, unfortunately, but if you can play it, I can't recommend it enough. Great art, great music, surprisingly great challenge for a game that looks so pretty, too.

+1

I'm far from finishing it, but so far it seems to be a perfect blend of Castlevania and your favorite Miyazaki film.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #961 on: March 20, 2015, 01:23:32 AM »
So I'm reading through some comments here and there on reviews of FFXV, and people are actually saying that they haven't experienced great moments in a FF series in a long time, until they played through the demo and summoned Ramuh.  A lot of people are seeming to see this as what a lot of FF fans have been waiting for.  I honestly don't think SE is going to fuck this up.

Offline Changingsaint

« Reply #962 on: March 20, 2015, 02:43:57 AM »
They probably can't afford to fuck it up, either. FFXV has been in the pipeline for a long time. I imagine they've spend a lot of money to get it out in its current state.

Online Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #963 on: March 20, 2015, 06:08:08 AM »
So I'm reading through some comments here and there on reviews of FFXV, and people are actually saying that they haven't experienced great moments in a FF series in a long time, until they played through the demo and summoned Ramuh.  A lot of people are seeming to see this as what a lot of FF fans have been waiting for.  I honestly don't think SE is going to fuck this up.
I could say something about not counting domestic fowl before they hatch, but honestly I want it to do well. I want it to be a return to great Final Fantasy, but I'm afraid for me it's too little too late. I just will not allow myself to get suckered in by another Final Fantasy game.

Offline ThatRPGuy

« Reply #964 on: March 20, 2015, 08:04:06 AM »
So... Turns out payday is also tax return day! Thinking of getting caught up on my backlog, but definitely giving type-0 a shot now.

Just need to decide on PS4 or Xbone version...

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #965 on: March 20, 2015, 12:34:46 PM »
I could say something about not counting domestic fowl before they hatch, but honestly I want it to do well. I want it to be a return to great Final Fantasy, but I'm afraid for me it's too little too late. I just will not allow myself to get suckered in by another Final Fantasy game.

I know that feeling but after playing the demo, I have little doubt that it is going to fuck up.  Also Type-0 is pretty good, not huge open world but the game is rather focused.

Online Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #966 on: March 20, 2015, 12:59:14 PM »
I know that feeling but after playing the demo, I have little doubt that it is going to fuck up.  Also Type-0 is pretty good, not huge open world but the game is rather focused.
I don't want to be a stickler, but you're making it sound like it is going to be a screw up.

You have little doubt, but it's indicating that XV is going to be nothing but a F-up.

Offline ThatRPGuy

« Reply #967 on: March 20, 2015, 01:44:15 PM »
Are you playing on the PS4, Six? Basically, I'm trying to find out if the game has any touchpad controls. That's the deciding factor between versions for me.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #968 on: March 20, 2015, 01:55:51 PM »
I don't want to be a stickler, but you're making it sound like it is going to be a screw up.

You have little doubt, but it's indicating that XV is going to be nothing but a F-up.

Read it how you want, I'm not going to sit here and play with words.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #969 on: March 20, 2015, 01:56:51 PM »
Are you playing on the PS4, Six? Basically, I'm trying to find out if the game has any touchpad controls. That's the deciding factor between versions for me.

You don't use the touch pad for Type-0, in fifteen you use it for one thing I can't remember off the top of my head.

Offline Zeth

« Reply #970 on: March 20, 2015, 02:52:51 PM »
I am currently playing Watchdogs on the Xbox One. So far he story i pulling me in, but I have not finished it.

Offline ThatRPGuy

« Reply #971 on: March 20, 2015, 03:56:37 PM »
You don't use the touch pad for Type-0, in fifteen you use it for one thing I can't remember off the top of my head.

I honestly hate that thing so much it's a deal breaker for me. Having to do swipes on it in infamous for actions that could have been a button (like opening a door) was such an annoyance. I can tolerate it for things like map or menu navigation, but that's about it.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #972 on: March 20, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »
I honestly hate that thing so much it's a deal breaker for me. Having to do swipes on it in infamous for actions that could have been a button (like opening a door) was such an annoyance. I can tolerate it for things like map or menu navigation, but that's about it.

No, it isn't part of combat.  I think it actually brings up a menu and that is it so far. 

Offline Eranil Morathim

« Reply #973 on: March 21, 2015, 10:27:23 AM »
So, like I said before, I started playing FFX again. Now that I can, allI've been doing is playing blitzball. I've got a pretty strong team to, except fo one defenseman. It's kind of funny, aside from that one guy my lowest level player is like 15, and Jassu is level 9 or 10.

Online Inkidu

• Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #974 on: March 21, 2015, 11:44:35 AM »
I'm going to start a Sims 3 legacy game, which me luck. :3